DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

21 minutes ago, Carbony said:

Thanks for the 3.0 update it's amazing! And i allow myself to ask you which grass mod do you advise to have, for the best performance and compatibility with dyndolod (many mods don't have Billboard) 

Step Uses Cathedral Landscapes, which is one of the better performing ones. Plenty of others though

5 hours ago, tymib12 said:

Trying to run DynDOLODx64 but it keeps on giving me this error.

As far as im aware everything is correctly pathed.

dyndolod 64.PNG

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 32.05 kB · 1 download

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to post. I moved your post.

Always use the latest version of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha available.

Use the "Copy message to clipboard" link to copy and paste test instead of making screenshots, as explained on the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

As explained on the first post, use the "Help for this message" link to open additional explanation and help for the message.

Search the forum for the error message to find similar posts, as explained in the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Install the DynDOLOD Resources SE for the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions. They are required per https://dyndolod.info/Downloads.

8 hours ago, shadownightfury5 said:

I've generated the TexGen output and put it into MO2 but it just doesnt seem to detect it. I open DynDOLOD and TexGen in MO2 So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

DynDOLOD logs: https://pastebin.com/BQw6rXsX

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to post. I moved your post.

Also provide debug log. Also provide TexGen log and debug log if problem persists.

Are you saying the files it reports as not fond do exist in the load order? It seems more likely they actually do not exist...

Generate the required Billboards with TexGen first as explained https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#1-Generate-The-Required-LOD-Assets-with-TexGen
Check [x] Tree/Grass LOD Billboards and [x] Tree underneath it. Generate the textures. Make sure there are no errors. Install the generated output.

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

Using Alpha 60.

TexGen isn't creating HD trunk billboard texturess (or the _[1|2].dds is being stripped from [or not added to] the texture names), and DynDOLOD is complaining:

example TexGen billboard from log:

[00:10]     Creating billboard C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk with dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk.nif

DynDOLOD error for this tree:

Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_1.dds. Used by meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dffpassthru_lod.nif DynDOLOD.esm DLC1TreeWinterAspenSnow01 [STAT:0200CE13]

The DynDOLOD log entry was shared with me by @DoubleYou. I didn't bother running DynDOLOD when I saw this TexGen log, since I knew what would happen. I didn't see anything about fundamental changes to how DynDOLOD is doing HD tree billboards, so I think this may just be a glitch in a recent Alpha update (I haven't tested since Alpha 54, I think):

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.11 MB · 0 downloads

There is no error in the debug log you posted.

Generating Rendered Tree/Grass Billboard with Happy Little Trees 1.01 and Happy Little Trees Add-On - DynDOLOD 3 1.0 I do have these files in the TexGen output:

dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk.txt
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_1.dds
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_1_n.dds
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_2.dds
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_2_n.dds

I get the same for all trunks as expected, there is no missing _1 or _2 after _trunk.

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

Also provide debug log. Also provide TexGen log and debug log if problem persists.

Are you saying the files it reports as not fond do exist in the load order? It seems more likely they actually do not exist...

Generate the required Billboards with TexGen first as explained https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#1-Generate-The-Required-LOD-Assets-with-TexGen
Check [x] Tree/Grass LOD Billboards and [x] Tree underneath it. Generate the textures. Make sure there are no errors. Install the generated output.

I have 100% generated the billboards correctly and put them into MO2. I've been researching for 2 days and still havent figured it out.

DynDOLOD log: https://pastebin.com/BQw6rXsX

DynDOLOD debug: https://pastebin.com/PdJ9MKeL

TexGen log: https://pastebin.com/mWWY92Ki

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

1 hour ago, shadownightfury5 said:

I have 100% generated the billboards correctly and put them into MO2. I've been researching for 2 days and still havent figured it out.

DynDOLOD log: https://pastebin.com/BQw6rXsX

DynDOLOD debug: https://pastebin.com/PdJ9MKeL

TexGen log: https://pastebin.com/mWWY92Ki

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 976.58 kB · 0 downloads

Try to answer the question:

Check if the files from the file not found message exist in the (virtual) E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\ folder.

If they do, then DynDOLOD is prevented from acess by the OS, anti vir or another third party tool.

Just a short report on DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 60 working as intendend! I started cover some of the Riekling architecture. Created decimated meshes, and tweaked the UVs inside the range of 0.0-1.0 as you suggested. I kept the full texture assigned in the model. DynDOLOD automatically created downscaled textures from the full ones and added them to the atlas. I didn't assign any LOD to the static record, DynDOLOD picked it up automatically from the standard naming scheme I used (I guess?) "full model name"_lod.nif. 

I also tried Simplygon, but its Blender plugin seems to be broken right now... but the native tools helped as well. If this doesn't belong here, feel free to tell me so!

17023045187728834560_20220109143404_1.pn

Edited by Phlunder

24 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Just a short report on DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 60 working as intendend! I started cover some of the Riekling architecture. Created decimated meshes, and tweaked the UVs inside the range of 0.0-1.0 as you suggested. I kept the full texture assigned in the model. DynDOLOD automatically created downscaled textures from the full ones and added them to the atlas. I didn't assign any LOD to the static record, DynDOLOD picked it up automatically from the standard naming scheme I used (I guess?) "full model name"_lod.nif. 

I also tried Simplygon, but its Blender plugin seems to be broken right now... but the native tools helped as well. If this doesn't belong here, feel free to tell me so!

17023045187728834560_20220109143404_1.pn

That's great.

I you find redoing UV for 1x1 texture is creating to many triangles, let me know so we can add 2x2 or higher tiling LOD textures to TexGen generation.

Make sure to use lod_[0|1|2].nif to define the LOD Levels. If you only have one LOD model and want to add it to all LOD Levels use lod_2.nif. If you feel the LOD model does not need to be on the map use lod_1.nif. If you believe a small LOD model only needs to be in LOD Level 4, use lod_0.nif.

If you have 2 or 3 LOD models for the same full model with decreasing detail use the same number scheme, e.g highest detail lod_0.nif to lowest detail lod_2.nif.

Also make sure the NiTriShape/BSTriShape name is exactly the same as the full model so texture replacements works. Keeping the same order of the shapes is good, too.

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

That's great.

I you find redoing UV for 1x1 texture is creating to many triangles, let me know so we can add 2x2 or higher tiling LOD textures to TexGen generation.

Make sure to use lod_[0|1|2].nif to define the LOD Levels. If you only have one LOD model and want to add it to all LOD Levels use lod_2.nif. If you feel the LOD model does not need to be on the map use lod_1.nif. If you believe a small LOD model only needs to be in LOD Level 4, use lod_0.nif.

If you have 2 or 3 LOD models for the same full model with decreasing detail use the same number scheme, e.g highest detail lod_0.nif to lowest detail lod_2.nif.

Also make sure the NiTriShape/BSTriShape name is exactly the same as the full model so texture replacements works. Keeping the same order of the shapes is good, too.

Thanks for all the helpful insight. I am not sure how to check triangle count after generating LOD. Are you referring to the model in the BTO mesh? Regarding UVs, for these models it was relatively easy to get them in the 1x1 range, as they were in 2x2 range by default. It was just daunting to do that for models like the glaciers.

The models are indeed very small so I'll see what works best there, maybe isn't necessary to have them in all LOD stages. For now I just created a single LOD model for each object. I know that this wouldn't work with ones that have many references. The models also aren't as optimized as the ones in the DynDOLOD Resources or vanilla game, I am aware of that. I always try to reduce them to roughly 1/5th their full model poly count/vertices but at a certain point it breaks the shape and UVs. And yes I inherited the NiTriShape names and structure of the model.

I realize that on a big scale with many references (Tamriel worldspace mostly) these models wouldn't be ideal. But Solstheim is too small for any impact probably.

Edited by Phlunder

7 hours ago, sheson said:

There is no error in the debug log you posted.

Generating Rendered Tree/Grass Billboard with Happy Little Trees 1.01 and Happy Little Trees Add-On - DynDOLOD 3 1.0 I do have these files in the TexGen output:

dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk.txt
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_1.dds
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_1_n.dds
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_2.dds
dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_4eaf2dff_trunk_2_n.dds

I get the same for all trunks as expected, there is no missing _1 or _2 after _trunk.

I can confirm the output is as expected. Sorry for the false alarm. I should have checked the output and generated DynDOLOD myself.

I just ran DynDOLOD without issue for these textures, so this confirms my false supposition. The only way I can think of that DynDOLOD complains about these textures is if the TexGen output is wrong somehow. Or the AV/OS security issue.

4 hours ago, Phlunder said:

Thanks for all the helpful insight. I am not sure how to check triangle count after generating LOD. Are you referring to the model in the BTO mesh? Regarding UVs, for these models it was relatively easy to get them in the 1x1 range, as they were in 2x2 range by default. It was just daunting to do that for models like the glaciers.

The models are indeed very small so I'll see what works best there, maybe isn't necessary to have them in all LOD stages. For now I just created a single LOD model for each object. I know that this wouldn't work with ones that have many references. The models also aren't as optimized as the ones in the DynDOLOD Resources or vanilla game, I am aware of that. I always try to reduce them to roughly 1/5th their full model poly count/vertices but at a certain point it breaks the shape and UVs. And yes I inherited the NiTriShape names and structure of the model.

I realize that on a big scale with many references (Tamriel worldspace mostly) these models wouldn't be ideal. But Solstheim is too small for any impact probably.

Check triangle count in Blender of the LOD model NIF before/after changing the UV. If it increases a lot, then tiled textures should help.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Check triangle count in Blender of the LOD model NIF before/after changing the UV. If it increases a lot, then tiled textures should help.

I didn't see an increase. Not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place though. I brought the UVs into the 1x1 range with NifSkope. Covered all Riekling architecture now. They all use shared textures from the atlas, and it all works on the fly when generating with DynDOLOD, very nice! They are probably still a bit too detailed, but I guess its fine:

17023045187728834560_20220109224524_1.pn 17023045187728834560_20220109224854_1.pn 17023045187728834560_20220109230234_1.pn