DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

RE Post:

I removed "SphereNormals" from aspen strings to test if Alpha 48 treated the face normals properly (changelog for that version implies), but found that the aspen 3D LOD are still too dark. Using the "Crown SphereNormals" string still works fine, but I wanted to report this in case you had attempted to address in the Alpha 48 update. I tested using Alpha 53.

I haven't added that. The best option is still to make sure the UV is between 0.0 and 1.0.

8 hours ago, SamusArtorias said:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Can not find file textures\lod\sbardscollegetower.dds.

[Content]
Make sure to install the latest/matching DynDOLOD Resources SE archive, that it downloaded/installed completely andt that all the required Core Files have been installed.

Help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

The texture files are there though.

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

Click the Help for this message link if it exists on the message pop-up as explained in the first post for further explanations and tips:
"DynDOLOD checks if the Core Files have been installed and are the correct version. Install the latest matching version of DynDOLOD Resources or DynDOLOD Standalone as suggested."

DynDOLOD Standalone is outdated or you did not install it into a new and empty folder as explained in the install instructions.

17 hours ago, SamusArtorias said:

Ok so i waited and i am not getting any help, just a response that does not help and i gave information that is needed. Please respond back i need help.

I wasn't aware you paid for 24 hour immediate support and that I was supposed to stay on call and wasn't supposed to go to bed while you read the help page or upload the requested log files - which you never did...

16 hours ago, SamusArtorias said:

Nvm i found the problem it was dyndolod 3 for some unknown reason it did not want to read the resources and i deleted dyndolod 3 and downloaded it again and now it works. 

The reason was using an outdated DynDOLOD Standalone with newer DynDOLOD Resources.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:35 AM, sheson said:

A form ID of FE00003C is an invalid object ID since it is is not in the allowed range between 0x800 and 0xFFF for light plugins (ESL). See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LightPlugin.html

No plugin but Skyrim.esm shoud have form IDs < 0x800

All form IDs under 0x800 regardless of their plugin load order ID are always mapped to Skyrim.esm/exe and always mean the same records.

If you believe there is a problem with how xEdit loads plugins or reports such errors, make a report on its github or Discord.

So based on that, I think it's a problem in xEdit, which IIRC is what I used to compact the form IDs for that mod. I ended up doing a complete rebuild about this same time, and have since only been using CK to do ID compaction. Haven't had the problem since.

2 hours ago, narphous said:

So based on that, I think it's a problem in xEdit, which IIRC is what I used to compact the form IDs for that mod. I ended up doing a complete rebuild about this same time, and have since only been using CK to do ID compaction. Haven't had the problem since.

If you believe there is a problem with xEdit, make a report on its github or Discord.

It seems unlikely that xEdit has such an error considering that it is the xEdit loader that reports the error and that it is used by many people constantly.

Maybe there is a rare condition where a check fails.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, sheson said:

The second about IO error hints at file access problem. Either because of OS, UAC, anti vir or maybe the export or log file is being blocked by another (hidden) instance.

The latter can usually be cleared by a reboot. Then start DynDOLOD in expert mode by setting expert=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, select a worldspace and click Execute LODGen to see if it works then.

Otherwise add exceptions to OS, UAC, antivir etc.

Besides the executables (DynDOLOD.exe, LODGen.exe, TexGen.exe, and texconv.exe, as well as the 64 bit versions), there must be something else I am missing when it comes to permissions: I've given exceptions to all of the aforementioned via everything I know can do this, plus rebooted the computer, and still I am encountering the same error.

4 hours ago, BrassDancer said:

Besides the executables (DynDOLOD.exe, LODGen.exe, TexGen.exe, and texconv.exe, as well as the 64 bit versions), there must be something else I am missing when it comes to permissions: I've given exceptions to all of the aforementioned via everything I know can do this, plus rebooted the computer, and still I am encountering the same error.

The only solution I've found is to turn off windows security real time protection while I generate textures and dyndolod.  This only started being an issue for me in the last couple of months.  This is even with everything installed outside of the usual protected folders.

8 hours ago, BrassDancer said:

What Windows version are you using? There might be a problem with the Windows Management Interface (WMI). Use google to find explanations how to check it and in case it has issue how to repair it for your Windows version.

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Got these images in Skyrim Bruma: https://imgur.com/a/hKopnk5

Logs: https://easyupload.io/3206hl

Also, how do I get my map to look good in Bruma: 3aMFsOP.png

I have read through the log and there's A LOT of problems with missing textures for Bruma. Should I notify mod authors of these errors? If not, how can I fix these myself?

Check out A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds. It uses DynDOLOD to make very nice maps and includes the needed mesh rules so that you don't need to. You can use them as examples to help with improvement of Bruma map. Of course, you still need textures.

Add in Atlas Map Markers for more points of interest

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Check out A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds. It uses DynDOLOD to make very nice maps and includes the needed mesh rules so that you don't need to. You can use them as examples to help with improvement of Bruma map. Of course, you still need textures.

Add in Atlas Map Markers for more points of interest

the problem is that I already used both of those. https://modwat.ch/u/mattski123

Edited by mattski123