What are the bits of ground that lay around rocks?

Brambleshire

Question

So as far as I understand there are 3 types of "earth" in skyrim. There are the actual mountain pieces, there is landscape (pineforestgrass01 etc), then there are these space filler  textures that are in between the areas when the mountain pieces have gaps and on the edges. Like so. As you can see I am missing the texture for this type of ground.

Can someone please give me some more information on what these bits of ground are called, where to find them in /Data, and what category/type of mods cover them? Is it even a landscape texture or is it an object? Should I be investigating my mountain mods, my terrain mods, or something else? Additional Screenshot 1 Additional Screenshot 2

Secondarily, does anyone know how to get parallax landscape textures to blend with said ^^^^ terrain? My textures blend nicely with other landscape textures, but against this hitherto unnamed mountain space-filler texture there's no blending at all and I have straight seams.  I am using a custom landscape pack I put together myself by cherrypicking myfavorite textures from all the parallax landscape texture mods.

Thanks for your help!!

Also, as you can see, in "Additional screenshot 2" in my comment above I am using Landscape Identification Terrain Texture to try and identify this area. I THINK it says "Snowrocks01" but I cant be certain if snowrocks01 is the actual area in question, or if its just beside it or underneath. When I check for snowrocks01 in my data and landscape mod, everything looks to be in order. Its not getting overwritten by something, I have all the files I need, etc. I don't see anything wrong with snowrocks01.

1 answer to this question

Posted (edited)

I found it! It's mountaintrim01 and its governed by mountains/mountains mods, but uses textures from landscape texture mods. So I guess a weird hybrid. I'm guessing the texture is missing because the texture in the landscape mod is not matching the path for the texture in the mountain mod. I figured this out through the console. I thought you couldn't select the ground in the console, but in this cause you cand because its not "the ground" per se, its an object.

I'm still trying to figure out the issue with the straight seams tho.

Edited by Brambleshire