DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

24 minutes ago, Feuerkl1nge said:

At least on ressources alpha 11 I can't install that cow for worshipping. MO2 says:

[2021-08-29 12:30:04.613 E] File 'https://mega.nz/file/QdZgUZoL#7wfJuR1-uU7Du7SDy_vcuuPkUDfwGjMN9XlwU_0WD2E' not found.

Please help me!

No idea where you got that mega URL from. Use the links from the first post.

I'm simply not generating anything when I press Start. It says 'Wait a minute...' then goes to the Exit screen with no errors. I've used Alpha plenty of times before and this is the first time I've come across this error so it's likely on my end. Thank you for your time.

I just installed the new dyndolod alpha 39 + resources alpha 11 and now it doesn't utilize my CPUs anymore and takes 1h30 instead of ~15min. I switched back to 33/09 and it works as expected again. It ran with higher CPU UTIL and finished in 17min (1.9Gb). I make a new run with alpha 39 again to get logs. Thanks for all the great work.

Hello, I am having a weird issue I can not figure out. I installed everything, and had no problems, or so I thought. When I got into Riften, I noticed several purple markers off in the distance. After trying multiple retry's and such, I decided to go through and test each of the LOD generators one at a time in game. Both LODgen and TEXGEN are fine, no problems at all, when DynDOLOD is added or even loaded by itself, that is when I get them and see it even on my map. I'm not sure what else to try, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Everything else is amazing looking and my LOD's have never looked better.

Skyrim Special Edition 8_29_2021 11_18_28 AM (Medium) (Mobile).png

Skyrim Special Edition 8_29_2021 11_19_34 AM (Medium) (Mobile).png

Skyrim Special Edition 8_29_2021 11_19_47 AM (Medium) (Mobile).png

13 minutes ago, MacedonianMuse said:

Hello, I am having a weird issue I can not figure out. I installed everything, and had no problems, or so I thought. When I got into Riften, I noticed several purple markers off in the distance. After trying multiple retry's and such, I decided to go through and test each of the LOD generators one at a time in game. Both LODgen and TEXGEN are fine, no problems at all, when DynDOLOD is added or even loaded by itself, that is when I get them and see it even on my map. I'm not sure what else to try, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Everything else is amazing looking and my LOD's have never looked better.

Looks like you may be using Alpha 33 where trunk billboard path references were incorrect. Did you grab the latest Alpha and Resources versions from the OP?

9 hours ago, kewiz said:

I just installed the new dyndolod alpha 39 + resources alpha 11 and now it doesn't utilize my CPUs anymore and takes 1h30 instead of ~15min. I switched back to 33/09 and it works as expected again. It ran with higher CPU UTIL and finished in 17min (1.9Gb). I make a new run with alpha 39 again to get logs. Thanks for all the great work.

Doesn't utilize your CPU(s)? That's not possible.

In my XP, the latest Alphas have increased in performance and my runs are faster.

Anyway, sheson will want to see your logs and a bugreport.txt as described in the OP ... else, he cannot help you troubleshoot.

37 minutes ago, MacedonianMuse said:

Read the first post what logfiles to include when make reports.

The LOD with the purple color means their texture can not be found. Check the DynDOLOD log for Can not find file *.dds messages.

Hey, I get some warnings and I just don't know how to solve them. As mentioned some posts earliere in a few versions of DynDOLOD 3 prior Alpha 39 these warnings weren't detected/shown at all.

[00:10] <Warning: LOD model meshes\dyndolod\lod\enclandmushrooms\mushroom03_lod.nif has same CRC32 as full model Meshes\enclandmushrooms\mushroom03.nif Enhanced Landscapes - Dead Marsh.esp EncLand_Mushroom02 [STAT:22009F09]>

[00:10] <Warning: LOD model meshes\dyndolod\lod\enclandmushrooms\mushroom04_lod.nif has same CRC32 as full model Meshes\enclandmushrooms\mushroom04.nif Enhanced Landscapes - Dead Marsh.esp EncLand_Mushroom01 [STAT:2200F05E]>

[00:12] <Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamStraight01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamstraight01.nif -> textures\lod\tundra01lod.dds in tundrastreamstraight01tundra_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm TundraStreamStraight01Tundra01 [STAT:0001608F]>

[00:15] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicSteamPool01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicsteampool01.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicsteampool01_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicSteamPool01Sulfur [STAT:000DADE2]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "RockPileL01:1 - L2_RockPileL01:1 - L1_RockPileL01:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rockpilel01.nif -> textures\lod\caverocks01lod.dds in rockpilel01caverocks01_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm RockPileL01CaveDirt [STAT:00091B2A]>

[00:17] <Warning: Mini atlas for replacement texture textures\dungeons\caves\caverocks01.dds appears to be different to mini atlas for textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds for Skyrim.esm RockPileL01CaveDirt [STAT:00091B2A]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "RockPileL01:9": textures\landscape\rocks01.dds in rockpilel01.nif -> textures\lod\cavebaseground01lod.dds in rockpilel01caverocks01_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm RockPileL01CaveDirt [STAT:00091B2A]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamStraight01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamstraight01.nif -> textures\lod\reachgrass01lod.dds in tundrastreamstraight01reach_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm TundraStreamStraight01Reachmoss [STAT:0001ECEB]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateauC:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateauc.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateauc_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicPlateauCSulfur [STAT:000897D0]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicSteamPool02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicsteampool02.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicsteampool02_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicSteamPool02Sulfur [STAT:000897CC]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau02.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateau02_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicPlateau02 [STAT:00086789]>

[00:17] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateauC:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateauc.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateauc_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicPlateauC [STAT:00081396]>

[00:18] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicSteamPool02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicsteampool02.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicsteampool02_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicSteamPool02 [STAT:0007D44F]>

[00:18] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau01.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateau01_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicPlateau01 [STAT:0007D448]>

[00:20] <Warning: Textures do not match for "RockAnimalDen01:0 - L2_RockAnimalDen:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rockanimalden01.nif -> textures\lod\tundrarocks01lod.dds in rockanimalden01tundrarocks_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm RockAnimalDenTundraRocks01 [STAT:000C3953]>

[00:22] <Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamStraight01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamstraight01.nif -> textures\lod\coastbeach01lod.dds in tundrastreamstraight01coast_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm TundraStreamStraight01Coast01 [STAT:00017CD1]>

[00:22] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicSteamPool01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicsteampool01.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicsteampool01_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicSteamPool01 [STAT:000713C6]>

[00:22] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau01.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateau01_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicPlateau01Sulfur [STAT:000998CC]>

[00:22] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau02.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateau02_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm VolcanicPlateau02Sulfur [STAT:000998C8]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateauC:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateauc.nif -> textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateaucscdirt2_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm DLC01Plateau03SoulCairnDirt02 [STAT:020058A1]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau02.nif -> textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateau02scdirt2_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm DLC01Plateau02SoulCairnDirt02 [STAT:0200589F]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau01.nif -> textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt02lod.dds in volcanicplateau01scdirt2_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm DLC01Plateau01SoulCairnDirt02 [STAT:0200589D]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateauC:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateauc.nif -> textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt01lod.dds in volcanicplateaucscdirt1_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm DLC01Plateau03SoulCairnDirt01 [STAT:02005890]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau02.nif -> textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt01lod.dds in volcanicplateau02scdirt1_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm DLC01Plateau02SoulCairnDirt01 [STAT:0200588F]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau01.nif -> textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01soulcairndirt01lod.dds in volcanicplateau01scdirt1_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm DLC01Plateau01SoulCairnDirt01 [STAT:0200588E]>

[00:23] <Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamStraight01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamstraight01.nif -> textures\lod\volcanictundradirt02lod.dds in tundrastreamstraight01volcanic_lod_0.nif for Dawnguard.esm TundraStreamStraight01VolcanicTundra01 [STAT:02004A8E]>

[00:24] <Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamStraight01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamstraight01.nif -> textures\lod\pineforest02lod.dds in tundrastreamstraight01green_lod_0.nif for Skyrim.esm TundraStreamStraight01PineForest02 [STAT:0005957B]>

[00:25] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau01:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau01.nif -> textures\dlc02\lod\volcanic_ash_03lod.dds in volcanicplateau01volcanicash_lod_0.nif for Dragonborn.esm VolcanicPlateau01VolcanicAsh01 [STAT:04017E9F]>

[00:25] <Warning: Textures do not match for "VolcanicPlateau02:0": textures\landscape\volcanictundradirt01.dds in volcanicplateau02.nif -> textures\dlc02\lod\volcanic_ash_03lod.dds in volcanicplateau02volcanicash_lod_0.nif for Dragonborn.esm VolcanicPlateau02VolcanicAsh01 [STAT:04017E9D]>[/CODE][/SPOILER]

Here are the DynDOLOD_SSE.log and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug.log: Logs.rar

Hopefully someone could help me with these kind of errors, especially the 'Textures do not match' ones. I don't exactly know yet, if these would cause some odd behaviors ingame.

Edited by PRieST

Sorry, this is all new and confusing for me. I think I know the problem. I am thinking I grabbed the Resource pack for Skyrim and not the one for Skyrim SE, which is what I have. I am going to do a clean install for both and see if that clears up the issue.

Again, sorry for not doing this question right, I struggle with comprehending new things. I'll get my daughter to come over and read through all this better for me.

26 minutes ago, MacedonianMuse said:

Sorry, this is all new and confusing for me. I think I know the problem. I am thinking I grabbed the Resource pack for Skyrim and not the one for Skyrim SE, which is what I have. I am going to do a clean install for both and see if that clears up the issue.

Again, sorry for not doing this question right, I struggle with comprehending new things. I'll get my daughter to come over and read through all this better for me.

Wrong Resources version/type would have given you an error when launching DynDOLOD and you would not have been able to continue, I think. Re-downloading the latest alpha and resources and installing app into a clean directory should resolve either way though.

1 hour ago, PRieST said:

Hey, I get some warnings and I just don't know how to solve them. As mentioned some posts earliere in a few versions of DynDOLOD 3 prior Alpha 39 these warnings weren't detected/shown at all.

Reveal hidden contents

Here are the DynDOLOD_SSE.log and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug.log: Logs.rar

Hopefully someone could help me with these kind of errors, especially the 'Textures do not match' ones. I don't exactly know yet, if these would cause some odd behaviors ingame.

..DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html explains:

LOD model * has same CRC32 as full model
A full model was copied 1:1 to a LOD model filename instead of using the recommended and easier mesh rules.

A mod author was lazy and didn't really create a dedicated LOD model and also didn't use a mesh rule to simply define the full model for LOD.
It will work but is not ideal in terms of compatibility and future proofing the mod.

Textures do not match for *: *.dds in *.nif -> *.dds in *.nif
There are outdated LOD resources in the load order. Install the latest DynDOLOD Resources. Check if 3rd party LOD resources for mods have versions specficially for DynDOLOD 3 and install them instead of older versions.

In particular, make sure to install the MM LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3 as explained in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html.
If you already did that (and also removed the old LODpack for DynDOLOD 2), the mentioned LOD meshes might be from another mod and I'd like to know which one.

Message about the minitatlas will have the same reason as textures not matching.

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

..DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html explains:

LOD model * has same CRC32 as full model
A full model was copied 1:1 to a LOD model filename instead of using the recommended and easier mesh rules.

A mod author was lazy and didn't really create a dedicated LOD model.

Ok, will have to take a look into how to create mesh rules again, to solve these two positions, thanks for the headsup (they are from Enhanced Landscapes - Dead Marsh)

Textures do not match for *: *.dds in *.nif -> *.dds in *.nif
There are outdated LOD resources in the load order. Install the latest DynDOLOD Resources. Check if 3rd party LOD resources for mods have versions specficially for DynDOLOD 3 and install them instead of older versions.

In particular, make sure to install the MM LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3 as explained in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html.
If you already did that (and also removed the old LODpack for DynDOLOD 2), the mentioned LOD meshes might be from another mod and I'd like to know which one.

Ah, I used the old LODpack and had it just overwritten with the new MM LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3, so maybe there are still some old files left, I'll check this again. DynDOLOD Resources are installed in version 11 (old ones deleted and replaced completely).

Edit: Oh, and the 'VolcanicPlateau' ones were created by myself to better fit for a personal edit of 'Better Dirt Cliffs and Alphas', so I think these won't fit anymore together with DynDOLOD 3.
I even created a plugin for the use of the textures and it worked well ingame (with DynDOLOD 2), I post a screenshot of it for the moment:

hgcowpb3.jpg

Edit2:
Ok, the MiniAtlas and the tundra/rock entries are solved after I redownloaded the DynDOLOD Resources and MM LOD Pack (removed the old files this time).
What's left now are my own lod meshes for the 'Volcanic Plateaus'.
What do I have to do, to make these work together with DynDOLOD 3?

Here is the plugin and my 'lod' creations: FileUpload

Edited by PRieST