DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

59 minutes ago, ntluan_vn said:

Thanks

So DynDOLOD thresholded alpha-to-covergage at what level?  i reduced the native resolution of the texture from 4k to 2k and set the threshold alpha-to-covergage to 127

What's your tree mod? Looks like HLT or Jedi?

I manage the LOD models for HLT, so I will verify those and the base models when I have time. I had been troubleshooting this issue on some of the dead pines with sheson's and T4's input, but we weren't able to cure it with texture revisions. If alpha and UV need tweaking, I think it would be best done on the base meshes and rebuild each of the LOD.

16 minutes ago, z929669 said:

What's your tree mod? Looks like HLT or Jedi?

I manage the LOD models for HLT, so I will verify those and the base models when I have time. I had been troubleshooting this issue on some of the dead pines with sheson's and T4's input, but we weren't able to cure it with texture revisions. If alpha and UV need tweaking, I think it would be best done on the base meshes and rebuild each of the LOD.

Yes in the screenshot is HLT

1 hour ago, ntluan_vn said:

Thanks

So DynDOLOD thresholded alpha-to-covergage at what level?  i reduced the native resolution of the texture from 4k to 2k and set the threshold alpha-to-covergage to 127

DynDOLOD uses its own routine to generate mipmaps that is different from the general alpha-to-coverage routines.

I would suggest to start with the strongest value possible in whatever other tool you are using. 

13 minutes ago, Saesh said:

Hi currently running into a little issue with TexGen after a certain point i get a popup with "Please wait a moment.." and then the normal "exit -  Open Log" happens always at the same point never had that happen before.
Using DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 61
Logs: 

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.08 MB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 61.91 kB · 2 downloads   bugreport.txt 50.58 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the complete report. Fixed in DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-62

9 minutes ago, Saesh said:

Hi currently running into a little issue with TexGen after a certain point i get a popup with "Please wait a moment.." and then the normal "exit -  Open Log" happens always at the same point never had that happen before.
Using DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 61
Logs: 

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.08 MB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 61.91 kB · 1 download   bugreport.txt 50.58 kB · 1 download

I am getting that same error in the same place, right before billboards start generating.

I am also on SkyrimSE 1.5.97.

TexgenX64 Alpha-61 prompts me to exit after creating just the textures without attempting to create any billboards. There are no error messages. Of course DynDOLODx64 then complains there are no billboards and that I need to run Texgen. Reverting back to Alpha-56 with no other changes works fine--the billboards are created like normal. I compared the log files between version 56 and 61: Version 61 gets up to processing the "Parent worldspace Skyrim.esm Tamriel" and ends there. Version 56 continues from there to process the child worldspaces. I am using Dyndolod Resources 3.0 Alpha-17 in case that matters. I've checked .ini files and they are identical between 56 and 61.

The 3 log files are here.

EDIT: Hahahahaha I just read the posts above mine and it looks like you already fixed it in version 62. I spent 5 hours debugging this as much as I could which is why I never saw this issue reported and fixed. LOL

Edited by Glanzer

3 minutes ago, Glanzer said:

TexgenX64 Alpha-61 prompts me to exit after creating just the textures without attempting to create any billboards. There are no error messages. Of course DynDOLODx64 then complains there are no billboards and that I need to run Texgen. Reverting back to Alpha-56 with no other changes works fine--the billboards are created like normal. I compared the log files between version 56 and 61: Version 61 gets up to processing the "Parent worldspace Skyrim.esm Tamriel" and ends there. Version 56 continues from there to process the child worldspaces. I am using Dyndolod Resources 3.0 Alpha-17 in case that matters. I've checked .ini files and they are identical between 56 and 61.

The 3 log files are here.

the TexGen problem got fixed ~1h ago with Alpha-62

49 minutes ago, Saesh said:

Hey
Quick update TexGen worked without a hitch but now when i launch DynDOLODx64 it closes after the Background Loader finished

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 48.65 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 59.21 kB · 0 downloads

Found DVLaSS Skyrim Underside.esp. DynDOLOD replaces it. Remove it permanently from the from load order. Click the help link to open further instructions:

Read the actual message and help link https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-Underside. DynDOLOD generates the underside.