DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

ya, also very unimpressed, picking up on errors it shouldn't be..... this Dyn 3 is waaaay too ignorant and picky, can't use my own output locations like i could with 2.96 and also cant seem to create ANY dyndolod without silly errors like this! 

Unresolved FormID [02006718] [Content] [02006718] < Error: Could not be resolved 2 >XATR - Attach Ref Error in Dawnguard.esm [REFR:02015DC3] (places sc_towerfloatingrocks02 [STAT:02010BAD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC01SoulCairnCraterKeeper [CELL:02002C75] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 6,3))

i am NOT messing with vanilla files to appease a 3rd party tool..... back to Dyn 2.96 i go!

Edited by ex0-tekk

2 hours ago, Tetrol88 said:

Unimpressed with trying to run 3.00. Non LOD related errors being picked up in mods I have run for ages (and not rejected by Dyndolod), and Dyndolod just rejects them. If I wanted the police I would call them. 

If broken plugins or badly made mods cause error messages, then the broken plugin or badly made mod is the problem and not the messenger. 

There is no such thing as "non LOD related errors". Errors are  problems that prevent the patching process from running without... errors.

DynDOLOD is a patcher based on xEdit. If you believe the xEdit error check is making wrong reports about errors, I suggest to make a bug report on the xEdit discord. 
If you believe DynDOLOD is making a wrong error report, see the first post what logfile to include when making posts.
If you need help fixing errors in plugins or the load order, see the first post what logfiles to include when making posts and ask qualified questions about it.

9 minutes ago, ex0-tekk said:

these errors never happened with 2.96 ?? 

If you believe the xEdit error check is making wrong reports about errors, I suggest to make a bug report on the xEdit discord. 
If you believe DynDOLOD is making a wrong error report, see the first post what logfile to include when making posts.
If you need help fixing errors in plugins or the load order, see the first post what logfiles to include when making posts and ask qualified questions about it.

17 minutes ago, ex0-tekk said:

i post an error when i get an error....but either way , 2.96 works for me, 3.0 does not .... i dont have time to troubleshoot this tool, i'll wait till this is a working beta version :)

If there are broken plugins or mods in the load orders and they are reported properly by DynDOLOD 3 alpha, then there is no bug and everything is working as it should.

Errors in the load order need to be fixed regardless of which tool reports them. Ignoring errors in the load order or silencing the messenger is just wasting time.

My apologies Sheson, as it turns out, this error was an issue related to the custom cleaned master files I was using for my large Wabbajack mod list ( which WJ requires )....... so i replaced them with friendly Dyn3 master files from a friend who also uses Dyn 3 with a large mod list, giving it a go now.

Im a Dyndolod noob despite using it for years now, and alot of the words used to explain how this tool works in any-and-all manuals are still difficult for me to understand, so these errors where a bit intimidating since 2.96 " just works " ... i also wish i could have the same folder structure like before within these tools, when i compile my LODs within MO2 using Dyn 2.96, they where immediately unloaded into my Modlist folder accordingly without issue, now i need to manually move them, is there a reason Dyn 3 is restricting this feature now?

Edited by ex0-tekk

1 hour ago, ex0-tekk said:

My apologies Sheson, as it turns out, this error was an issue related to the custom cleaned master files I was using for my large Wabbajack mod list ( which WJ requires )....... so i replaced them with friendly Dyn3 master files from a friend who also uses Dyn 3 with a large mod list, giving it a go now.

Im a Dyndolod noob despite using it for years now, and alot of the words used to explain how this tool works in any-and-all manuals are still difficult for me to understand, so these errors where a bit intimidating since 2.96 " just works " ... i also wish i could have the same folder structure like before within these tools, when i compile my LODs within MO2 using Dyn 2.96, they where immediately unloaded into my Modlist folder accordingly without issue, now i need to manually move them, is there a reason Dyn 3 is restricting this feature now?

Already answered.

Dyn 2.96 let me use the folders i wanted, in order to place the files directly from my MO2 compile, into the appropriate LOD output folders.
Dyn 3.0 Does not.... 'why' is all i wanted to know .. so referring to my previous post outlining my problem is redundant, a simple answer or direct link explaining why this is now mandatory may have been more helpful, however, my bigger initial problem is solved, i guess i'll just be forced to move the output folders after every compile, just seems like a step backwards from 2.96 functionality.

Edited by ex0-tekk

1 hour ago, ex0-tekk said:

I must say, after running Dyn 3 for SkyrimVR there is MAJOR visual improvements over 2.96, thanks for the updates Sheson!

Exactly. @Tetrol88 and other like-minded individuals would do well to troubleshoot their issues and provide the needed alpha feedback to address any bugs so that v3 can evolve to it's potential, which is vastly superior to v2 (which is in beta, BTW, so it's not full stable anyway).

We should all be working to help get v3 to it's first 'stable' release. In my opinion, the inconveniences mentioned are good quality-validation gates that should not be ignored. Not so much bugs with DynDOLOD/xEdit as bugs with mods. If they are false-positives with respect to validation, then we need to be exposing them so that sheson and the xEdit devs can address them.

6 hours ago, ex0-tekk said:

Dyn 2.96 let me use the folders i wanted, in order to place the files directly from my MO2 compile, into the appropriate LOD output folders.
Dyn 3.0 Does not.... 'why' is all i wanted to know .. so referring to my previous post outlining my problem is redundant, a simple answer or direct link explaining why this is now mandatory may have been more helpful, however, my bigger initial problem is solved, i guess i'll just be forced to move the output folders after every compile, just seems like a step backwards from 2.96 functionality.

The "why" not to generate in game or mod manager folder is because of  7 years worth of posts from users with access issues including corrupted files and destroyed load orders. The "why" is that some users blame the tools instead of themselves for not following the instructions.

The checks in older DynDOLOD version are just not as thorough. So the path checking functionality has been improved as well.