DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

On 8/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, CrunchyApple said:

I'm having this error

Can not find file meshes\bsmorrowind\daedric\rtmstatueazura_lod.nif.
Make sure the DynDOLOD Resources SE archive downloaded completely and all the required Core Files have been installed.

I have redownloaded the files several times, but the error still comes. This error didn't occur when I had the normal resources (not the 3.0)

Can I get some help?

For unknown reason I'm getting this error as well when starting DynDOLOD, excluding the executable or the folders from anti-virus softwares aren't working anymore. 

I'm using the latest version of DynDOLOD 3.0 (Alpha 39) and the latest Resource for 3.0 (Alpha 11). 

31 minutes ago, BATHALA_ said:

For unknown reason I'm getting this error as well when starting DynDOLOD, excluding the executable or the folders from anti-virus softwares aren't working anymore. 

I'm using the latest version of DynDOLOD 3.0 (Alpha 39) and the latest Resource for 3.0 (Alpha 11). 

Click the Help for this message link as explained in the first post to open and read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Resources.html

Copy and paste the entire error message as explained in the first post.

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

You are most likely starting an outdated DynDOLOD 3 Alpha Standalone version/installation with the latest DynDOLOD Resource SE 3 Alpha 11.

Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.

5 hours ago, maxis123 said:

Sheson, can I ask for a link to an earlier alpha Dyndolod 3.0 (30-37), since on this version the generation of Lods on my PC is not possible

Read the first post what DynDOLOD 3 alpha is and what to do in case of problems. Same philosophy since years actually, problems are troubleshooted and fixed.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, sheson said:

Really odd. The DLC01SoulCairnx-005y-003.cgid file contains data from a terrain LOD *.BTR mesh.

Delete the file DLC01SoulCairnx-005y-003.cgid.
NGIO should recreate it if you use
cow DLC01SoulCairn -5 -3
from main menu console. With the updated file DynDOLOD/LODGen should run through.

I was able to get it to work after regenerating the entire grass cache. 

As far as where the .BTR might have gotten into the .CGID file, I did have some flat paper map mods installed at the time I generated the original grass cache, and one of those mods covered the soul cairn. Since these mods include their own .BTR files, it's possible that a map-mod file got used when generating the .CGID file. 

This time around, I disabled all of the paper map mods while generating the grass cache, Texgen, and Dyndolod. Whether disabling them was what enabled it to work this time or it was just a coincidence, I don't know. 

I hope this info is useful, and thanks for the assistance. 

7 hours ago, KLWaster said:

I was able to get it to work after regenerating the entire grass cache. 

As far as where the .BTR might have gotten into the .CGID file, I did have some flat paper map mods installed at the time I generated the original grass cache, and one of those mods covered the soul cairn. Since these mods include their own .BTR files, it's possible that a map-mod file got used when generating the .CGID file. 

This time around, I disabled all of the paper map mods while generating the grass cache, Texgen, and Dyndolod. Whether disabling them was what enabled it to work this time or it was just a coincidence, I don't know. 

I hope this info is useful, and thanks for the assistance. 

I could imagine such stuff could only happening when something crashes while files are written.

Hi Sheson, perhaps a silly question but Im currently trying out three different meshrules in order to determine what works best for my setup and I was wondering: 

Since I now have successfully generated three different "Dyndolod-output.zip-files" (zip1= "LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard1" /  zip2= "LOD4/Billboard4, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard1" / zip3= " LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard2, LOD16/Billboard2") I guess I don't have to do a "clean save/install" if I would like to test and compare these quickly? It should be enough with removing the old zip (1) for the new one (2) in my modorganizer (since they are based/generated on the exact same meshes/textures/skse/Texgen)?

Edited by TheDude

47 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Hi Sheson, perhaps a silly question but Im currently trying out three different meshrules in order to determine what works best for my setup and I was wondering: 

Since I now have successfully generated three different "Dyndolod-output.zip-files" (zip1= "LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard1" /  zip2= "LOD4/Billboard4, LOD8/Billboard4, LOD16/Billboard1" / zip3= " LOD4/Level0, LOD8/Billboard2, LOD16/Billboard2") I guess I don't have to do a "clean save/install" if I would like to test and compare these quickly? It should be enough with removing the old zip (1) for the new one (2) in my modorganizer (since they are based/generated on the exact same meshes/textures/skse/Texgen)?

Going by the documentation and my own OCD, in order to guarantee that object LOD is representative of what we think it should be, we need a clean save between differing DynDOLOD runs. Here's what I do:

1. Start a new game, using Alternate Start mod to give me Breezehome (or wherever is convenient for my testing)
  2. Walk down to my front door and make sure my weather-switching mod is readied
  3. Wait until noon-ish
  4. Save (this is my clean save that I can reload every time DynDOLOD output changes)
  5. Exit home, and approach front gate (DynDOLOD successfully activates as I walk to the gate)
  6. Enter the worldspace exterior by opening the gate
  7. COC/COW to a position and possibly use distant references to line myself up for screenshots

This way, you can always use the save game at step 4 for each run.

Another tip: you don't need to zip your outputs. They can be placed directly into the empty mod. This saves some tedium and time when working with lots of outputs if you have the drive space. MO doesn't install mods as archives either even though it will read from them.

2 hours ago, TheDude said:

Why would you save between tests and then load that save for the next test when testing mods?

For quick LOD testing, simply coc whiterun form main menu.

Or keep loading  the same save that was cleaned or never saw DynDOLOD output before.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

Why would you save between tests and then load that save for the next test when testing mods?

For quick LOD testing, simply coc whiterun form main menu.

Or keep loading  the same save that was cleaned or never saw DynDOLOD output before.

Good to know that this should work as well. Never thought of it.

Hello I have a problem with my LOD with both a vanilla game and using LODgen. The LOD doesn't change assets until I'm very fairly close. Made sure ugrids was at 5. This happens on a completely vanilla fallout 4 not sure what the issue is 

Rtx 2080ti 

I7 8700k 

16g ram 

M.2 SSD Screenshot_20210907-191953_Discord.thumb.jpg.936c0d52d0a33a9cd8f316253bff9271.jpg

7 hours ago, Vyse458 said:

Hello I have a problem with my LOD with both a vanilla game and using LODgen. The LOD doesn't change assets until I'm very fairly close. Made sure ugrids was at 5. This happens on a completely vanilla fallout 4 not sure what the issue is 

Rtx 2080ti 

I7 8700k 

16g ram 

M.2 SSD Screenshot_20210907-191953_Discord.thumb.jpg.936c0d52d0a33a9cd8f316253bff9271.jpg

The LOD area starts beyond the active cells, the uGridsToLoad. Large objects that have their origin outside the active cells may span across cell borders. That is how the engine always worked as you already found out by verifying with the vanilla settings and game.

Thats just how it is? Its so Jarring even with ultra Everything.

Theres picture of my char standing on the rock beyond the bridge

Fo4lodgen Makes the LOD better for sure but its still jarring.

Besides increasing ugridstoload is there anything else that can be done? I've already maxed out everything with bethini.

ScreenShot41.png

Edited by Vyse458

1 hour ago, Vyse458 said:

Thats just how it is? Its so Jarring even with ultra Everything.

Theres picture of my char standing on the rock beyond the bridge

Fo4lodgen Makes the LOD better for sure but its still jarring.

Besides increasing ugridstoload is there anything else that can be done? I've already maxed out everything with bethini.

The LOD area starts beyond the active cells, the uGridsToLoad area. To show full models (like clouds) in that area, the references need to be persistent and have the Is Full LOD flag set. Obviously this can not be done for too many things for performance reasons.

I suggest to create/install higher quality LOD models/textures. AFAIK there are a couple mods for FO4 that do just that.