DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

I'm currently getting this error when attempting to run Dyndolod and cant figure it out.

Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions.

Do not modify any of the files.

Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed.

I have run dyndolod multiple times with no issue prior to the 1.6.x update.  but since then I cant seem to get away from this error.  I believe I have double and triple checked every DLL plugin to make sure its for the current runtime of the game, skse 2.1.5 etc.  I've been trying to work on this on and off since November.  I have Lexy's LOTD guide installed in its own separate MO installation, and have it up to date as of the December 10th update have patched my game back to 1.5.97 at which time dyndolod ran successfully and is a perfectly working mod list.  since then I've updated back to 1.6.whatever it is as of yesterday.  I've done this process multiple times, switching back and forth between 1.5.97 and 1.6.x  dyndolod always runs with no issue for 1.5.97 and always gives me this same issue.  From what I've read, assuming i understand correctly, that shouldn't make any difference? regardless of runtime version of the game, as long as skse and all DLLs are for the appropriate runtime (which also, i think that doesn't even matter until launching the game with dnydolod.esm/p active?) the executable and resources installation are identical?  I'm not even sure what step to take next to try and troubleshoot this.  I haven't modified the files, the resources are matching for the standalone and work with previous runtimes, and I've verified and reinstalled everything multiple times.  is there anything else I can do to attempt to troubleshoot and resolve this that I'm just not able to find on my own?  thank you in advance for any replies and help! and apologies if this type of issue has already been addressed somewhere and I was just unable to find it in my searches.

21 minutes ago, banky409 said:

I'm currently getting this error when attempting to run Dyndolod and cant figure it out.

Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions.

Do not modify any of the files.

Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed.

I have run dyndolod multiple times with no issue prior to the 1.6.x update.  but since then I cant seem to get away from this error.  I believe I have double and triple checked every DLL plugin to make sure its for the current runtime of the game, skse 2.1.5 etc.  I've been trying to work on this on and off since November.  I have Lexy's LOTD guide installed in its own separate MO installation, and have it up to date as of the December 10th update have patched my game back to 1.5.97 at which time dyndolod ran successfully and is a perfectly working mod list.  since then I've updated back to 1.6.whatever it is as of yesterday.  I've done this process multiple times, switching back and forth between 1.5.97 and 1.6.x  dyndolod always runs with no issue for 1.5.97 and always gives me this same issue.  From what I've read, assuming i understand correctly, that shouldn't make any difference? regardless of runtime version of the game, as long as skse and all DLLs are for the appropriate runtime (which also, i think that doesn't even matter until launching the game with dnydolod.esm/p active?) the executable and resources installation are identical?  I'm not even sure what step to take next to try and troubleshoot this.  I haven't modified the files, the resources are matching for the standalone and work with previous runtimes, and I've verified and reinstalled everything multiple times.  is there anything else I can do to attempt to troubleshoot and resolve this that I'm just not able to find on my own?  thank you in advance for any replies and help! and apologies if this type of issue has already been addressed somewhere and I was just unable to find it in my searches.

You have not installed the correct version of DynDOLOD Resources 3 for the game version you are using. The game version is either Skyrim, Skyrim LE or Enderal which require DynDOLOD Resources 3 or Skyrim SE, Skyrim AE, Skyrim VR, Enderal SE which require DynDOLOD Resources 3 SE as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Downloads

As you can see, the runtime version is irrelevant.

I have the same issue, where I get the same error concerning DynDOLOD Resources.

I have just upgraded to DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 (Main, vAlpha-18) from Nexus (from the previous Alpha - it was the most routine upgrade). I have triple checked that I have installed the correct file (I'm in MO2).

I have also upgraded to the latest DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-63.

This is what I see in the log:

[00:01] DynDOLOD Resources SE: 3.00 <= 3.00 <= 3.00
[00:01] Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE issue. Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions. Do not modify any of the files. Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed.
[00:11] User says "Exit DynDOLOD"

For the record, I am using Skyrim SE (1.5.97)

EDIT: Downgraded to DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 (Main, vAlpha-17), problem disappears (using the same DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-63 executable)

Edited by adancau

7 hours ago, sheson said:

Use default settings for TexGen.

If it generates all rendered objects and then has a problem it is either will billboards or stitched. Just run with only one main option enabled. If it is billboards, only enable on of the options at a time to see which one it is.

Add a line RealTimeLog=1 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI. Clear out all old logs in the log folder. Then run with only the option that has the problem. Upload all log files that are now in the log folder. Check main folder again if it might have create a bugreport.txt this time.

Do not truncate any of the logs. Upload entire log of the session to a file service if needed.

Using default settings for TexGen. Rendered and Stitched Objects are generated correctly - no crashing generating them when I enable only those options. The problem is with billboards. If I enable Grass and/or HD trees, it always crashes. If I don't enable those options and use the default options (no Grass - no HD trees) sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't.

Here are the logs that were in \Logs after every sesion - unfortunately, no bugreport.txt is generated:

https://ufile.io/i6oy9cu1 (HD Trees and Grass - CRASH)

https://ufile.io/atfo3hkv (Default - no HD trees, no Grass - CRASH)

https://ufile.io/f/vhje4 (Default - no HD tress, no Grass - SUCCESSFUL)

Thanks again

P.S. As you can see, when it crashes, only the realtime log is generated.

Edited by Thardrim

1 hour ago, adancau said:

I have the same issue, where I get the same error concerning DynDOLOD Resources.

I have just upgraded to DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 (Main, vAlpha-18) from Nexus (from the previous Alpha - it was the most routine upgrade). I have triple checked that I have installed the correct file (I'm in MO2).

I have also upgraded to the latest DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-63.

This is what I see in the log:

[00:01] DynDOLOD Resources SE: 3.00 <= 3.00 <= 3.00
[00:01] Error: DynDOLOD Resources SE issue. Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions. Do not modify any of the files. Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed.
[00:11] User says "Exit DynDOLOD"

For the record, I am using Skyrim SE (1.5.97)

EDIT: Downgraded to DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 (Main, vAlpha-17), problem disappears (using the same DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-63 executable)

41 minutes ago, Winterlove said:

+1 here, also seeing the issue, exactly as described, I'm using Alpha-63 DynDOLOD, Alpha-18 SE Resources.

11 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I too have this error with the latest versions (DynDOLOD alpha63 and DynDOLOD alpha18 Resources. TexGen went fine, but when starting DynDOLOD generation the error occurs

Here are the error logs.

Uploading again as DynDOLOD Resource 3 SE as Alpha-19, see if that works.

• Like 1

Can confirm the error is gone.

One small observation - the new file is called DynDOLOD 3.00 (Main, vAlpha-19), used to be DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 (Main, vAlpha-##) - it's not an issue though and installs with the proper mod name

Edited by adancau

2 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Generating as we speak. I see you took out the giantfire thingie. Was that the issue?

I think the publishing script really packed the LE version and gave it the SE filename. When I blame the script it probably means it was a firstborn pressing the wrong button.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

I think the publishing script really packed the LE version and gave it the SE filename. When I blame the script it probably means it was a firstborn pressing the wrong button.

*nods* Probably mine then. Runs in the family.

EDIT: *looks around* Ok... it stumbles in the family

Edited by ButchDiavolo

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

This did it for me, currently generating lod.  ty sheson, unfortunately I dont intend to have any first born to give you, but should it happen, the demon spawn is definitely yours.

24 minutes ago, Thardrim said:

Using default settings for TexGen. Rendered and Stitched Objects are generated correctly - no crashing generating them when I enable only those options. The problem is with billboards. If I enable Grass and/or HD trees, it always crashes. If I don't enable those options and use the default options (no Grass - no HD trees) sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't.

Here are the logs that were in \Logs after every sesion - unfortunately, no bugreport.txt is generated:

https://ufile.io/i6oy9cu1 (HD Trees and Grass - CRASH)

https://ufile.io/atfo3hkv (Default - no HD trees, no Grass - CRASH)

https://ufile.io/f/vhje4 (Default - no HD tress, no Grass - SUCCESSFUL)

Thanks again

P.S. As you can see, when it crashes, only the realtime log is generated.

Check the Windows event log if there is a report in there.

While the tool runs, check main memory and video memory usage.

Maybe disable anything like Geforce experience or software from the graphics card maker, overlays etc. Everything else that is equally unnecessary running in the background.

54 minutes ago, sheson said:

Confirmed, seems to be happy now. Well, at least as far as this problem is concerned. I seem to be getting a crash partway through running DynDOLOD itself (I don't have time right now to drill down into it, sadly). Still, thank you for fixing the original problem!