DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

12 hours ago, sheson said:

If full textures become thin in the distances, also try generating mipmaps for it with an appropriate alpha-to-covergage setting.

When a texture is added to the atlas, DynDOLOD does this automatically, hence the difference.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model:
Note that LOD only has binary alpha with a fixed threshold of 128. DynDOLOD reads the alpha threshold from the NiAlphaProperty from the models used for LOD and adjusts the textures before it is added to the atlas texture. The final result in game may be to thick or thin like certain objects seem to be missing or transparency looks off. Try adjusting the NiAlphaProperty in the 3D LOD model. Again, note that the UV texture coordinates need to be >= 0.0 and <= 1.0 for LOD being able to use the atlas texture. If the UV is outside those limits, LOD will use the texture directly.

You can check and do simple edits to UV in NifSkope. If they are just slightly outside you can move them inside 0.0 and 1.0 in NifSkope UV editor or change wrap UV to clamp the UV in the shader settings for that shape.

sorry, I'm not very good at nifspoke and related things but can I ask you a question?

You can check and do simple edits to UV in NifSkope. If they are just slightly outside you can move them inside 0.0 and 1.0 in NifSkope UV editor

z3105216466463-6f93cf922f5e59587c94941b3

Is this what you are talking about? and they have to be within the area of the squares that I circled in red right? I see in the model recorded in Dyndolodxxx.dds within this distance (Aspen Ablaze). In Nifspoke I couldn't find any setting for it to show the parameter you mentioned (>= 0.0 and <= 1.0). Thanks

P/s: Sorry about my English, it's really bad

Edited by ntluan_vn

I'm having an issue with this version (alpha-63). When I run TextGen64 through MO2, after ten minutes or so, the windows just closes and nothing else happens. The files are created correctly just until the point where TextGen crashes, but it's far from being completed. I have set exceptions for the folders, the programs and MO2. It worked fine with alpha 60 version, so I don't know what's happening here. Installation folders are set as it is recommended, outside of UAC folders. My Skyrim version is SE 1.5.97.

I really appreciate if someone points me to what could be the problem. 

Thanks.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

On 1/13/2022 at 4:37 AM, ntluan_vn said:

sorry, I'm not very good at nifspoke and related things but can I ask you a question?

Is this what you are talking about? and they have to be within the area of the squares that I circled in red right? I see in the model recorded in Dyndolodxxx.dds within this distance (Aspen Ablaze). In Nifspoke I couldn't find any setting for it to show the parameter you mentioned (>= 0.0 and <= 1.0). Thanks

P/s: Sorry about my English, it's really bad

How to use NifSkope or other tools to edit meshes is a bit beyond DynDOLOD support...

Yes, the UV needs to stay inside the red square shown in the screenshot. Just drag and drop whatever is outside.
The UV coordinates are listed in the NiTriShapeData (UV Sets) or the BSTriShape (Vertex Data).

On 1/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, Thardrim said:

I'm having an issue with this version (alpha-63). When I run TextGen64 through MO2, after ten minutes or so, the windows just closes and nothing else happens. The files are created correctly just until the point where TextGen crashes, but it's far from being completed. I have set exceptions for the folders, the programs and MO2. It worked fine with alpha 60 version, so I don't know what's happening here. Installation folders are set as it is recommended, outside of UAC folders. My Skyrim version is SE 1.5.97.

I really appreciate if someone points me to what could be the problem. 

Thanks.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 601.71 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 199.18 kB · 0 downloads

No bugreport.txt in the same folder as Texgen exe?

Does it always stop after the same two files?

Does it run through if you uncheck rendered object LOD textures?

What happens if you preview dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.nif?

Nothing changed in the code that renders object LOD textures, neither did the special NIFs change recently.

1 hour ago, zhuabaobao said:

Ask, the latest version supports 1.5.97-----2.0.17 

From https://dyndolod.info:

Dynamic Distant Objects LOD (DynDOLOD) is the advanced and easier version of xLODGen to generate a comprehensive LOD mod for the entire load order of the different Skyrim and Enderal game versions.

Regardless of which runtime version is used for Skyrim Special Edition, if the Skyrim Anniversary Edition or Anniversary DLC is installed, the game mode is always SSE.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

From https://dyndolod.info:

Dynamic Distant Objects LOD (DynDOLOD) is the advanced and easier version of xLODGen to generate a comprehensive LOD mod for the entire load order of the different Skyrim and Enderal game versions.

Regardless of which runtime version is used for Skyrim Special Edition, if the Skyrim Anniversary Edition or Anniversary DLC is installed, the game mode is always SSE.

Thanks so I can always follow your updates 

13 hours ago, sheson said:

No bugreport.txt in the same folder as Texgen exe?

Does it always stop after the same two files?

Does it run through if you uncheck rendered object LOD textures?

What happens if you preview dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.nif?

Nothing changed in the code that renders object LOD textures, neither did the special NIFs change recently.

Thanks for such a quick answer.

No, there is no bugreport in the folder.

Funny enough, it doesn't stop in dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.nif. Actually, it get's through all that, creates billboards and stops somewhere there. (I think it always stops in the same file, but the window closes so suddenly that I need to recheck again to see if I can get where it exactly stops and if it is always after the same files. I think it does when starting to proccess grass, but I'm not sure).

I unckecked rendered objects, but it still doesn't run through.

I can preview dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.nif with no problem. I don't see anything strange there.

I've reinstalled again and run the program a couple more times (even with Real Time Protection disabled) to no avail. The only difference this time is that it doesn't create log files in any folder. That's why I cannot attach any logs this time.

P.S. Something similar - closing the window suddenly mid-process - happened to me once and it was because I had not enough space in my disk to create the files. But this time I have 120 GB free in my MO2 disk, and 250 GB in the disk where I have Dyndolod extracted and where TexGen_Output is created.

Edited by Thardrim

1 hour ago, Thardrim said:

Thanks for such a quick answer.

No, there is no bugreport in the folder.

Funny enough, it doesn't stop in dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.nif. Actually, it get's through all that, creates billboards and stops somewhere there. (I think it always stops in the same file, but the window closes so suddenly that I need to recheck again to see if I can get where it exactly stops and if it is always after the same files. I think it does when starting to proccess grass, but I'm not sure).

I unckecked rendered objects, but it still doesn't run through.

I can preview dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.nif with no problem. I don't see anything strange there.

I've reinstalled again and run the program a couple more times (even with Real Time Protection disabled) to no avail. The only difference this time is that it doesn't create log files in any folder. That's why I cannot attach any logs this time.

P.S. Something similar - closing the window suddenly mid-process - happened to me once and it was because I had not enough space in my disk to create the files. But this time I have 120 GB free in my MO2 disk, and 250 GB in the disk where I have Dyndolod extracted and where TexGen_Output is created.

Use default settings for TexGen.

If it generates all rendered objects and then has a problem it is either will billboards or stitched. Just run with only one main option enabled. If it is billboards, only enable on of the options at a time to see which one it is.

Add a line RealTimeLog=1 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI. Clear out all old logs in the log folder. Then run with only the option that has the problem. Upload all log files that are now in the log folder. Check main folder again if it might have create a bugreport.txt this time.

Do not truncate any of the logs. Upload entire log of the session to a file service if needed.

26 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

Is it possible to generate grass LODs without making a grass cache with NGIO?
as far as I can tell, the PreCache Pluging for MO2 doesn't work with Skyrim AE.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD

Grass LOD generation requires a warmed precache from No Grass In Objects...

require = need for a particular purpose

36 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

Yeah I get that, was just wondering if there was a workaround for Anniversary Eddition, since I can't get the PreCache plugin to run..
Geuss I'm just out of luck then, thanks for the help.

The workaround currently would be to generate the grass cache with runtime 1.5.97

32 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

As in running the game as an older version? is that possible without a separat install?

This has nothing to do with DynDOLOD, so please post to these topics for related discussion.

Once you have a 1.5.97 grass cache, you can generate grass LOD in SAE without NGIO (since we are waiting for .NET FW or similar for AE) using: