DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

9 hours ago, PRieST said:

Ok, will have to take a look into how to create mesh rules again, to solve these two positions, thanks for the headsup (they are from Enhanced Landscapes - Dead Marsh)

Ah, I used the old LODpack and had it just overwritten with the new MM LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3, so maybe there are still some old files left, I'll check this again. DynDOLOD Resources are installed in version 11 (old ones deleted and replaced completely).

Edit: Oh, and the 'VolcanicPlateau' ones were created by myself to better fit for a personal edit of 'Better Dirt Cliffs and Alphas', so I think these won't fit anymore together with DynDOLOD 3.
I even created a plugin for the use of the textures and it worked well ingame (with DynDOLOD 2), I post a screenshot of it for the moment:

hgcowpb3.jpg

Edit2:
Ok, the MiniAtlas and the tundra/rock entries are solved after I redownloaded the DynDOLOD Resources and MM LOD Pack (removed the old files this time).
What's left now are my own lod meshes for the 'Volcanic Plateaus'.
What do I have to do, to make these work together with DynDOLOD 3?

Here is the plugin and my 'lod' creations: FileUpload

If you made those LOD models by copying existing one and then replaced the stitched object LOD textures with new stitched object LOD textures you can just delete the LOD models, so the ones from DynDOLOD Resources 3 take over again.

The updated LOD models in DynDOLOD Resources define the full textures just as its corresponding full model. When LOD is generated the full textures are replaced with the stitched object LOD textures on the fly. 
If the stitched object LOD texture does not exist because the full texture are being replaced on the record, the required stitched object LOD texture will automatically be created by DynDOLOD before it creates the object LOD atlas.
If there are already TexGen rules for the new stitched object LOD textures, make sure the miniatlas (e.g. 2x2, 4x4 etc.) for the replacement textures match with the miniatlas for the full textures.

If the 3D shape is different in those LOD models from the ones in DynDOLOD Resources let me know for further explanations.

21 hours ago, z929669 said:

Looks like you may be using Alpha 33 where trunk billboard path references were incorrect. Did you grab the latest Alpha and Resources versions from the OP?

Doesn't utilize your CPU(s)? That's not possible.

In my XP, the latest Alphas have increased in performance and my runs are faster.

Anyway, sheson will want to see your logs and a bugreport.txt as described in the OP ... else, he cannot help you troubleshoot.

My bad. I was missing the latest VC_redist. Runs perfectly fine now.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

If you made those LOD models by copying existing one and then replaced the stitched object LOD textures with new stitched object LOD textures you can just delete the LOD models, so the ones from DynDOLOD Resources 3 take over again.

The updated LOD models in DynDOLOD Resources define the full textures just as its corresponding full model. When LOD is generated the full textures are replaced with the stitched object LOD textures on the fly. 
If the stitched object LOD texture does not exist because the full texture are being replaced on the record, the required stitched object LOD texture will automatically be created by DynDOLOD before it creates the object LOD atlas.
If there are already TexGen rules for the new stitched object LOD textures, make sure the miniatlas (e.g. 2x2, 4x4 etc.) for the replacement textures match with the miniatlas for the full textures.

If the 3D shape is different in those LOD models from the ones in DynDOLOD Resources let me know for further explanations.

I thinkt I haven't understood everything in detail, but let the files from DynDOLOD Resources win the conflict solves the 'issue'.

I even changed the correspinding textures from 'dirtcliff01' to 'volcanictundradirt01' and the warning doesn't pops up, so I think this wil work? The full model has infact the same textures applied in my case.

So, is the plugin I created long time ago obsolete? I even have no clue anymore, why I did this. I think I know, why I created this, but I don't know if I sill need the lod files like 'meshes\lod\volcanic\sulfur\volcanicplateau01sulfur_lod_0.nif' which were part of DynDOLOD Resources some versions ago or from DynDOLOD 2, I don't know, maybe these are obsolete with DynDOLOD 3?

Edit:
For the two 'mushroom' warnings were the full model = LOD model, I created following rules

LODGen40=EncLand_Mushroom02,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Far LOD,Unchanged,1

LODGen41=EncLand_Mushroom01,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Far LOD,Unchanged,1

which I copied from

LODGen35=mushroomtree,Static LOD4,Static LOD8,Static LOD16,Far LOD,Unchanged,1

as these are no tree records, but static.
I also edited the lod files 'Enhanced Landscapes\meshes\dyndolod\lod\enclandmushrooms\mushroom03_lod' and '...\mushroom04_lod' to use some smaller LOD textures (256x256), deleted the BSX file inside the mesh and changed it do 'default' instead of using a 'glowmap'. I am not able to do mesh optimizations, as I have no clue on how to do this. 

The warnings from DynDOLOD are gone, but was it correct what I did there or will these edits cause any problems in future?

Edited by PRieST

54 minutes ago, PRieST said:

I thinkt I haven't understood everything in detail, but let the files from DynDOLOD Resources win the conflict solves the 'issue'.

I even changed the correspinding textures from 'dirtcliff01' to 'volcanictundradirt01' and the warning doesn't pops up, so I think this wil work? The full model has infact the same textures applied in my case.

So, is the plugin I created long time ago obsolete? I even have no clue anymore, why I did this. I think I know, why I created this, but I don't know if I sill need the lod files like 'meshes\lod\volcanic\sulfur\volcanicplateau01sulfur_lod_0.nif' which were part of DynDOLOD Resources some versions ago or from DynDOLOD 2, I don't know, maybe these are obsolete with DynDOLOD 3?

This just recently changed with DynDOLOD 3 alpha 34. The texture specific LOD model files are obsolete now for all LOD models that are made of only stitched object LOD textures. That is all automatic now. You can remove those and it should still work with the texture replacements now done automatically with main LOD model file that matches the full model filename.

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

This just recently changed with DynDOLOD 3 alpha 34. The texture specific LOD model files are obsolete now for all LOD models that are made of only stitched object LOD textures. That is all automatic now. You can remove those and it should still work with the texture replacements now done automatically with main LOD model file that matches the full model filename.

Ha, missed that in the changelog, thanks for clarification. No errors so far with Alpha 39.

Beside that I got a ton of (some examples):

Warning: Overwritten large reference in ELFX - Exteriors.esp [REFR:000920EE] (places FXAmbSnowBlowingPlane [MSTT:000197C7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000B3B1] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 34,16))

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:000FFEEE] (places WHvalunstrad37 [STAT:000FFECD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00038385] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 31,9))

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in JKs Skyrim.esp [REFR:00038667] (places SnowDriftM01 [STAT:0006021F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WindhelmPalaceOfTheKingsExterior [CELL:00038380] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 32,10))

But I can't get rid of them, I even tried to seit the .esm flag for ELFX - Exterios and run the 'Skyrim SE - Generate Large References' with xEdit, but after doing so the .esp can't be loaded if I try to run DynDOLOD and I have to close it. But maybe this is the wrong way to fix it?

Edited by PRieST

Hey Sheson,

Just found out about Version 3! So of course I had to download it and try it out.

TexGen went without a hitch (one error)

However when trying to do the lod gen I got this message:  Load order FileID [32] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esp". Can you tell me what this means exactly? Does it mean that load order esp (Blackthorn manor in this case) is causing the problem. If so, is there anything I can do about it myself?

Just in case, I have also uploaded the needed logs to Mega.

Thanks for any help/ info you can provided. And for your amazing work!

11 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Ha, missed that in the changelog, thanks for clarification. No errors so far with Alpha 39.

Beside that I got a ton of

Warning: Overwritten large reference in ELFX - Exteriors.esp [REFR:000920EE] (places FXAmbSnowBlowingPlane [MSTT:000197C7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000B3B1] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 34,16))

But I can't get rid of them, I even tried to seit the .esm flag for ELFX - Exterios and run the 'Skyrim SE - Generate Large References' with xEdit, but after doing so the .esp can't be loaded if I try to run DynDOLOD and I have to close it. But maybe this is the wrong way to fix it?

Why can't the esp not be loaded? I s there no error message? Check if xEdit loads it and error check it.

44 minutes ago, sheson said:

Why can't the esp not be loaded? I s there no error message? Check if xEdit loads it and error check it.

I did it again with the following result:
I set the .esm Flag, saved the plugin, loaded xEdit again and applied the script and saved again.
I now can open everything in xEdit, but if I check for errors I get these

WRLD \ Large References \ RNAM - Grid \ References \ Reference #0 \ Ref -> [0D02053F] < Error: Could not be resolved >

And in DynDOLOD I get this error message

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [0D02053F]

[Content]
RNAM - Grid References Reference #0 Ref [0D02053F] < Error: Could not be resolved 2 >Ref
Error in ELFX - Exteriors.esp Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C]

Help for this message

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE BROKEN PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

And it points to the help site 'Unresolved FormID'.
So beeing at this point, I don't know what to do with these informations.

Edited by PRieST

40 minutes ago, PRieST said:

I did it again with the following result:
I set the .esm Flag, saved the plugin, loaded xEdit again and applied the script and saved again.
I now can open everything in xEdit, but if I check for errors I get these

WRLD \ Large References \ RNAM - Grid \ References \ Reference #0 \ Ref -> [0D02053F] < Error: Could not be resolved >

And in DynDOLOD I get this error message

And it points to the help site 'Unresolved FormID'.
So beeing at this point, I don't know what to do with these informations.

Something went terrible wrong when generating the large references. Try with this script.

Skyrim SE - Generate Large References.pas

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

Something went terrible wrong when generating the large references. Try with this script.

Skyrim SE - Generate Large References.pas 12.82 kB · 0 downloads

Ok, seems that the script was indeed broken, but I have never replaced it, don't know why this happened.

Your script worked, it was faster and did it's jop. Will have to do this with some more plugins now I think.

<Warning: Initially disabled large reference in ELFX - Exteriors.esp [REFR:000B9CD7] (places FXMistLow01LongHalfVis [MSTT:0007776E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000092DB] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at -14,22))>

Ok, so how do I solve the 'initally disabled' warnings, will I have to reenable them, even if they are disabled on purpose?