DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Another query for you, Sheson: Can you think of a reason why I wouldn't get the warning when generating with the same settings on my laptop, even when the nifs/files are exactly the same?  Could generating with much reduced settings cause this texture to be overlooked or not needed?

Thanks again to you and also to Z for all the help and info!

28 minutes ago, tnicko said:

Another query for you, Sheson: Can you think of a reason why I wouldn't get the warning when generating with the same settings on my laptop, even when the nifs/files are exactly the same?  Could generating with much reduced settings cause this texture to be overlooked or not needed?

Thanks again to you and also to Z for all the help and info!

Settings do not change which NIF is defined by a base record or which textures paths are set in them.

If you want to know what is different, check the same NIF with NifSkope. If it shows the same incomplete path, check the mentioned base record 000EF5A4 in xEdti actually defines the same NIF.

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

Settings do not change which NIF is defined by a base record or which textures paths are set in them.

If you want to know what is different, check the same NIF with NifSkope. If it shows the same incomplete path, check the mentioned base record 000EF5A4 in xEdti actually defines the same NIF.

If tree mesh rule was set to Billboard for all levels, wouldn't that explain why the same error wouldn't appear?

Ok, now getting a very similar error in the same place using Myrkvior.  However this nif that it points to doesn't have any "textures\" only fields as the one from EVT did.*

<Warning: File not found textures\. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\sfotreepineforest04.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreePineForest04 [TREE:0004FBB0]>

SSE Logs/Debug files

https://ufile.io/f/ys7qk

Edit...wrong nif posted...will be back...

*Edit 2...AH HA!  It does have a "textures\" blank field!  I  would guess with all the testing these mods go through it's never been a visible in game issue? 

Screenshot 2021-10-21 094708.png

Edited by tnicko
strikethrough wrong info and correct myself.

26 minutes ago, tnicko said:

Ok, now getting a very similar error in the same place using Myrkvior.  However this nif that it points to doesn't have any "textures\" only fields as the one from EVT did.*

<Warning: File not found textures\. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\sfotreepineforest04.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp TreePineForest04 [TREE:0004FBB0]>

SSE Logs/Debug files

https://ufile.io/f/ys7qk

Edit...wrong nif posted...will be back...

*Edit 2...AH HA!  It does have a "textures\" blank field!  I  would guess with all the testing these mods go through it's never been a visible in game issue? 

Screenshot 2021-10-21 094708.png

The  mentioned was NIF is parsed for textures. If a texture-set entry does not have an empty string it is checked if it can be found in the load order. If it doesn't, the found string is printed as file not found.

Really. No magic. No randomess about it. It is as simple and straight forward as that. As I mentioned before it could be an invisible character.

Edit: The texture missing can mean the visuals are not what were intended. In case  the shader settings (soft or rim light) expect a third texture. Otherwise it is just harmless.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

The  mentioned was NIF is parsed for textures. If a texture-set entry does not have an empty string it is checked if it can be found in the load order. If it doesn't, the found string is printed as file not found.

Really. No magic. No randomess about it. It is as simple and straight forward as that.

Makes sense that it would inform you of any issues found, I was just imagining that it probably isn't a visually noticeable thing if some folks hadn't picked it up in testing their mods yet. 

19 minutes ago, tnicko said:

Makes sense that it would inform you of any issues found, I was just imagining that it probably isn't a visually noticeable thing if some folks hadn't picked it up in testing their mods yet. 

It's just a warning message that the texture wasn't found. In the case of an invalid texture path for a texture that doesn't apply (should be a blank path), then the warning can be ignored by the user. The mod author should still correct it. In the case of these errors, it's the mod author of the tree mod that should fix the paths in the base models. Then the LOD models also would need to be updated.

For your Myrkvior warning, are you using kojak747's LOD models or the add-on DynDOLOD 3 LOD models?

21 minutes ago, z929669 said:

For your Myrkvior warning, are you using kojak747's LOD models or the add-on DynDOLOD 3 LOD models?

The Dyndolod 3 ones from the StepModifications uploader, not Kojak747's

Edit- and this may be dumb or go without saying, but the model nif missing the path is from Kojak747's original mod not the lod (again probably obvious).

Edited by tnicko

37 minutes ago, tnicko said:

The Dyndolod 3 ones from the StepModifications uploader, not Kojak747's

Edit- and this may be dumb or go without saying, but the model nif missing the path is from Kojak747's original mod not the lod (again probably obvious).

Thanks. I will ask kojak to fix that tree and check for others

So I am getting the LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds error at present.  I have checked the individual logs for each worldspace that were generated and all were (almost) empty and identical, containing no useful information at all.

Here are the relevant logs (compressed as a .zip because I was having difficulty uploading them separately).  I included just one of the LODGen worldspace logs to illustrate what I mean above.  My guess is that the failure is something to do with generating occlusion as that's consistently where I encounter problems, but after following the directions in the funtastic manual I am still at a loss.

To everyone trying to run DynDOLOD and xLODGen on Linux using proton, as the alpha 53 does not seem to work (at least for me), you can use it to patch the beta versions - xLODGen beta 84 and DynDOLOD Standalone 2.96. Just copy and replace the following files from the alpha 53 to each of the beta tools:

• Edit Scripts/7z.dll
  • Edit Scripts/7z64.dll
  • Edit Scripts/LODGen.exe
  • Edit Scripts/LODGenx64.exe
  • Edit Scripts/Texconv.exe
  • Edit Scripts/Texconvx64.exe

I tested xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD, works perfectly now on Linux! :)

Edited by coajaxial
Typo

I was generating Dyndolod and I got this error:

> [20:43] [ArnimaVoid] Generating object LOD
> [20:43] Creating G:\Games\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD 3.00-32382-Alpha-53-1634812868\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\eyebrownbloodshotlod.dds
> [20:47] Item not found
> Item not found
> Error: Item not found.

The error message popup told me to report it here, I have no idea what this eye lod is. Sorry if I made any mistakes in my post, this is my first time posting on this website

Check my trees out: https://imgur.com/a/H6CuB1N & https://i.imgur.com/jgXOdnu.png

Ran a brand new texgen & dyndolod one. https://modwat.ch/u/mattski123

Didn't run into any errors while runnign either (except the gray cowl one which I usually have to ignore).

Here's the log files: https://we.tl/t-catl6ZdMDb

I am also using the same 64x .exe which you provided me to stop the errors from occuring. Lemme know what to do next :)

Edited by mattski123