DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I think I found an issue with the dragon mound above Rorikstead.  In the LOD it shows as unopened, but when the cell loads it is opened.  I've also killed that dragon, but somehow I missed the sequence of it being raised by Alduin.  I've used Version 3.00 Alpha 166 to generate the files.

20 minutes ago, ikonomov said:

I think I found an issue with the dragon mound above Rorikstead.  In the LOD it shows as unopened, but when the cell loads it is opened.  I've also killed that dragon, but somehow I missed the sequence of it being raised by Alduin.  I've used Version 3.00 Alpha 166 to generate the files.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots with more informative console.
The cover should be dynamic LOD and thus be a clickable reference.

Double check if the LOD comes back after visiting the full cell.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Restore Verbose=0 in D:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and try again.

I ran the program with Verbose=0 and the generation was completed in about 30 minutes.
I am not sure how long I have had this setting turned on, but I will turn it off in the future.
Thank you very much.
I will submit the LOG just in case.

https://ufile.io/gaaze14u

Edited by TZV4344

On 2/5/2024 at 1:56 PM, z929669 said:

In the Step SSE guide, we provide suggested settings that work well for Cathedral Weathers and Cathedral Landscapes with or without complex grass/ENB.

We set the RGB values to a a uniform, moderate value to avoid tint bias and use TexGen direct/ambient to set a good exposure for grass LOD. TexGen ettings vary, depending upon weather and grass used, but the principle should work similarly. The idea is to reduce Ambient to the lowest value possible and increase Direct exposure whilst keeping RBG flat and unbiased (be sure to expand the Modify Grass Tint/Brightness spoiler).

Thank you both for your support! With the provided values in the guide, grass LOD already looks much better. Somehow I had used values before from an older guide version I had copied locally...

2 hours ago, TomForStep said:

Thank you both for your support! With the provided values in the guide, grass LOD already looks much better. Somehow I had used values before from an older guide version I had copied locally...

I forgot to note that lowest possible Ambient + higher Direct values with TexGen works best when using grass normals in LOD (CG/CS), but if using standard grass without normals, then higher Ambient and slightly lower Direct seems to work best.

Hi

Using the latest version of dyndolod (3 alpha 167), i believe that new checks have been added before generation which helped me fix quite a few statics or Activator records which mesh or script were missing (mainly house mod like palemarsh manor or Magpie manor...).

The error messages are looking like (I had not seen them in previous versions)

[05:16] Error: Error building references: Overflow while converting variant of type (Cardinal) into type (Integer) AdditionalPlayerHomes.esp _tckPlayerObjectContainerClickTrigger "Container" [ACTI:F8003B66]

My question:

Is there a way to run dyndolod without crashing at each missing mesh in a static record to have them all at once, because I have to run dyndolod once, => crash (forced to exit), get the record, open xEdit, look for a similar mesh in an other mod, add the mesh, run it a second time and so on and so forth... would be good to have the whole list at once

I did not find a setting that enables a "continue" option in dyndolod instead of forced exiting

26 minutes ago, Hercules6969 said:

Hi

Using the latest version of dyndolod (3 alpha 167), i believe that new checks have been added before generation which helped me fix quite a few statics or Activator records which mesh or script were missing (mainly house mod like palemarsh manor or Magpie manor...).

The error messages are looking like (I had not seen them in previous versions)

[05:16] Error: Error building references: Overflow while converting variant of type (Cardinal) into type (Integer) AdditionalPlayerHomes.esp _tckPlayerObjectContainerClickTrigger "Container" [ACTI:F8003B66]

My question:

Is there a way to run dyndolod without crashing at each missing mesh in a static record to have them all at once, because I have to run dyndolod once, => crash (forced to exit), get the record, open xEdit, look for a similar mesh in an other mod, add the mesh, run it a second time and so on and so forth... would be good to have the whole list at once

I did not find a setting that enables a "continue" option in dyndolod instead of forced exiting

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#nteger-overflow

Errors or problems that prevent a successful LOD patch generation need to be fixed and can obviously not be ignored whatever their cause.
The reported problem has not realty anything to do with a mesh.

Errors or problems that prevent a successful LOD patch generation need to be fixed and can obviously not be ignored whatever their cause.

=> I totaly agree!! :biggrin:

=> well, I did read that "This is a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report with the log, debug log and bugreport.txt as explained on the official DynDOLOD support forum." I tried to upload my log using ufile.io but could not upload it and the files are too big for paste.ee.  I don't know how to add my logs...

I just noticed that adding the missing mesh or script removed the error and moved to the next in line. Well I'll keep trying fixing one after the other to see when all are fixed if it successfully finishes

10 hours ago, Hercules6969 said:

=> I totaly agree!! :biggrin:

=> well, I did read that "This is a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report with the log, debug log and bugreport.txt as explained on the official DynDOLOD support forum." I tried to upload my log using ufile.io but could not upload it and the files are too big for paste.ee.  I don't know how to add my logs...

I just noticed that adding the missing mesh or script removed the error and moved to the next in line. Well I'll keep trying fixing one after the other to see when all are fixed if it successfully finishes

The message you quoted has nothing to do with a mesh or script. You can not fix bugs in the tools encountering unexpected situations.

I suggest to take the time to learn rudimentary computer and internet knowledge like how to zip and upload files with a file service so this can be properly troubleshooted and addressed.

Hello!

I encountered a problem with the most recent 167 Alpha when trying to generate LOD.
I never had any problems with LOD generation prior to two days ago, but with the most recent version I do get an integer overflow error when trying to generate my LOD. Since it is noticed in the extra explanations - I did make a clean install of the most recent version.

The .log files are uploaded under the following link Bug Report.
Any help would be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Arimati said:

Hello!

I encountered a problem with the most recent 167 Alpha when trying to generate LOD.
I never had any problems with LOD generation prior to two days ago, but with the most recent version I do get an integer overflow error when trying to generate my LOD. Since it is noticed in the extra explanations - I did make a clean install of the most recent version.

The .log files are uploaded under the following link Bug Report.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Does the error message always report the same plugin and record?

If so, check Rally + CFTO + ICWO + Sounds.esp for errors in xEdit. 

If there are none, can you load Rally + CFTO + ICWO + Sounds.esp into xEdit, remove all records but the one with form ID xx000F1E and whatever other records it requires in the same plugin, then clean master and upload it. If you do not know how to do any of that, just upload the plugin as is.

Yes, it does mention the exact same record everytime.

Maybe another remotely helpful information regarding the record.
The "bugged" records stemm from the following mod - JS Rumpled Rugs - I remember that last year around the same time I also modded Skyrim and did some dyndlod generation. Back then when the generation process finished, I remember there were some missing scripts listed at the summary page. However, the missing scripts didn't appear at the summary page when finishing lod generation in 2024.

Anyway, here is the cleaned plugin. I also kept the other records which most likely would result in the same integer overflow.

4 minutes ago, Arimati said:

Yes, it does mention the exact same record everytime.

Maybe another remotely helpful information regarding the record.
The "bugged" records stemm from the following mod - JS Rumpled Rugs - I remember that last year around the same time I also modded Skyrim and did some dyndlod generation. Back then when the generation process finished, I remember there were some missing scripts listed at the summary page. However, the missing scripts didn't appear at the summary page when finishing lod generation in 2024.

Anyway, here is the cleaned plugin. I also kept the other records which most likely would result in the same integer overflow.

OK the mentioned record is not the cause of this issue.

Run this test version https://mega.nz/file/NZgQEL7K#uEGyhPDzVC3rANBbUYNw6UXrHZZmvI4TcAc2QwOptC0 with the full plugin.

Upload new log, debug log. No need for bugreport.txt
If the message mentions a navmesh record, remove everything else but the navmesh and whatever records it might require in the same plugin, clean masters and upload it.

Sorry for the late response.

Now with the test version I was, as you presumed, directed at a certain navmesh record which turned out to have an error in it. I resaved the plugin in CK and the Lodgeneration went through without a problem. Still a bit confused in this regard, since it never occured before, but I am thankful for your advice and sorry if I wasted too much time of yours.

3 hours ago, Arimati said:

Sorry for the late response.

Now with the test version I was, as you presumed, directed at a certain navmesh record which turned out to have an error in it. I resaved the plugin in CK and the Lodgeneration went through without a problem. Still a bit confused in this regard, since it never occured before, but I am thankful for your advice and sorry if I wasted too much time of yours.

That is is great. It would be nice if you could upload the plugin with the record with the problem as requested.