DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

Posted (edited)

Hello good evening!

So I'm getting Range Check Errors when I attempt to run Dyndolod. Specifically: "Error: Error reading grass Tamriel [-1,-10] Range check Error"
I am not sure if its a grass problem or versioning problem. The dyndolod exceptions page lists "error reading grass" and "range check error" as separate errors, but here they are both combined in the same error. I am also not 100% if the versions of all my dyndolod components match up correctly, since I am on Skyrim 1.6.64. 
The first time I had an error that said "Error reading grass Tamriel [-1,-8] Range check Error". I followed the instructions on the Dyndolod exceptions page for error reading grass, which is to delete the .CGID grass cache for that cell. I did that, and then I got the same error for [-1,-9], then again for [-1,-10]. This makes me think the problem is not isolated to just one bit of grass (both of these cells are in the mountains directly between Secundas Kiss and Bleak Falls Barrow). I have successfully generated a grass precache with No Grass in Objects. I have also successfully ran xLodGen64, TexGen64, and ACMOS road generator.

For grass, I am using QW's Grass Patch 2 which is a combination of Cathedral 3D Pine Grass, Origins of the Forest, and Folkvangr.
Bugreport.txt

Dyndolod_SSE_log.txt

Dyndolod_SSE_debug_log.txt

Dyndolod_SSE.ini
GrassControl.ini

My current Dyndolod set up is as follows:
Skyrim Version: 1.6.64
Dyndolod 3 Alpha: 3.0.0.169 (Dyndolodx64.exe)
Dyndolod Resources SE- 3.00 
DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00- 1.6.x version, Alpha 27.1
Aspens Ablaze Add-On  DynDOLOD 3- 2.36.3
Majestic Mountains DynDoLod V 3.0 Lod pack- 4.01

Is my DynDolod setup correctly, or do I have some kind of grass problem?
Thank you for your help <3

Edited by Brambleshire

6 hours ago, air401 said:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 1.

[Content]
"C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -nogpu -y -sepalpha -aw 256  -keepcoverage 0.85 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod" -flist "C:\Users\Super Awesome Dude\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_514_36_F7D67F2CE883454FA334C97792C1855D.txt"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Thats the error i get when force killing texconvx64. Any idea?

This was in the txt file it linked for me in the error msg

#"C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -nogpu -y -sepalpha -aw 256   -keepcoverage 0.85 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod"
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01icelakesurfacelod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlefloorstone03lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairnrock01lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\seruinsmarble01_4x4lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01sctrimlod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01icelakesurfacelod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone01lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlefloorstone03lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dfloor01lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt05lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statueofauriellod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone04lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone01lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt05lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statuestone01lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt01lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone05lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\seruinswall01_1x2lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\seruinsmarble01_4x4lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt01lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone05lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01scstairslod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt03lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01castlefortlod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\seruinswall01_1x2lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt03lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01scstairslod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone03lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairnrock01lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statueofauriellod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statuestone01lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone03lod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01castlefortlod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\castlewallstone04lod_n.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01sctrimlod.dds
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\dfloor01lod.dds

I have cleared out those folders and moved what was in there to a backup folder and im in the process of trying again with empty folders.

EDIT: So ive been watching the properties of the TexGen_Output folder and im seeing the size change even when it gets stalled on a LOD so i believe it is working its just taking forever on a few of the LOD creations. Im stuck on 1 now for about 45 minutes but it constantly changing the size of the folder so ill just let it run over night and see if it finishes in the next few hours.

No logs were provided. Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire TexGen log and debug log to upload when making posts.

It is not normal for Texconv needing hours to convert textures.

You could test selecting the uncompressed formats R8B8G8 for Diffuse/Normal and A8R8G8B8 for Diffuse alpha/Normal specular and then convert them to BC7 afterwards.

7 hours ago, Brambleshire said:

Hello good evening!

So I'm getting Range Check Errors when I attempt to run Dyndolod. Specifically: "Error: Error reading grass Tamriel [-1,-10] Range check Error"
I am not sure if its a grass problem or versioning problem. The dyndolod exceptions page lists "error reading grass" and "range check error" as separate errors, but here they are both combined in the same error. I am also not 100% if the versions of all my dyndolod components match up correctly, since I am on Skyrim 1.6.64. 
The first time I had an error that said "Error reading grass Tamriel [-1,-8] Range check Error". I followed the instructions on the Dyndolod exceptions page for error reading grass, which is to delete the .CGID grass cache for that cell. I did that, and then I got the same error for [-1,-9], then again for [-1,-10]. This makes me think the problem is not isolated to just one bit of grass (both of these cells are in the mountains directly between Secundas Kiss and Bleak Falls Barrow). I have successfully generated a grass precache with No Grass in Objects. I have also successfully ran xLodGen64, TexGen64, and ACMOS road generator.

For grass, I am using QW's Grass Patch 2 which is a combination of Cathedral 3D Pine Grass, Origins of the Forest, and Folkvangr.
Bugreport.txt
Dyndolod_SSE.ini

GrassControl.ini

My current Dyndolod set up is as follows:
Skyrim Version: 1.6.64
Dyndolod 3 Alpha: 3.0.0.169 (Dyndolodx64.exe)
Dyndolod Resources SE- 3.00 
DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00- 1.6.x version, Alpha 27.1
Aspens Ablaze Add-On  DynDOLOD 3- 2.36.3
Majestic Mountains DynDoLod V 3.0 Lod pack- 4.01

Is my DynDolod setup correctly, or do I have some kind of grass problem?
Thank you for your help <3

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

See the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug to log to also upload.

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini shows that you changed GrassGID=gid, which means you instruct DynDOLOD to read the *.gid files in the load order and not the *.cgid files.
So, deleting or recreating *.cgid is not going to change anything. The reason it reports different cells/files is because the order of the files are being read is not guaranteed to be the same every time. of As explained in https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Error-reading-grass-worldspace-x-y, the vanilla *.gid files are of the wrong format and do not work. There should be no need to rename *.cgid to *.gid anymore or to set GrassGID=gid now that NGIO is available for newer runtime versions.

Everything below has nothing to do with reading of grass cache files:

There is no Skyrim runtime version 1.6.64, do you mean 1.6.640?

The runtime version is only important to choose the correct version of DLL plugins. There is only one version of the DynDOLOD Standalone, as there is only one version xEdit/xLODGen. See https://dyndolod.info/Downloads and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

There are two versions of DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts:
DynDOLOD DLL NG 1.6.11xx and Scripts 3.00 for runtimes 1.6.1130 and newer/higher
DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 for all older/lower Skyrim VR 1.4.15 and Skyrim SE/AE 1.5.x and 1.6.x runtimes.

So, if the runtime version is 1.6.640, it is lower than 1.6.11xx. You need to use DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 - DynDOLOD.DLL NG plugin for Skyrim SE/AE 1.5.x/1.6.x (not 1.6.1130 and not 1.6.1170) and VR 1.4.15. Otherwise there should be an error message from SKSE when starting the game.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

No logs were provided. Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire TexGen log and debug log to upload when making posts.

It is not normal for Texconv needing hours to convert textures.

You could test selecting the uncompressed formats R8B8G8 for Diffuse/Normal and A8R8G8B8 for Diffuse alpha/Normal specular and then convert them to BC7 afterwards.

It took about 2.5hours. I got it thank you for the help and the directions to the right information to check my work.

47 minutes ago, air401 said:

It took about 2.5hours. I got it thank you for the help and the directions to the right information to check my work.

No logs were provided.

TexGen should not run more than a couple minutes on a normal setup.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

which DynDOLOD log and debug to log to also upload.

Dyndolod_SSE_log.txt

I'm very sorry. I missed where it said to post those logs as well. I also edited my first post to include the logs there.

do you mean 1.6.640?

Yes. Sorry I didn't know the 0 is relevant

So, if the runtime version is 1.6.640, it is lower than 1.6.11xx. You need to use DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 - DynDOLOD.DLL NG plugin for Skyrim SE/AE 1.5.x/1.6.x (not 1.6.1130 and not 1.6.1170) and VR 1.4.15. Otherwise there should be an error message from SKSE when starting the game.

Ok, So it sounds like my Dyndolod is setup correctly and its a grass error.

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini shows that you changed GrassGID=gid, which means you instruct DynDOLOD to read the *.gid files in the load order and not the *.cgid files.
So, deleting or recreating *.cgid is not going to change anything. The reason it reports different cells/files is because the order of the files are being read is not guaranteed to be the same every time. of As explained in https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Error-reading-grass-worldspace-x-y, the vanilla *.gid files are of the wrong format and do not work. There should be no need to rename *.cgid to *.gid anymore or to set GrassGID=gid now that NGIO is available for newer runtime versions.

So what this means is that in Dyndolod_SSE.ini, I need to change "GrassGID=gid" to "GrassGID=cgid", is that correct?

1 hour ago, Brambleshire said:

Dyndolod_SSE_log.txt

I'm very sorry. I missed where it said to post those logs as well. I also edited my first post to include the logs there.

Yes. Sorry I didn't know the 0 is relevant

Ok, So it sounds like my Dyndolod is setup correctly and its a grass error.

So what this means is that in Dyndolod_SSE.ini, I need to change "GrassGID=gid" to "GrassGID=cgid", is that correct?

Yes you should keep the default setting GrassGID=cgid, since that is the file ending of the grass cache files NGIO generates.

There is no reason to rename cgid files to gid now that NGIO is available for 1.6.x runtimes.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

There is no reason to rename cgid files to gid now that NGIO is available for 1.6.x runtimes.

Mm i don't remember ever changing anything in there that the step guide didnt tell me to change... 
But anyways, it worked! Dyndolod completed successfully! Thank you for your help!

I have no idea what's going on with Dyndolod but it's driving me nuts. I've spent months figuring out every aspect of how to get this game modded the way I want ALL THE WAY UP to this point, and now I'm stuck.

I am on the BOBW downgraded 1.5.97, got through texgen just fine, generated a grass precache alright. Now I'm trying to finish with DyndoLOD and it crashes every time I try to generate, giving me no errors and only a dynamic lod log and an object lod log. Bugreport.txt has nothing about these crashes. I've linked the two logs that I am able to generate here.

This is driving me crazy and I've never done this process before, but I just can't really play this game in the state it is without some matching LODs.

https://paste.ee/p/SuSpk

https://paste.ee/p/btuC4

8 minutes ago, Chicago119 said:

I have no idea what's going on with Dyndolod but it's driving me nuts. I've spent months figuring out every aspect of how to get this game modded the way I want ALL THE WAY UP to this point, and now I'm stuck.

I am on the BOBW downgraded 1.5.97, got through texgen just fine, generated a grass precache alright. Now I'm trying to finish with DyndoLOD and it crashes every time I try to generate, giving me no errors and only a dynamic lod log and an object lod log. Bugreport.txt has nothing about these crashes. I've linked the two logs that I am able to generate here.

This is driving me crazy and I've never done this process before, but I just can't really play this game in the state it is without some matching LODs.

https://paste.ee/p/SuSpk

https://paste.ee/p/btuC4

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

If there are no DynDOLOD log and debug log because the tool is terminated prematurely, enable the real time logging as explained and upload that. Also check the Windows Event log as explained.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

If there are no DynDOLOD log and debug log because the tool is terminated prematurely, enable the real time logging as explained and upload that. Also check the Windows Event log as explained.

I ran it again after enabling realtime logging and this time it actually seemed to work most of the way at least. I had to disable BS Bruma for whatever reason, I thought it only generated tree LODs for that.

Lodgen failed while generating grass for ECSS as well, however the program then finished and zipped, resulting in a single CRC error for a single file in Wyrmstooth which I deleted. Here is a link to the logs that have now been generated as well as a pastebin of several of the relevant events in event viewer:

https://ufile.io/saubrwyx

https://pastebin.com/pZxX72eD

9 hours ago, Chicago119 said:

I ran it again after enabling realtime logging and this time it actually seemed to work most of the way at least. I had to disable BS Bruma for whatever reason, I thought it only generated tree LODs for that.

Lodgen failed while generating grass for ECSS as well, however the program then finished and zipped, resulting in a single CRC error for a single file in Wyrmstooth which I deleted. Here is a link to the logs that have now been generated as well as a pastebin of several of the relevant events in event viewer:

https://ufile.io/saubrwyx

https://pastebin.com/pZxX72eD

<Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01FalmerValley. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005.
<Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for ECSSShiveringIsles. LODGenx64Win.exe ended by user>
<Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Sovngarde. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005
<Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC01SoulCairn. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#2-Generate-The-LOD-Mod-with-DynDOLOD
Wait for all processes including all spawned LODGen command prompt windows to complete successfully. Pay attention to all log messages. It should end with the log message 'DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully' and lines like 'LODGen generated object LOD for [WORLDSPACE] successfully' for each selected worldspace. Do not use the output if there were errors that stopped the process prematurely.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen
C0000005 - If happening randomly can be a sign of hardware issues like CPU or memory being unstable.
Reduce memory requirements. See Out of Memory below. See FAQ High Memory Usage / Out of Memory.

Click those links and see their suggestion for the next time you run DynDOLOD.

You can try to Execute LODGen again just for those worldspaces in expert mode to generate the object LOD meshes to replace the incomplete set in the output folder without having to do the entire process. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode.
After enabling the export mode with Expert=1 in F:\DynDoLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, select the 4 worldspace that had the errors and then click the Execute LODGen button and wait for all the spawn processes to finish. If execute all 4 at them time has errors again, so done by one. Once the object LOD meshes have been generated without errors, close DynDOLOD with Cancel or X top right. You can then should have properly generate output that can be used in the game.

Posted (edited)
[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Skipped Load: Duplicate FormID [0C03E359] in file [F1] Hammets Dungeons and Patches.esp.

[Content]
These errors need to be fixed.

Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

I loaded my whole modlist into sseedit, and there is NO FormID 0C03E359
The file "Hammets Dungeons and Patches.esp" is a merge file created with zEdit.

Apart  from renumbering the form IDs (with xEdit, which actually works), how can I fix this weird error?

Edited by aragonit

9 hours ago, aragonit said:
[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Skipped Load: Duplicate FormID [0C03E359] in file [F1] Hammets Dungeons and Patches.esp.

[Content]
These errors need to be fixed.

Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

I loaded my whole modlist into sseedit, and there is NO FormID 0C03E359
The file "Hammets Dungeons and Patches.esp" is a merge file created with zEdit.

Apart  from renumbering the form IDs (with xEdit, which actually works), how can I fix this weird error?

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Click the link Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message of the message as explained in the first post and https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Duplicate-Form-ID:
A duplicate form ID in a plugin can be removed by loading and saving the plugin in Creation Kit.

The error is reported by the xEdit background loader. The message states a fact. The load order ID the form ID will probably change depending on the load order of a master plugin. It is unclear what mod Hammets Dungeons and Patches.esp is from.

Hello, i wanna tell you its potential bug with newest AMD GPU Drivers (24.5.1) for i use AsRock RX 6600 8 GB + AMD Ryzen 5 4500 CPU and its not possible to finalize the LOD creating by Dyndolod, the program is stuck at the moment when its wanna create a LOD for Tamriel, i have a information in DynDOLOD like that: "Waiting for LODGenx64Win.exe generating object LOD for Tamriel." and its completely stuck and really slow my PC to that moment i cannot do anything. Now i change version of drivers for 23.12.1 and its possible to create LOD and play the game.