DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

6 minutes ago, tamrieltwo said:

I have this 3D Hybrid LOD where the size of the gap doesn't vary linearly, so it can't be corrected properly with a simple x/y/yz Translation. If I eliminate the large gap in the middle via Translation, then the top parts of the trunk will crossover. What would your advice be?

image.thumb.png.5f6eac7f5c993db330a6c838551738cf.png

Find the best translation, so it looks good when hopefully most of the trunk is hidden behind the crown.
Or edit the full model to have a straight trunk.
Or keep the 3D of the trunk and optimize/decimate it and make its UV stay inside 0.0 and 1.0 (if beneficial create a TexGen rule to generate a stitched 2x2 version so UV can stay between 0.0 and 2.0)

Edited by sheson

I was able to run TexGen and DynDOLOD successfully. The following versions were used:

I had to set the following settings to get the programs to run. TexGen in particular was very sensitive, and I had to set virtually all parameters.

TexGen_SSE.INI:

[TexGen]
LockTexconv=1
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini:

[DynDOLOD]
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

There is a visual error with the DynDOLOD program. If it is set to Windows 10, then the text under "Mesh and Reference rules" is not displayed. If you click on it, the blue selection of the line is displayed for a short moment, but then disappears again, so that the area remains white. I suspect that the font color here is just white? Maybe you have an idea about this. Because the rest of the text is displayed. The problem can be solved if I set DynDOLOD to Windows 7.

Screenshotfrom2023-10-1522-23-16.thumb.png.9d312005859f1fb31afb45a1f26bf45d.png

There is another error with DynDOLOD. If the program runs as Windows XP, then the closing dialog does not appear, but the program closes after the run. Nevertheless, the following can be read in the logs:

[38:29] LODGenx64.exe generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully
[38:29] Created a summary of log messages C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\Summary\DynDOLOD_Index.html.
[38:29] Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked.
[38:29] Saving C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esm
[38:31] Saving C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esp
[38:35] Saving C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\DynDOLOD_Output\Occlusion.esp

The error seems understandable to me. If there is an error when starting DynDOLOD, the message window always appears with the link to the website. This also does not appear under Windows XP. Instead, the log says that at least Windows Vista is needed to display the dialog. The reason why I set DynDOLOD temporarily on Windows XP was that, as described above, the text is not displayed correctly under Windows 10.

Don't get me wrong, I just want to share with you and the community my findings about the tools on Linux.

Edited by ErikSteiner
added additional information

45 minutes ago, ErikSteiner said:

I was able to run TexGen and DynDOLOD successfully. The following versions were used:

I had to set the following settings to get the programs to run. TexGen in particular was very sensitive, and I had to set virtually all parameters.

TexGen_SSE.INI:

[TexGen]
LockTexconv=1
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini:

[DynDOLOD]
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

There is a visual error with the DynDOLOD program. If it is set to Windows 10, then the text under "Mesh and Reference rules" is not displayed. If you click on it, the blue selection of the line is displayed for a short moment, but then disappears again, so that the area remains white. I suspect that the font color here is just white? Maybe you have an idea about this. Because the rest of the text is displayed. The problem can be solved if I set DynDOLOD to Windows 7.

Screenshotfrom2023-10-1522-23-16.thumb.png.9d312005859f1fb31afb45a1f26bf45d.png

There is another error with DynDOLOD. If the program runs as Windows XP, then the closing dialog does not appear, but the program closes after the run. Nevertheless, the following can be read in the logs:

[38:29] LODGenx64.exe generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully
[38:29] Created a summary of log messages C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\Summary\DynDOLOD_Index.html.
[38:29] Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked.
[38:29] Saving C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esm
[38:31] Saving C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esp
[38:35] Saving C:\Modding\DynDOLOD_3.00-Alpha-155\DynDOLOD_Output\Occlusion.esp

The error seems understandable to me. If there is an error when starting DynDOLOD, the message window always appears with the link to the website. This also does not appear under Windows XP. Instead, the log says that at least Windows Vista is needed to display the dialog. The reason why I set DynDOLOD temporarily on Windows XP was that, as described above, the text is not displayed correctly under Windows 10.

Don't get me wrong, I just want to share with you and the community my findings about the tools on Linux.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug to upload when making posts. Typically provide the debug log for every time different settings are used.
Provide the  output from official Texconv without any parameters that shows the detected adapters.

"TexGen in particular was very sensitive" is not a useful error report. Half the settings apply to Texconv and not TexGen.

The tools use TaskDialog, which was introduced with Windows Vista. Windows 7 would be the minimum requirement for everything, including the .Net Framework 4.8.
The mesh rules uses a ListView, same as xEdit for the referenced by tab. Does that work?

I do not need to change anything in my old Ubuntu test setup from 2021 with Proton 5 and wine 7 to see the ListView

DynDOLOD.3.Alpha-155.png

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

"TexGen in particular was very sensitive" is not a useful error report. Half the settings apply to Texconv and not TexGen.

I do not need to change anything in my old Ubuntu test setup from 2021 with Proton 5 and wine 7 to see the ListView

DynDOLOD.3.Alpha-155.png

I have just created a prefix with wine-8.0.2. And completely outside of Steam and Proton. Simply wine from the system installation.

In it, I installed MO2 which brings "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio ...". Then I installed the "DynDOLOD Resources SE" and generated the billboards with TexGen. After this I started DynDOLOD and indeed the merge area was displayed correctly. However, it turned out that wine creates the prefix by default with Windows 7. If I switch the DynDOLOD application to Windows 10, I can replicate the visual error.

I therefore assume that in your winecfg either the entire prefix or the application is set to Windows 7. So we would both be right, wouldn't we?

Provide the output from official Texconv without any parameters that shows the detected adapters.

I attached them from the example below.

The tools use TaskDialog, which was introduced with Windows Vista. Windows 7 would be the minimum requirement for everything, including the .Net Framework 4.8.

That describes my observations. So that, the generation fails if you try it on Windows XP.

The mesh rules uses a ListView, same as xEdit for the referenced by tab. Does that work?

Unfortunately, I am unable to find that tab. Is there anything special required, in order to get it?

Half the settings apply to Texconv and not TexGen.

I thought that already, that they are forwarded. You can also see this during execution in htop/btop. I just didn't want to give the impression that I would use other versions or procedures.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

2 hours ago, ErikSteiner said:

I have just created a prefix with wine-8.0.2. And completely outside of Steam and Proton. Simply wine from the system installation.

In it, I installed MO2 which brings "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio ...". Then I installed the "DynDOLOD Resources SE" and generated the billboards with TexGen. After this I started DynDOLOD and indeed the merge area was displayed correctly. However, it turned out that wine creates the prefix by default with Windows 7. If I switch the DynDOLOD application to Windows 10, I can replicate the visual error.

I therefore assume that in your winecfg either the entire prefix or the application is set to Windows 7. So we would both be right, wouldn't we?

I attached them from the example below.

That describes my observations. So that, the generation fails if you try it on Windows XP.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find that tab. Is there anything special required, in order to get it?

I thought that already, that they are forwarded. You can also see this during execution in htop/btop. I just didn't want to give the impression that I would use other versions or procedures.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 84.57 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 641.43 kB · 0 downloads

The DynDOLOD debug log only contains the last session, which just shows you opening and close it. The DynDOLOD log does not seem to show any entire generation session either. Upload the TexGen debug log that hopefully contains the entire generation of the textures.

I do not see the original Texconv output that shows the discovered adapters?

the Referenced by tab is shown at the bottom on records that are used by other records and requires the tool to build the reference cache.
For example 00013002 has 37 referenced by entries for the vanilla game.

I see my mistake. This happened when I tried to test different Windows versions and the effect onto the visibility of ListView.

Thank you very much for the explanation of the .NET Framework and the technique behind your tools. This will help me in using it under Linux. I already noticed, that TexGen will not work very well under "Windows XP", so I will try to install dotnet48, and maybe I can omit those entries under [TexGen]/[DynDOLOD].

10 hours ago, ErikSteiner said:

I see my mistake. This happened when I tried to test different Windows versions and the effect onto the visibility of ListView.

Thank you very much for the explanation of the .NET Framework and the technique behind your tools. This will help me in using it under Linux. I already noticed, that TexGen will not work very well under "Windows XP", so I will try to install dotnet48, and maybe I can omit those entries under [TexGen]/[DynDOLOD].

xEdit, xLODGen, DynDOLOD are compiled Delphi program and does not require anything aside from Windows 7 or higher.
Texconv, L0ODGenx64.exe, LODGenx64Win.exe require Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 or higher.
LODGenx64.exe requires .Net Framework 4.8 or higher, LODGenx64Win.Exe requires .NET6 or higher

Run the original version of Texconv without any command line arguments and copy/paste the list of adapters shown.

Does the referenced by listing work in xEdit?

I can't figure out why the leaves of my 3D Hybrid LOD use a bark texture. About 50% of my LODs look wrong like this (however the other 50% look completely correct).

image.thumb.png.6ab56b00b4183b65389144efe931753b.png

Original Full Mesh: betula02.nif

3D Hybrid LOD Mesh: betula02_c36d6757passthru_lod.nif

Bugreport: bugreport.txt

Logs: Logs.rar

In Tree_Report:

Betula02 "betula 02" [TREE:2802447E] Meshes\landscape\trees\nature_of_the_wild_lands\betula\betula02.nif [CRC32:C36D6757] using textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2_det.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2_det_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_sk.dds 
    New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found
    betula02_c36d6757passthru_lod.nif betula_3(photogrammetry) Crown = textures\true forest\betula\new\branches.dds -> textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2.dds
    Billboard_0: textures\terrain\lodgen\nature of the wild lands.esp\betula02_0002447e.dds, textures\default_n.dds
    Billboard_1: textures\terrain\lodgen\nature of the wild lands.esp\betula02_0002447e_1.dds, textures\terrain\lodgen\nature of the wild lands.esp\betula02_0002447e_1_n.dds
    Billboard_2: textures\terrain\lodgen\nature of the wild lands.esp\betula02_0002447e_2.dds, textures\terrain\lodgen\nature of the wild lands.esp\betula02_0002447e_2_n.dds
    Level0: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\betula02_c36d6757passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:3367CEB7] using textures\true forest\betula\new\branches.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_sk.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_2_n.dds
    Level1: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\betula02_c36d6757passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:3367CEB7] using textures\true forest\betula\new\branches.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_sk.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_2_n.dds
    Level2: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\betula02_c36d6757passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:3367CEB7] using textures\true forest\betula\new\branches.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_sk.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\nature of the wild lands 2.0 - deleted 3d lods\betula02_c36d6757_trunk_2_n.dds
    Dynamic: Meshes\landscape\trees\nature_of_the_wild_lands\betula\betula02.nif [CRC32:C36D6757] using textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2_det.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\bark_2_det_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_n.dds, textures\true forest\betula\new\branches_sk.dds
    Mask: tree    File: C:\Games\Modding\DynDOLOD 3\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_Medium.ini
    LOD4: Level0
    LOD8: Billboard1 using internal
    LOD16: Billboard1 using internal
    Grid: FarLOD    Reference: Unchanged

It's using branches.dds for leaves, but when I directly open the texture branches.dds, it just looks like normal leaves. 

Branches.dds: https://file.io/Ji3SwxeP7wFQ

Trunk billboard textures: https://www.file.io/

It appears as though the billboard trunk texture somehow got applied to the crown of the tree? It's the same white/grey color.

image.thumb.png.01aa85fae888704e9247a36e046c40ea.png

Edited by tamrieltwo

7 hours ago, khaosjimena said:

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Special_Editi Can the textures of the houses be the effect of DynDOLOD? Increasing uLargeRefLODGridSize a lot (19 in BethINI) solves this, but the fps are reduced a lot.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Rudimentary-Troubleshooting

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots with more informative console and how to test if something is LOD or not.

This looks like a problem with parallax or 2 pass show shaders.

4 hours ago, tamrieltwo said:

I can't figure out why the leaves of my 3D Hybrid LOD use a bark texture. About 50% of my LODs look wrong like this (however the other 50% look completely correct).

image.thumb.png.6ab56b00b4183b65389144efe931753b.png

Original Full Mesh: betula02.nif

3D Hybrid LOD Mesh: betula02_c36d6757passthru_lod.nif

Bugreport: bugreport.txt

Logs: Logs.rar

In Tree_Report:

It's using branches.dds for leaves, but when I directly open the texture branches.dds, it just looks like normal leaves. 

Branches.dds: https://file.io/Ji3SwxeP7wFQ

Trunk billboard textures: https://www.file.io/

It appears as though the billboard trunk texture somehow got applied to the crown of the tree? It's the same white/grey color.

image.thumb.png.01aa85fae888704e9247a36e046c40ea.png

The full model shape names do match wrongly the LOD model shape names.

The shape "betula_3(photogrammetry)" in the full model is part of the trunk and uses the bark.dds texture. The crown has the shape name "betula_3(photogrammetry).001"

The crown in the LOD model has "betula_3(photogrammetry) Crown" so its texture gets replaced to one the full defines. Rename the shape name to "betula_3(photogrammetry).001 Crown".

I keep getting this error Error: OpenGL: framebuffer objects unsupported. Any help would be apreciated since now i cant generate any texures using texgen and wont be able to use dyndolod until this issue is fixed. it was working great a few days ago. ive uninstalled mods i installed since then and i still get this error message. I updated my Nvidia Graphics Drivers a couple of days ago.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

2 hours ago, Rangerx said:

I keep getting this error Error: OpenGL: framebuffer objects unsupported. Any help would be apreciated since now i cant generate any texures using texgen and wont be able to use dyndolod until this issue is fixed. it was working great a few days ago. ive uninstalled mods i installed since then and i still get this error message. I updated my Nvidia Graphics Drivers a couple of days ago.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 632.99 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which TexGen debug and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#OpenGL which should open when clicking the link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" of the message prompt.

Hi, When DynDOLOD generates refs for [0009A365] and [0009A366] (2 "WHshorttower" in WindHelm), it copies the position and rotation edits by JK's Skyrim. As a result, the generated refs are out of place. 

2023-10-20142806.thumb.png.b556f05acf14bb5ba26ca80a5399682f.png 2023-10-20142728.thumb.png.21bc06eb4c9a0498f0858f8abbfb468e.png

508.thumb.jpg.949ea03c01431db9ed6c5afd81522381.jpg 509.thumb.jpg.bc248afce6cc66465ad0d9e1f2a55c08.jpg

Any chance for somthing like a custom rule for the refs?

Edited by objir