DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

The debug log shows that these rules are being used for the ones you listed:

[00:11] <Debug: 299    fxwaterfallbody None Level1 Level2 Level2 FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 300    dlc2cliffbasalt Level0 Level1 Level1 Full FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 295    dlc2dwecluttercolmlarge01 Full None None Full FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 296    dlc2dwe Level0 Level1 Level1 Full FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 301    redorantemple01 Level0 Level1 Level1 Level0 FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 302    windhelmbridge Level0 Level1 Level2 Level0 None Unchanged>

This seems to match the rules loaded for the maps tweaks plugin.
Does that not match what is automatically saved to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini?

If a rule gets replaced by a rule file that is loaded afterwards, consider using a slightly different mesh mask. For example, instead of fxwaterfallbody use \fxwaterfallbody or fxwaterfallbodyslope and fxwaterfallbodytall or just waterfallbody etc., instead of dlc2cliffbasalt use \dlc2cliffbasalt. If those rules are loaded before the other ones they will match first and be used.

I'm still having some issues with LOD Mipmap alphas and Skyrim 3D trees.

In the vanilla mod, there are a total of 16 trees I'm aware of which have crown transparency issues with DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 44 generation. These are as follows:

• S3DTrees_DLC1TreeWinterAspenSnow01.nif
  • S3DTrees_TreePineForestAsh01 - 05.nifs
  • S3DTrees_TreePineForestAshL01 - 05.nifs
  • S3DTrees_TreePineForestDeadAshL01 - 05.nifs

Here's an example of what that looks like. I have omitted the trunks for the purposes of testing in this instance.

image.thumb.png.5cc02d1b7508534d8a46384ad4f1ef0c.png

These tree's and their respective LODs point to the same texture, the original one from the mod. So unlike before there's no texture replacement done on my end. The NiAlphaProperty value for all the crowns of these trees is '16'.

Since I've noticed the issues, I've also tested resaving the textures and regenerating mipmaps with the Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter PS plugins with various kaiser and box mipmap generation techniques and cutout alphas then regenerating DynDOLOD from those. I do recall however that you said that DynDOLOD generates it's mipmapped textures. Is there something I'm missing here or is this infact a bug?

Debug Log Link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/610980524818694191/890219634308022272/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

1 hour ago, AiElias said:

I'm still having some issues with LOD Mipmap alphas and Skyrim 3D trees.

In the vanilla mod, there are a total of 16 trees I'm aware of which have crown transparency issues with DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 44 generation. These are as follows:

• S3DTrees_DLC1TreeWinterAspenSnow01.nif
  • S3DTrees_TreePineForestAsh01 - 05.nifs
  • S3DTrees_TreePineForestAshL01 - 05.nifs
  • S3DTrees_TreePineForestDeadAshL01 - 05.nifs

Here's an example of what that looks like. I have omitted the trunks for the purposes of testing in this instance.

image.thumb.png.5cc02d1b7508534d8a46384ad4f1ef0c.png

These tree's and their respective LODs point to the same texture, the original one from the mod. So unlike before there's no texture replacement done on my end. The NiAlphaProperty value for all the crowns of these trees is '16'.

Since I've noticed the issues, I've also tested resaving the textures and regenerating mipmaps with the Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter PS plugins with various kaiser and box mipmap generation techniques and cutout alphas then regenerating DynDOLOD from those. I do recall however that you said that DynDOLOD generates it's mipmapped textures. Is there something I'm missing here or is this infact a bug?

Debug Log Link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/610980524818694191/890219634308022272/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 38.84 kB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD adjusts the alpha threshold and mipmaps when adding textures to the tree or object LOD atlas.

LOD has a fixed alpha threshold of 128.

If a LOD model is added to an object LOD mesh and it uses a source texture directly instead of the texture atlas for whatever reason, then in fact it uses that unmodified source texture in all its glory with the  fixed alpha threshold of 128.

Dear sheson,

Don't shoot me but,

I was wondering as a simple citizen of mod use, could we the user have the option to proceed through errors picked up by this incredible DynDOLOD program ?

Its complex and looks for precise requirements by which its become incredibly picky in its procedure and seems some mods will not work though it's tough generation of LOD.

If we could be notified of the issue(s) but given the choice to accept abnormalities and proceed this would help immensely to the average user.

Edited by Jayombi

26 minutes ago, Jayombi said:

Dear sheson,

Don't shoot me but,

I was wondering as a simple citizen of mod use, could we the user have the option to proceed through errors picked up by this incredible DynDOLOD program ?

Its complex and looks for precise requirements by which its become incredibly picky in its procedure and seems some mods will not work though it's tough generation of LOD.

If we could be notified of the issue(s) but given the choice to accept abnormalities and proceed this would help immensely to the average user.

Stop errors stop the process because LOD generation can not be successfully completed.
Errors are problems that need to be fixed.
Warnings are problems that should be fixed.

No information was provided. So it is unclear what error message or problem is talked about. Read the first post.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

The debug log shows that these rules are being used for the ones you listed:

[00:11] <Debug: 299    fxwaterfallbody None Level1 Level2 Level2 FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 300    dlc2cliffbasalt Level0 Level1 Level1 Full FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 295    dlc2dwecluttercolmlarge01 Full None None Full FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 296    dlc2dwe Level0 Level1 Level1 Full FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 301    redorantemple01 Level0 Level1 Level1 Level0 FarLOD Unchanged>
[00:11] <Debug: 302    windhelmbridge Level0 Level1 Level2 Level0 None Unchanged>

This seems to match the rules loaded for the maps tweaks plugin.
Does that not match what is automatically saved to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini?

If a rule gets replaced by a rule file that is loaded afterwards, consider using a slightly different mesh mask. For example, instead of fxwaterfallbody use \fxwaterfallbody or fxwaterfallbodyslope and fxwaterfallbodytall or just waterfallbody etc., instead of dlc2cliffbasalt use \dlc2cliffbasalt. If those rules are loaded before the other ones they will match first and be used.

I manually changed them before I hit start. I can alter the mesh mask slightly. 

6 hours ago, Unilythe said:

Never mind, I got it. Writing this all down was a rubber duck experience for me I suppose. I need to fix the object bounds by recalculating it in the creation kit. Lots of Verdant grasses have 0's on all the object bound values, so I guess that causes these issues. First I'm going to test setting MinGrassModelVolume=0 and MinGrassModelHeight=0 to see if that indeed fixes the problem.

Alright, I suppose this is a known thing already, but indeed Verdant doesn't play nice with DynDOLOD 3's grass LOD's because of the missing object bounds, as was implied about many grass mods in the first post.

Now that I have working grass LOD the result is amazing. It's a shame that both my weather mods and ENB cause my grass to change color quite significantly compared to the LOD, but I read this is a known thing as well. It is what it is. I suppose it's a choice between grass LOD and weather mods/ENB for now.

Edited by Unilythe

2 hours ago, Unilythe said:

Alright, I suppose this is a known thing already, but indeed Verdant doesn't play nice with DynDOLOD 3's grass LOD's because of the missing object bounds, as was implied about many grass mods in the first post.

Now that I have working grass LOD the result is amazing. It's a shame that both my weather mods and ENB cause my grass to change color quite significantly compared to the LOD, but I read this is a known thing as well. It is what it is. I suppose it's a choice between grass LOD and weather mods/ENB for now.

You can adjust the grass lighting in TexGen for overall brightness of grass billboards specifically. I have found that setting ambient from default 160 to 145 works well with ENB (depends on ENB settings).

Even better is to ALSO adjust the grass lighting by channel for upper/lower in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. Increase red and decrease blue for upper, and subtract at least 0.010 from all of them. For lower, decrease red a bit and also subtract about 0.010 from all three. Then regen. You will find that this looks much better. Weather can still potentially cause minor issues with matching, but playing with these settings resolves it almost completely.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD adjusts the alpha threshold and mipmaps when adding textures to the tree or object LOD atlas.

LOD has a fixed alpha threshold of 128.

If a LOD model is added to an object LOD mesh and it uses a source texture directly instead of the texture atlas for whatever reason, then in fact it uses that unmodified source texture in all its glory with the  fixed alpha threshold of 128.

Ok so because these are Hybrid LODs am I correct in my understanding that they use the full texture for their crowns rather than an Atlas?

If so, how do I go about resolving this in the textures so that the Hybrids lods blend into the Billboard lods?

On 9/15/2021 at 11:02 PM, Arrocito said:

Hey, I keep getting this error while trying to run texgen and the only time I can fully run it is will a vanilla setup otherwise I keep getting this error. Hopeing it s a simple fix but Ive never had this issue in the past.

I get a "Can not copy resource from textures\ect. to the output folder, the system cannot find the path specified"

Any help would be appreciated.

TexGen_SSE_log.rar 26.73 kB · 4 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar 59.28 kB · 2 downloads

I'm sure you have the same problem as mine, which I've asked in the few pages before. You probably missing the required necessary plugins. Could be nice to know what is the "etc" in your error.

Here is the answer from @sheson

On 9/13/2021 at 4:27 AM, sheson said:

If you want to continue an existing save game, make sure the update is possible.

In any case, if the texture exists at the path it will be found. So i an update is not possible, you can copy any other texture to that path/filename. It won't be really used for LOD since the older version do have the new farmhouses that require that texture.

Also, in my case, it was due to Beyond Reach is outdated, so I updated it and the mesh has been updated, so the issue went away.

P/s: Today due to some mods, I had to re-run DynDOLOD again, and I STRONGLY recommended to completely disable OpenCities and ALL the related patches, as well as clean all the plugins with SSEdit. Otherwise, I got many different errors which I honestly have no idea how to resolve. 

Edited by Tung
update answer

4 hours ago, Unilythe said:

Try disabling or tuning down image based lighting settings in ENB.

2 hours ago, AiElias said:

Ok so because these are Hybrid LODs am I correct in my understanding that they use the full texture for their crowns rather than an Atlas?

If so, how do I go about resolving this in the textures so that the Hybrids lods blend into the Billboard lods?

Typically the reason why a shape does not use the texture atlas is because its UV is outside of 0.0 and 1.0.

There is no blending between LOD models, LOD Levels or LOD assets types.

42 minutes ago, Tung said:

P/s: Today due to some mods, I had to re-run DynDOLOD again, and I STRONGLY recommended to completely disable OpenCities and ALL the related patches, as well as clean all the plugins with SSEdit. Otherwise, I got many different errors which I honestly have no idea how to resolve. 

Read the DynDOLOD manual how to generate LOD for Open Cities in two passes. First pass without it for object and tree LOD. Second part with it for dynamic LOD.

If help is required to solve the cause of errors, provide necessary information and ask for help how to solve them.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

Try disabling or tuning down image based lighting settings in ENB.

Jup, that fixed biggest part of the color shift caused by ENB, although it also removed most of the ENB effects. Vivid weathers also changes the grass color quite a bit, apparently. I'm just going to play with grass LODs like this for a while and see if I notice it enough to be bothersome.

23 hours ago, sheson said:

Stop errors stop the process because LOD generation can not be successfully completed.
Errors are problems that need to be fixed.
Warnings are problems that should be fixed.

No information was provided. So it is unclear what error message or problem is talked about. Read the first post.

Dear sheson,

Included Logs https://ufile.io/f/pjvxe

Skyrim VR

TexGenX64

DynDOLODX64

All I am trying to compile the following.

Screenshot-1.png

First run errors will point to People Of Skyrim (tpos_complete02_RTCWG.esp) then abort.

If I disable People of Skyrim then re-compile it will error name Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch then abort...

If I disable that and re-compile it will Error on DawnGuard then abort. This is DynDOLOD only that ERRORS not TexGen that's fine.

I have even XEDIT and cleaned all the above MODS ( even though I didn't have to do any of that ever before). I tried all manor of options OFF/ON - LOW MEDIUM and HIGH and adjusting mod order and I use LOOT.

If I done something my end to affect LOD generation to error like this I really do not know (hoping its that simple solution).

I been trying to figure it out since last Sunday, I love to hear off other VR users using Version 3 and hearing there experiences..

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Jayombi

40 minutes ago, Jayombi said:

Dear sheson,

Included Logs https://ufile.io/f/pjvxe

Skyrim VR

TexGenX64

DynDOLODX64

All I am trying to compile the following.

Screenshot-1.png

First run errors will point to People Of Skyrim (tpos_complete02_RTCWG.esp) then abort.

If I disable People of Skyrim then re-compile it will error name Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch then abort...

If I disable that and re-compile it will Error on DawnGuard then abort. This is DynDOLOD only that ERRORS not TexGen that's fine.

I have even XEDIT and cleaned all the above MODS ( even though I didn't have to do any of that ever before). I tried all manor of options OFF/ON - LOW MEDIUM and HIGH and adjusting mod order and I use LOOT.

If I done something my end to affect LOD generation to error like this I really do not know (hoping its that simple solution).

I been trying to figure it out since last Sunday, I love to hear off other VR users using Version 3 and hearing there experiences..

Thanks for reading. 

Use modwat.ch instead of posting screenshots of load orders.

Installing mods made for a different game version and hoping for the best is not going to work. Either install versions made for the game version you are using or install/create the required patches to make it compatible. I suggest to follow a basic modding guide, also to learn about these  basic modding requirements.

The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch is not compatible with other game versions than Skyrim Special Edition, obviously.
It requires a patch like Skyrim VR - USSEP 4.2.2 and SSE 1.5.97 Compatibility Patch for example.

With Skyrim VR patched with  SSE updates, most plugins and mods made for Skyrim Special Edition should work fine/better and not have unresolved errors anymore related to Skyrim Special Edition updates.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, sheson said:

No idea where you got that mega URL from. Use the links from the first post.

I just mean holy cow doesn't work for me when I use MO2. Seems to be a dead link to it. I've downloaded dyndolod to import it within MO2 manually as usual but suddenly decided to worship the cow. But MO2 said the link to the cow is dead if I try! What can I do? Did I try to take a joke serious naivly thinking of freedom of religions?