DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

11 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Got these images in Skyrim Bruma: https://imgur.com/a/hKopnk5

Logs: https://easyupload.io/3206hl

Also, how do I get my map to look good in Bruma: 3aMFsOP.png

I have read through the log and there's A LOT of problems with missing textures for Bruma. Should I notify mod authors of these errors? If not, how can I fix these myself?

Bruma, see this post and this thread

If you want to generate (tree) LOD for the new worldspace, you will need to edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt and remove/change the line "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm". Just adding an X in front would be enough for it to show in the world selection drop down again.

It is impossible to generate good LOD for new worldspaces/mods that do not include all the data for the worldspace or all the assets.

I doubt telling the mod author(s) is going to change much. It is like this since 4 years. We will simply have to await for the complete release.

I'm struggling to get grass lods to work properly in Alpha 53, going through this checklist:

/DynDOLOD/docs/help/GrassLOD.html

Everything is there but grass LODs look like this now:

ScreenShot504.jpg

Pre alpha 53 they were much more dense and larger and I've not changed any settings since. Only thing done differently is this time I made a grass patch with recalced bounds to generate the cache with.

I noticed the output it generated was MUCH smaller than previously. Down from 3.5GB to 2.3GB

Here are the relevant logs (no bugreport because it generated successfully)

https://pastebin.com/5KB2XDHk DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

https://zerobin.net/?0de4544681019cca#+L7LCTOPN/0GijXuiOXR1ui9ryuAL0RiBVxVDI69dsE=  DynDOLOD_SSE_log

https://zerobin.net/?630745ebab668eb8#/wQ/VKJ0NrwBlNkC+eIjHd8xrK2FCZh0rGr3wJUuRpU= LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log

Edited by Illana

1 hour ago, Illana said:

I'm struggling to get grass lods to work properly in Alpha 53, going through this checklist:

/DynDOLOD/docs/help/GrassLOD.html

Everything is there but grass LODs look like this now:

ScreenShot504.jpg

Pre alpha 53 they were much more dense and larger and I've not changed any settings since. Only thing done differently is this time I made a grass patch with recalced bounds to generate the cache with.

I noticed the output it generated was MUCH smaller than previously. Down from 3.5GB to 2.3GB

Here are the relevant logs (no bugreport because it generated successfully)

https://pastebin.com/5KB2XDHk DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

https://zerobin.net/?0de4544681019cca#+L7LCTOPN/0GijXuiOXR1ui9ryuAL0RiBVxVDI69dsE=  DynDOLOD_SSE_log

https://zerobin.net/?630745ebab668eb8#/wQ/VKJ0NrwBlNkC+eIjHd8xrK2FCZh0rGr3wJUuRpU= LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log

Make sure TexGen is generating grass LOD billboards for grasses by checking its log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TexGen_SSE_log.txt and ..\TexGen Output \textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Make sure TexGen is generating grass LOD billboards for grasses by checking its log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TexGen_SSE_log.txt and ..\TexGen Output \textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt

I see, a lot of the entries in the texgen output file say false at the end. I will continue to look into this, thanks Sheson

Sheson, I'm trying to find info on the useDecalFlag option in the sse configuration file.  I've been looking in the manual for "DynDOLOD_Manual.html#11a" but seem to be too inept to locate it.  I was hoping it might help alleviate some z fighting I've been wrestling with on level0 lod models of heavily-laden snow trees.  Any info is appreciated.

1 hour ago, tnicko said:

Sheson, I'm trying to find info on the useDecalFlag option in the sse configuration file.  I've been looking in the manual for "DynDOLOD_Manual.html#11a" but seem to be too inept to locate it.  I was hoping it might help alleviate some z fighting I've been wrestling with on level0 lod models of heavily-laden snow trees.  Any info is appreciated.

If you set UseDecalFlag=1, then the Shader Flag 1 - Decal + Dynamic_Decal and Shader Flag 2 - No_Fade are kept in the BTOs without requiring the "passthru" identifier. That will cause the shape to be always drawn in front of other shapes in the same vicinity.

Using decals in LOD can  cause decal fade to be short (maybe in Skyrim LE only), that is what the INI settings explained the manual try to prevent.

It probably would be overall better to actually remove the "loosing" surfaces that are supposed to be covered/behind things.

Quick question. I would like to follow this LOD for trees for Enhanced Vanilla Trees.

Recommended DynDOLOD 3 'tree' mesh rules:

• Ultra: LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Level1, LOD16/Level2
  • Performance: LOD4/Billboard4, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard(1) (looks VERY good and may be optimal for many)
  • Optimal: LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard(1)

For an example, for performance: Advance → tree → change the LOD to the desire Billboards. Do I click 'Ok' or is it alright to click on 'Medium'

1 hour ago, Commander97 said:

Quick question. I would like to follow this LOD for trees for Enhanced Vanilla Trees.

• Performance: LOD4/Billboard4, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard(1) (looks VERY good and may be optimal for many)

For an example, for performance: Advance → tree → change the LOD to the desire Billboards. Do I click 'Ok' or is it alright to click on 'Medium'

you should click on any one of the low/medium/high presets to invoke and list the mesh rules. Not sure if low/medium both show a 'tree' rule, but high does. Then double-click on this mesh rule (near bottom) and make the edits corresponding to what you want (otherwise, create it from scratch just before the last rule). Then close that in ckick 'OK' to generate object LOD.

Also be certain to tick 'ultra' for trees in object LOD (unless you prefer traditional LOD trees for some reason, and then none of this applies). The DynDOLOD doc also describes this: ../DynDOLOD/docs/DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

Also see the TexGen doc: ../DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGen.html

1 hour ago, Commander97 said:

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html which explains how enable ultra LOD and how to change the "tree" mesh mask rule in the advanced options.

Double or right click a rule to edit it.

I have what appears to be mountain snow textures being projected in front of trees. Is that a Dyndolod 3 issue or just a limitation of the Skyrim Engine? Is there a fix for this sort of thing?

It's mostly noticable when in front of Bleak Falls Barrow and looking toward the mountain to High Hrothgar.

Here is a picture showing the issue.

https://i.imgur.com/5giyOKx.jpg

Thanks for any help/advice!

Edited by Braxus

2 hours ago, Braxus said:

I have what appears to be mountain snow textures being projected in front of trees. Is that a Dyndolod 3 issue or just a limitation of the Skyrim Engine? Is there a fix for this sort of thing?

It's mostly noticable when in front of Bleak Falls Barrow and looking toward the mountain to High Hrothgar.

Here is a picture showing the issue.

https://i.imgur.com/5giyOKx.jpg

Thanks for any help/advice!

Snow LOD on top of the rocky mountain are material object shaders that are applied in the game. The shader record itself is not changed by DynDOLOD and also does not affect LOD generation  itself. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Never seen that problem. But check in xEdit if a plugin changes 0006AE38 or 00050372. If a NIF is being set it might have the decal flags set in its shader causing this.

If that is not it you need to check if a mod changes the mountain LOD models in ..\Meshes\LOD\Mountains\

21 minutes ago, Copenhagen said:

Could you take a look at these logs? It's been bugging me for a good long while now 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 70.12 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 393.78 kB · 0 downloads

Is this the message you are referring to?

"Error: LOD billboard(s) not found. Check the log for the individual warning messages. Generate LOD billboards with TexGen first."

What part do you need help with? The problem report or the suggested solution?

Read the first post and the included Quickstart.html for requirements and instructions.

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

Is this the message you are referring to?

"Error: LOD billboard(s) not found. Check the log for the individual warning messages. Generate LOD billboards with TexGen first."

What part do you need help with? The problem report or the suggested solution?

Read the first post and the included Quickstart.html for requirements and instructions.

Oh crap, i meant to include the texgen log, not dyndolod log. my b, sorry. 

Here it is

TexGen_SSE_log.txt