DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Hey Sheson,

getting really weird Assertion failure's that are not 100% repeatable (for the same worldspace) but happen so far in 100% of my runs.

They happen in differend worldspaces every run for some reason. 

Sometimes it crashes in one worldspace and the next one runs it without any problems.

Got two bug reports for you, can probably create more for differend worldspaces when i run them again.

Its also not the same "places ThisObject" where it got the error

Got one dyn_log aswell but cant send you the dyn_debug_log since its 500mb big.

Should i just send you the last few thousand entries instead?

EDIT: Happend to me aswell that dyndolod just crashed wihout any message or bugreport at all.

Assertion Failure Logs.7z

Edited by Vashnera

53 minutes ago, Vashnera said:

Hey Sheson,

getting really weird Assertion failure's that are not 100% repeatable (for the same worldspace) but happen so far in 100% of my runs.

They happen in differend worldspaces every run for some reason. 

Sometimes it crashes in one worldspace and the next one runs it without any problems.

Got two bug reports for you, can probably create more for differend worldspaces when i run them again.

Its also not the same "places ThisObject" where it got the error

Got one dyn_log aswell but cant send you the dyn_debug_log since its 500mb big.

Should i just send you the last few thousand entries instead?

EDIT: Happend to me aswell that dyndolod just crashed wihout any message or bugreport at all.

Assertion Failure Logs.7z 65.89 kB · 0 downloads

Also upload the debug log as explained on the first post.

18 hours ago, broncofan0211 said:

Hi Sheson, sorry to bother you again. I regenerated grass cache, sse lodgen, dyndolod textures and output. Still no grass lod. I attached the logs from the new run. Are there other logs that might help? Thanks.

https://ufile.io/6jv36tdr dyndolod log

https://ufile.io/wt9p3kyd  dyndolod debug

https://ufile.io/nthta1v2  lodgen tamriel

https://ufile.io/7g8asj98  lodgen grass map tamriel

https://ufile.io/uiym3d38  texgen log

There are "some" grass NIFs with a UV scale set to zero which causes them to not have billboards generated with the current version because they render all transparent. The grass shader in the game ignores that setting, so the grasses still show.

Next version of TexGen will ignore the UV scale for grass LOD billboard creation, too. For the text it now has 53 billboards in LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt.

grass.jpg

The border between full grass and LOD goes about from the lower left third to the right half. TexGen grass direct light is 140, ambient 25.
Some of the full model grasses need better mipmaps with alpha coverage, as they currently fade into nothing before the cell border.

TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt

Hello friends, i have a trouble running LodGen with Dyndolod... I swear i really looked everywhere and can't seems to find any solution. (** It's been a week i am on it every nights and can't see the problem * Sorry about my English by the way)

So the problem : "Error: Executing LODGenx64.exe returned error code 5" (I know what you're thinking hehe, the problem is on my side, i guess it is, but can't see where lol)

What i already did (multiple time and in multiple ways, really *one week lol) :

-Changed the UAC setting, turning off completely.

-Changed the firewall, Defender settings, turning off completely, defined allowed rules etc...

-Reinstalled all the required libraries, .NET, VS 2xxx in one package, and in loose package... (Rebooted various time in the process)

-Changed the all implied directory in order to have "no space" in the address.

-Included the .NET .DLL directly into the Edit Scripts directory.

-Tried that solution https://www.admin-enclave.com/computer/windows/resolved-the-open-procedure-for-service-bits-in-dll-c-windows-system32-bitsperf-dll-failed-performance-data-for-this-service-will-not-be-available-the-first-four-bytes-dword-of-the-data-section-contai (which i found on this thread), as well as looked foward to https://www.admin-enclave.com/computer/windows/windows-10-driver-for-hp-elitebook-2570p-notebook-pc (this thread as well, since the problem was a bit like mine).

-Tried with two TES installation version (1.6.353 and 1.5.97).

-Tried on two differents computers, which have two differents windows 10 build #.

-On my second computer i tried to run DyndoLod.exe with my AMD Radeon activated, as well as with only the Intel Graphic in case it would be graphic related.

-I tried in Safe mode (yes we try everything even if it looks stupid when we exhausted all solutions in mind lol)

-Tried to run LODGen via xLODGenx64 instead, same error.

-Looked carefully into Windows Event Viewer to see if i could find a clue, downloaded another log reader software which allowed me to see ALL the log combined in one pane to be sure  not to miss something, but absolutely nothing related is registered in the windows logs when the error occurs.

-Of course run DynDOLODx64 as Admin etc.

-And of course got sure that the resource mod (3.0) matched the version of the mod i am using, redownloaded everything to be sure.

-Run DynDOLODx64 with Mod Organiser, manually and with command line with no mods whatsoever...

-Changed the permission of the entire Drive in order to allow full control to ALL members of my user groups.

-I looked over and over on the web, nothing seems to work for me :(. - (TexGen / TexGen64 doesn't have any problem though).

*The fun fact is that i can run every LODGen instance in Edit Scripts folder manually, the command windows opens up and in the log it is written "Nothing to do", obviously since it has no input file to process, but the process run without errors.

Please if anybody have any clues let me know, i really have an hard time to tell me just to go without it after spending so many time trying to sort out this issues of mine  (my brain is stuck on this, help me getting control of my brain again please lol), maybe somebody encountered the same issues and could get me on the right track, it would be really, really appreciated i assure!

Here are the LOGS of my last try before posting that "book" of a comment hehe. *In this case i run it within a command windows with "DynDOLODx64.exe -sse -o:"E:\SKYRIM\==DYNADLOD\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\" -d:"E:\==GAMES==\Skyrim_AE\Data\" without any MODs installed. In this case i copied manually the loose resource files into the data folder.

*Last thing, in LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt, i noticed "Game Mode: TES5", even if DynDOLODx64 is launched with the -sse parameter.. This i never sorted out.

Thanks you for taking the time of reading all this furthermore with my bad English, and any help is welcome :)!! 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt

Edited by dutch45612

I'm reposting this here as suggested in my OP on the SSE Guide Forum.

I'm retruning back to playing Skyrim after a couple of years absence. I've purchased the AE upgrade and began following the guide. I chose not to use the post-processing option during this build. While running DynDOLOD this message appeared on the screen. I don't believe this is a DynDOLOD problem, but I can't figure out what I need to do to resolve the issue.  Skyrim.esm isn't a master that needs to be cleaned is it? I don't remember reading that it was. The link in the image goes to a local html file. I'm not sure how to share that here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2084511678_Screenshot2022-05-16213845.thumb.jpg.f5008a13d3f30887b84845853715edf2.jpg

https://imgur.com/Yb5JH6E

https://imgur.com/J747VAi

Edited by Badfrog88
added screenshots of messages.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

There are "some" grass NIFs with a UV scale set to zero which causes them to not have billboards generated with the current version because they render all transparent. The grass shader in the game ignores that setting, so the grasses still show.

Next version of TexGen will ignore the UV scale for grass LOD billboard creation, too. For the text it now has 53 billboards in LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt.

grass.jpg

The border between full grass and LOD goes about from the lower left third to the right half. TexGen grass direct light is 140, ambient 25.
Some of the full model grasses need better mipmaps with alpha coverage, as they currently fade into nothing before the cell border.

TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt 14.21 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Sheson, thanks for going through and looking at this! I was at work when I saw your earlier message, and came home and started looking at .bto files in nifscope, before I saw this. Looks like you don't need my screenshots of meshes now!! Your pic looks way better than anything I was getting. 

Do you need anything else from me? If anything I learned a lot through this process, and can't thank you enough. Seems the firstborn are in good hands at this point.

I am using DynDOLOD 3 latest release.

TexGen crashes when ran under wine. I think it is a TexConv problem as I have read that it is really finicky under wine, but I have looked around these forums and saw that some people might have had success. But only with combining older versions. When it crashes seems a little inconsistent, usually it crashes on dlc1icewalllod.nif, but I have gotten past that before. Sometimes it just hard closes, sometimes it gives OpenGL: invalid operation and lets me exit.

I use a Proton build of wine that works well with MO2 and skyrim, it has vcrun2019 using winetricks. All my other tools work great although I have not tried running DynDOLOD yet as have not had success with TexGen.

I attached my TexGen logs, bugreport.txt usually does not generate, but it did one time separate from the two TexGen SSE Logs. I also posted the latest one of bugreport.

Really not an expert with wine nor with DynDOLOD, but I did notice that in the changelog TexConv runs with -nowic when under wine, but that parameter seemed to be missing in the debug log.

[00:09] [TConvertTexturesThread.Execute] <Debug: [Texconvx64.exe] Executing "Z:\home\aidan\SkyrimModdingTools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "Z:\home\aidan\SkyrimModdingTools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\sbt" -flist "C:\users\steamuser\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_5_120_3EF2FBE7B4A3419EBFF4A2B2B9FE3EEC.txt">

Also messing with the texgen ini settings I found that I got consistently further in the process if I disabled mipmap, but that was on for the logs I posted. My ini now with those runs are default.

I know that wine support is not a guarantee, but I am stubborn enough to try to make it work.

Thank you, sorry if I am doing something wrong new to this.

https://paste.ee/p/HmEL5

6 hours ago, dutch45612 said:

Hello friends, i have a trouble running LodGen with Dyndolod... I swear i really looked everywhere and can't seems to find any solution. (** It's been a week i am on it every nights and can't see the problem * Sorry about my English by the way)

So the problem : "Error: Executing LODGenx64.exe returned error code 5" (I know what you're thinking hehe, the problem is on my side, i guess it is, but can't see where lol)

What i already did (multiple time and in multiple ways, really *one week lol) :

-Changed the UAC setting, turning off completely.

-Changed the firewall, Defender settings, turning off completely, defined allowed rules etc...

-Reinstalled all the required libraries, .NET, VS 2xxx in one package, and in loose package... (Rebooted various time in the process)

-Changed the all implied directory in order to have "no space" in the address.

-Included the .NET .DLL directly into the Edit Scripts directory.

-Tried that solution https://www.admin-enclave.com/computer/windows/resolved-the-open-procedure-for-service-bits-in-dll-c-windows-system32-bitsperf-dll-failed-performance-data-for-this-service-will-not-be-available-the-first-four-bytes-dword-of-the-data-section-contai (which i found on this thread), as well as looked foward to https://www.admin-enclave.com/computer/windows/windows-10-driver-for-hp-elitebook-2570p-notebook-pc (this thread as well, since the problem was a bit like mine).

-Tried with two TES installation version (1.6.353 and 1.5.97).

-Tried on two differents computers, which have two differents windows 10 build #.

-On my second computer i tried to run DyndoLod.exe with my AMD Radeon activated, as well as with only the Intel Graphic in case it would be graphic related.

-I tried in Safe mode (yes we try everything even if it looks stupid when we exhausted all solutions in mind lol)

-Tried to run LODGen via xLODGenx64 instead, same error.

-Looked carefully into Windows Event Viewer to see if i could find a clue, downloaded another log reader software which allowed me to see ALL the log combined in one pane to be sure  not to miss something, but absolutely nothing related is registered in the windows logs when the error occurs.

-Of course run DynDOLODx64 as Admin etc.

-And of course got sure that the resource mod (3.0) matched the version of the mod i am using, redownloaded everything to be sure.

-Run DynDOLODx64 with Mod Organiser, manually and with command line with no mods whatsoever...

-Changed the permission of the entire Drive in order to allow full control to ALL members of my user groups.

-I looked over and over on the web, nothing seems to work for me :(. - (TexGen / TexGen64 doesn't have any problem though).

*The fun fact is that i can run every LODGen instance in Edit Scripts folder manually, the command windows opens up and in the log it is written "Nothing to do", obviously since it has no input file to process, but the process run without errors.

Please if anybody have any clues let me know, i really have an hard time to tell me just to go without it after spending so many time trying to sort out this issues of mine  (my brain is stuck on this, help me getting control of my brain again please lol), maybe somebody encountered the same issues and could get me on the right track, it would be really, really appreciated i assure!

Here are the LOGS of my last try before posting that "book" of a comment hehe. *In this case i run it within a command windows with "DynDOLODx64.exe -sse -o:"E:\SKYRIM\==DYNADLOD\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\" -d:"E:\==GAMES==\Skyrim_AE\Data\" without any MODs installed. In this case i copied manually the loose resource files into the data folder.

*Last thing, in LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt, i noticed "Game Mode: TES5", even if DynDOLODx64 is launched with the -sse parameter.. This i never sorted out.

Thanks you for taking the time of reading all this furthermore with my bad English, and any help is welcome :)!! 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 47.83 kB · 1 download LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt 1.69 kB · 0 downloads

"No PathOutput, set PathOutput="

Remove the = signs from all folder names.

5 hours ago, broncofan0211 said:

Hi Sheson, thanks for going through and looking at this! I was at work when I saw your earlier message, and came home and started looking at .bto files in nifscope, before I saw this. Looks like you don't need my screenshots of meshes now!! Your pic looks way better than anything I was getting. 

Do you need anything else from me? If anything I learned a lot through this process, and can't thank you enough. Seems the firstborn are in good hands at this point.

Just wait for next version for now.

7 hours ago, Badfrog88 said:

I'm reposting this here as suggested in my OP on the SSE Guide Forum.

I'm retruning back to playing Skyrim after a couple of years absence. I've purchased the AE upgrade and began following the guide. I chose not to use the post-processing option during this build. While running DynDOLOD this message appeared on the screen. I don't believe this is a DynDOLOD problem, but I can't figure out what I need to do to resolve the issue.  Skyrim.esm isn't a master that needs to be cleaned is it? I don't remember reading that it was. The link in the image goes to a local html file. I'm not sure how to share that here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2084511678_Screenshot2022-05-16213845.thumb.jpg.f5008a13d3f30887b84845853715edf2.jpg

https://imgur.com/Yb5JH6E

https://imgur.com/J747VAi

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.
Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.
Use the "Copy message to clipboard" and paste the text instead of posting a screenshot of the message as explained on the first post.
Do not make screenshots of text or logs. Copy/Paste or upload the text/log instead.

3 hours ago, BoomFrickle said:

I am using DynDOLOD 3 latest release.

TexGen crashes when ran under wine. I think it is a TexConv problem as I have read that it is really finicky under wine, but I have looked around these forums and saw that some people might have had success. But only with combining older versions. When it crashes seems a little inconsistent, usually it crashes on dlc1icewalllod.nif, but I have gotten past that before. Sometimes it just hard closes, sometimes it gives OpenGL: invalid operation and lets me exit.

I use a Proton build of wine that works well with MO2 and skyrim, it has vcrun2019 using winetricks. All my other tools work great although I have not tried running DynDOLOD yet as have not had success with TexGen.

I attached my TexGen logs, bugreport.txt usually does not generate, but it did one time separate from the two TexGen SSE Logs. I also posted the latest one of bugreport.

Really not an expert with wine nor with DynDOLOD, but I did notice that in the changelog TexConv runs with -nowic when under wine, but that parameter seemed to be missing in the debug log.

[00:09] [TConvertTexturesThread.Execute] <Debug: [Texconvx64.exe] Executing "Z:\home\aidan\SkyrimModdingTools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "Z:\home\aidan\SkyrimModdingTools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\sbt" -flist "C:\users\steamuser\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_5_120_3EF2FBE7B4A3419EBFF4A2B2B9FE3EEC.txt">

Also messing with the texgen ini settings I found that I got consistently further in the process if I disabled mipmap, but that was on for the logs I posted. My ini now with those runs are default.

I know that wine support is not a guarantee, but I am stubborn enough to try to make it work.

Thank you, sorry if I am doing something wrong new to this.

https://paste.ee/p/HmEL5

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Add a line TextureCache=10 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI
If there is still trouble set RenderThreads=1

Upload new logs if problem persists.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

"No PathOutput, set PathOutput="

Remove the = signs from all folder names.

Wow, i'm feeling so stupid right now lol * did remove the spaces but haven't thought about the "=". Works like a charm, a thousand thanks for your help, but furthermore for your mod!

Have a nice day, thanks again :).