DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

58 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

So encountered an odd (probably self-inflicted) glitch in Whiterun after generating underside using Open Cities:

v36K5ii.jpgkK82Z1W.jpg

It appears a chunk of Dragonreach is missing and the reference is to Tamriel_Underside.nif.  I used the standard process of running DynDOLOD twice, first without OCS enabled for trees, and then with OCS enabled to generate the esm/esp.  Is there a new twist to the process for OCS when setting underside on?

Obviously the underside  NIF just gets in the way of the view angle.

If DynDOLOD is doing something with 0005D2BE, make sure to click low, medium, high in the second pass, so that the 2 rules for Open Cities are loaded.

Check the debug log if there is a line <Notice: Loading G:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD3\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_opencitiesskyrimesp.ini with 2 rules> or set Notice=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to have notices in the normal message log.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Obviously the underside  NIF just gets in the way of the view angle.

If DynDOLOD is doing something with 0005D2BE, make sure to click low, medium, high in the second pass, so that the 2 rules for Open Cities are loaded.

Check the debug log if there is a line <Notice: Loading G:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD3\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_opencitiesskyrimesp.ini with 2 rules> or set Notice=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to have notices in the normal message log.

Yep, that was exactly it. The preset I had saved overwrote the high rules on pass 2. Loading the High rules first, then applying my rules and re-generating esm/esp fixed everything.  Going to now save presets for both pass 1 and pass 2 so it doesn't happen again.  Thanks Sheson!

FYI This is a vanilla mesh error and I've reported it to Arthmoor for inclusion in an update to USSEP.  There is a space after the *_n.

[02:02] <Warning: Can not find file textures\dlc02\architecture\thirsk\meadhall\dlc2thirskbeam01_n .dds used by Meshes\dlc02\architecture\thirsk\meadhall\dlc2thirskmeadhallexterior01.nif Better Dynamic Snow.esp DLC2ThirskMeadHallExterior010000 [STAT:04026AC5]>

58 minutes ago, kojak747 said:

FYI This is a vanilla mesh error and I've reported it to Arthmoor for inclusion in an update to USSEP.  There is a space after the *_n.

[02:02] <Warning: Can not find file textures\dlc02\architecture\thirsk\meadhall\dlc2thirskbeam01_n .dds used by Meshes\dlc02\architecture\thirsk\meadhall\dlc2thirskmeadhallexterior01.nif Better Dynamic Snow.esp DLC2ThirskMeadHallExterior010000 [STAT:04026AC5]>

There are quite a few meshes and textures with warnings in the vanilla game. Their messages should only show in the debug log.

Sir, although the wrcitywall01lod.dds is generated, the whiterun wall lod is still not correct:

538497694_2021-03-08224846.thumb.jpg.ce6cac5612714b13b850d375eb3d5410.jpg

20210308223208_1.thumb.jpg.a846a4a601a247c3814baa54e0b94e65.jpg

Or maybe it doesn't use wrcitywall01lod.dds at all? Digging into the DynDOLOD Resources a bit and I couldn't find a lod mesh that fit the city wall

2 hours ago, 103Vault said:

Sir, although the wrcitywall01lod.dds is generated, the whiterun wall lod is still not correct:

Or maybe it doesn't use wrcitywall01lod.dds at all? Digging into the DynDOLOD Resources a bit and I couldn't find a lod mesh that fit the city wall

wrcitywall01lod.dds is a stitched 2x2 version of textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall01.dds and typically only used if a full model that is used for LOD happens to use it.

The Whiterun city walls use meshes\lod\whiterun\wrwall*.nif

They typically use the rendered object LOD texture textures\lod\WRWallsLOD01.dds, which can be updated with TexGen 3.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

wrcitywall01lod.dds is a stitched 2x2 version of textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall01.dds and typically only used if a full model that is used for LOD happens to use it.

The Whiterun city walls use meshes\lod\whiterun\wrwall*.nif

They typically use the rendered object LOD texture textures\lod\WRWallsLOD01.dds, which can be updated with TexGen 3.

Sir, just digged up little more and finally solved the problem: the wall uses DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds, which is messed up by me because I forgot to install Texgen as a mod before generating DynDOLOD. Sorry for the inconvenience.

38 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Hi Sheson.

In the pictures in the second post about Grass LOD did you set Precache Grass to start "beyond the active cell" or "beyond the large reference cell"?

The screenshots show grass LOD starting right after the 5x5 uGridsToLoad together with terrain, tree and object LOD for "small" references. The large references are most likely turned off too.

• Thanks 1

Hey Sheson, hope you're doing well and thanks for all of your great work and support!

I may have encountered a bug after my last Dyndolod-generation resulting in some weird dark grey/black areas on certain parts of some (not all) distant mountains: https://imgur.com/a/knEcWi4. It doesnt seem to be a problem with snow-lods or anything like that (since most of the mountains with snow looks perfectly fine) so Im a bit confused here...

Im using the "Dynamic volumetric lighting mod" though but I did un-comment the DoubleSidedTextureMask=mountain,mtn and also put TerrainUnderside=1 in the ini before the generation... 

Anyway, here are the logfiles if you want to have a look: https://easyupload.io/m/ahv482 

Edited by TheDude

5 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Hey Sheson, hope you're doing well and thanks for all of your great work and support!

I may have encountered a bug after my last Dyndolod-generation resulting in some weird dark grey/black areas on certain parts of some (not all) distant mountains: https://imgur.com/a/knEcWi4. It doesnt seem to be a problem with snow-lods or anything like that (since most of the mountains with snow looks perfectly fine) so Im a bit confused here...

Im using the "Dynamic volumetric lighting mod" though but I did un-comment the DoubleSidedTextureMask=mountain,mtn and also put TerrainUnderside=1 in the ini before the generation... 

Anyway, here are the logfiles if you want to have a look: https://easyupload.io/m/ahv482 

Type tll in console to turn off LOD. If the dark spots go away this is LOD.

If it is LOD, check if a mod overwrites the mountain LOD models in meshes\lod\mountains\*.nif. If you go close to the affect mountain, you could check its full model / base form id to find out which LOD model it uses specifically. Temporarily remove the LOD model and generate LOD to test if that changes anything. Check which texture the LOD model is using or if the base record has texture replacements.

If that didn't change anything, generate LOD without DoubleSidedTextureMask, e.g. leave it commented to test if it changes anything.

Thanks a lot, Ill try your suggestions asap!

Well, definitely seems to be LOD: https://imgur.com/a/8Lb8Oi7  Look at the last picture though, that looks great with no black spots whatsoever! 

Ill continue my tests... having some problems getting the base form id since "Volumetric mists" is in the way... ill have to disable that first I guess...

Edited by TheDude

Looks like I solved the LOD-problems for my mountains! I reinstalled a bunch of mods (Majestic Mountains, Tamrielic Textures) changed a few things in the load order (TT overwrite MM), installed Z-fighting patch and deleted a few nifs in the \lod\mountains\ (there was a bunch of ELFX-nifs there which is weird since I dont use ELF Exterior, only interior). Anyhoo, looks a lot better now: https://imgur.com/a/DpEHYyH

Thanks again for your support!

Edited by TheDude