DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

21 minutes ago, RockGodOne said:

I'm only going on what he said he did and he supplied a picture of the result and since everything on my end should be working, I don't think there is anything obvious about it. I have the Ultra option checked as seen in the picture and even when I selected "level0" for LOD4, I still got "+" shaped LODs. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The A Little Tree Mod - DynDOLOD 3 - addon mod on the Nexus supplies the 3D LOD models. I have it installed and enabled right underneath the main file for A Little Tree Mod, which is also enabled.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html, which explains that while the LOD is generated the log will print a detailed report for each tree into ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_Tree_Report.txt.

That report tells you which LOD assets were found and used for each tree and LOD level.

35 minutes ago, RockGodOne said:

I'm only going on what he said he did and he supplied a picture of the result and since everything on my end should be working, I don't think there is anything obvious about it. I have the Ultra option checked as seen in the picture and even when I selected "level0" for LOD4, I still got "+" shaped LODs. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The A Little Tree Mod - DynDOLOD 3 - addon mod on the Nexus supplies the 3D LOD models. I have it installed and enabled right underneath the main file for A Little Tree Mod, which is also enabled.

If you set Level0 for LOD4 of LTM DynDOLOD Add-On mod, you will not get billboards in LOD4.

Also be sure to run TexGen first ... and hide/remove any billboards shipping with LTM. They are not needed with the Add-On if you are using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha and can override TexGen assets, which are required for DynDOLOD to honor your tree rule. Be certain to install TexGen output as a mod (enable this BEFORE running DynDOLOD) one priority less than DynDOLOD 3 output, both at the highest priority in your installed mods. Sort with LOOT. Check 'winning' assets using MO conflict management if necessary. It really is pretty straight forward.

I think you may be getting LTM billboards due to problems with asset prioritization.

On 9/22/2021 at 1:42 PM, sheson said:

Read the DynDOLOD manual how to generate LOD for Open Cities in two passes. First pass without it for object and tree LOD. Second part with it for dynamic LOD.

If help is required to solve the cause of errors, provide necessary information and ask for help how to solve them.

I looked for this issue and could not find anything, sorry if this has been answered already.

The two pass method always worked for me with DynDOLOD versions 2.x

With 3.0 on the second pass with open cities active in the load order, i get an error:

Found Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Remove it temporarily from the load order

The only option is Exit DynDOLOD.

Per the manual, I did not alter anything in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini for open cities.

My DynDOLOD_SSE.ini contains:

;
; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!
;
; Parent world name
[Skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=Open Cities Skyrim.esp

But it seems the plugin is not being ignored. I don't know what other information or files to attach here, but I will if needed.

Thanks for any help or advice

2 hours ago, Javelin_- said:

I looked for this issue and could not find anything, sorry if this has been answered already.

The two pass method always worked for me with DynDOLOD versions 2.x

With 3.0 on the second pass with open cities active in the load order, i get an error:

Found Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Remove it temporarily from the load order

The only option is Exit DynDOLOD.

Per the manual, I did not alter anything in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini for open cities.

My DynDOLOD_SSE.ini contains:

;
; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!
;
; Parent world name
[Skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=Open Cities Skyrim.esp

But it seems the plugin is not being ignored. I don't know what other information or files to attach here, but I will if needed.

Thanks for any help or advice

Click he Help for this message link to open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\OpenCities.html as explained in the first post.

The instructions in DynDOLOD_Manual.html or OpenCities.html explain which setting in the INI needs to be edited. Follow the instructions.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Click he Help for this message link to open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\OpenCities.html as explained in the first post.

The instructions in DynDOLOD_Manual.html or OpenCities.html explain which setting in the INI needs to be edited. Follow the instructions.

Thank you very much for the quick reply and for pointing me to the correct help doc. Just wanted to note that this particular error message box from DynDOLOD does not have a "Help for this message" link. The available links are "DynDOLOD FAQ" | "Support Forum" | "Copy message to Clipboard" . 

Really appreciate the work you've done on DynDOLOD, it really is an incredible tool; cheers!

17 minutes ago, Javelin_- said:

Thank you very much for the quick reply and for pointing me to the correct help doc. Just wanted to note that this particular error message box from DynDOLOD does not have a "Help for this message" link. The available links are "DynDOLOD FAQ" | "Support Forum" | "Copy message to Clipboard" . 

Really appreciate the work you've done on DynDOLOD, it really is an incredible tool; cheers!

It should have had the link. Thanks for reporting that bug.

I keep getting this error while trying to generate LOD... I've removed and reinstalled the mod in question but the problem persists.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: No base record for RodryksDragonBridge.esp [REFR:0100183E] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DragonBridgeExterior04 [CELL:0000934A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -26,19))

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

3 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

I keep getting this error while trying to generate LOD... I've removed and reinstalled the mod in question but the problem persists.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: No base record for RodryksDragonBridge.esp [REFR:0100183E] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DragonBridgeExterior04 [CELL:0000934A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -26,19))

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

Read the first post what log files to include when making posts.

Reinstalling a plugin typically does not change its content.

Always use the latest version.

If you look up the mentioned record 0100183E in xEdit you see that the plugin deleted the reference. The plugin should be cleaned.

For the life of me, I thought DynDOLOD's alpha also handled terrain LOD's. Actually, I thought DynDOLOD and xLodGen were basically the same thing, just done by different authors. So I can be a bit slow on the uptake, but I finally looked the latter up and saw that not only is it the same author, but one does terrain LOD's and one does trees/object LOD's. So I'm assuming that we basically need to run BOTH if we want the best VISUAL experience, correct? Sorry for asking. I just finally have a video card that can handle everything I can throw at it so far and I've gone a bit over the edge on downloading stuff. And xLodGen looks like it can generate a bunch of the LODs I seem to be downloading individual mod LODs for. I feel stupid for never even having bothered looking it up in the first place. But if I add it to my basic "routine" (along with DynDOLOD, Nemesis, etc) before playing I wouldn't need mods like Terrain LOD Redone, right?

17 minutes ago, skinjack said:

For the life of me, I thought DynDOLOD's alpha also handled terrain LOD's. Actually, I thought DynDOLOD and xLodGen were basically the same thing, just done by different authors. So I can be a bit slow on the uptake, but I finally looked the latter up and saw that not only is it the same author, but one does terrain LOD's and one does trees/object LOD's. So I'm assuming that we basically need to run BOTH if we want the best VISUAL experience, correct? Sorry for asking. I just finally have a video card that can handle everything I can throw at it so far and I've gone a bit over the edge on downloading stuff. And xLodGen looks like it can generate a bunch of the LODs I seem to be downloading individual mod LODs for. I feel stupid for never even having bothered looking it up in the first place. But if I add it to my basic "routine" (along with DynDOLOD, Nemesis, etc) before playing I wouldn't need mods like Terrain LOD Redone, right?

Read the first post which explains what the DynDOLOD 3 alpha is and what is expected of people participating it.

Read the first post of xLODGen terrain LOD beta:
"Obviously, users of Skryim/Enderal/Skyrim SE/Skyrim VR/EnderalSE continue to use the easier and more comprehensive DynDOLOD for drastically improved object and tree LOD generation and only use xLODGen for terrain LOD (and maybe Occlusion) generation."
The post explains the basics for generating terrain LOD. Also read Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt included in the download archive.

Read What is DynDOLOD:
"DynDOLOD is the advanced and easier version of xLODGen to generate a comprehensive LOD mod for the entire load order for much improved tree and object LOD for the different Skyrim and Enderal versions."
Check ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html "Terminology" and/or 
..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html

Read Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data:

1. Finalize load order
  2. use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes [and textures]
  3. use TexGen/DynDOLOD to generate drastically improved object and tree LOD (uses terrain LOD meshes for object LOD optimization)
  4. use xLODGen to create Occlusion.esp (uses object LOD meshes to determine max height samples)

If you are using DynDOLOD 3 alpha, then obviously Occlusion.esp can generated in step 3. already now.

The terrain LOD textures included in Terrain LOD Redone were done with xLODGen. Pre-made LOD only works and looks correctly for the load order it was generated for.

Thanks. I was reading a few more posts on it as you responded. I will give this a try, since most (if not all) of my cities/towns/villages have mods changing them and I'm sure a multitude of the mods I use alters the terrain somewhat. Its just something else I need to add to my routine.

Thank you for the work you put into these tools. I'm sure it is difficult keeping them updated while answering inane questions from people like me. Enjoy your Sunday.

58 minutes ago, SamusArtorias said:

Hello im having a weird error where dyndolod 3 doesn't read dyndolod resources 3, it does not read the sbardscollegetowerlod.dds and sbardscollegetowerlod_n.dds but they are there inside the dyndolod resource folder....i don't know why this is happening.

Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.

Read the first post which explains to copy and paste the error message.

Click the Help for this message link if it exists on the message pop-up as explained in the first post for further explanations and tips.

Nobody has a clue what a "weird error" is...

The program uses standard OS functions to read files from disk. If the function returns a file not found error, it is because the file is not found or because file access is blocked by the OS, UAC or anitvir. In the latter case, there is really nothing a program can do about it (without trying to circumvent OS security - which then would make such a program malicious)

On 10/12/2021 at 12:13 AM, sheson said:

That is fantastic. Good to know this works. I may add that it's done automatically for the cases where "crown" needs the face normal spell.

RE Post:

I removed "SphereNormals" from aspen strings to test if Alpha 48 treated the face normals properly (changelog for that version implies), but found that the aspen 3D LOD are still too dark. Using the "Crown SphereNormals" string still works fine, but I wanted to report this in case you had attempted to address in the Alpha 48 update. I tested using Alpha 53.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Can not find file textures\lod\sbardscollegetower.dds.

[Content]
Make sure to install the latest/matching DynDOLOD Resources SE archive, that it downloaded/installed completely andt that all the required Core Files have been installed.

Help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

The texture files are there though.