DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

3 hours ago, sheson said:

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html
Textures do not match for *: *.dds in *.nif -> *.dds in *.nif
There are outdated LOD resources in the load order. Install the latest DynDOLOD Resources. Check if 3rd party LOD resources for mods have versions specifically for DynDOLOD 3 and install them instead of older versions.

Make sure to read the first post "Requirements" and/or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html "Compatibility - Some Assembly Required".

Especially the part about Majestic Mountains and making sure there are no old resources installed.

Reinstalled the MM lod pack and MM itself and no luck , I have to owerwrite them with Dyndolod Resources to fix it. No other mod has updated billbords or lod resources. And the logs keep pointing to textures\landscape\dirt02.dds 

Fresh logs:dyndolod debug Dyndolod log

11 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

Reinstalled the MM lod pack and MM itself and no luck , I have to owerwrite them with Dyndolod Resources to fix it. No other mod has updated billbords or lod resources. And the logs keep pointing to textures\landscape\dirt02.dds 

Fresh logs:dyndolod debug Dyndolod log

Check which mod is supplying the outdated meshes from the warning message, like rockcaveentrance01cobble_lod_0.nif, rockpilel04cobble_lod_0.nif, rockcliff01fall_lod_1.nif etc.

I'm using DynDOLOD to generate an underside mesh, but no matter what I do I can't seem to stop it from poking through the regular terrain. I've tried changing the quality and position settings several times, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm attaching a screenshot to show the issue. It's especially evident on the throat of the world. You can see the lighter colored underside mesh sticking through the mountain, causing a very unnatural "banded" look. Can someone please tell me if this is the expected result, or if I'm just doing something wrong? The settings used for the screenshot are -1000 position and 5 quality, but like I said, I've seen the very same issue with the default settings and others that I've tried. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I realize the picture isn't very clear. I can take another one in clearer weather if the issue isn't visible enough.

ScreenShot1769.png

Edited by nolbear

8 hours ago, nolbear said:

I'm using DynDOLOD to generate an underside mesh, but no matter what I do I can't seem to stop it from poking through the regular terrain. I've tried changing the quality and position settings several times, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm attaching a screenshot to show the issue. It's especially evident on the throat of the world. You can see the lighter colored underside mesh sticking through the mountain, causing a very unnatural "banded" look. Can someone please tell me if this is the expected result, or if I'm just doing something wrong? The settings used for the screenshot are -1000 position and 5 quality, but like I said, I've seen the very same issue with the default settings and others that I've tried. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I realize the picture isn't very clear. I can take another one in clearer weather if the issue isn't visible enough.

ScreenShot1769.png

Increase the Static Object LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkuUI MCM Settings, with BethINI, the launcher or directly in SkyrimPrefs.INI

Also generate terrain LOD with xLODGen in case it isn't.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

Increase the Static Object LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkuUI MCM Settings, with BethINI, the launcher or directly in SkyrimPrefs.INI

Also generate terrain LOD with xLODGen in case it isn't.

Thank you for the quick response! Messing with the MCM settings did help a lot, and also made my LOD a lot prettier with seemingly minimal performance loss. Don't know why I never tried adjusting those before... Thanks so much!

I was told to repost this here, Dyndolod giving me this warning 

[00:20] <Warning: LOD model meshes\lod\flyingcrow_lod.nif has same CRC32 as full model Meshes\crow\flyingcrow.nif FlyingCrowsSSE.esp FlyingCrow_FLOCK "Crow" [MSTT:FE02080A]>
[00:20] <Warning: LOD model contains controller block: meshes\lod\flyingcrow_lod.nif FlyingCrowsSSE.esp FlyingCrow_FLOCK "Crow" [MSTT:FE02080A]>

And the logs https://ufile.io/f/yqnwr (no bugreport.log was generated)

46 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

I was told to repost this here, Dyndolod giving me this warning 

And the logs https://ufile.io/f/yqnwr (no bugreport.log was generated)

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html:

LOD model * has same CRC32 as full model
A full model was copied 1:1 to a LOD model filename instead of using the recommended and easier mesh rules.

As explained earlier, a mod author was lazy and didn't really create a dedicated LOD model and also didn't use a mesh rule to simply define the full model for LOD. It will work but is not ideal in terms of compatibility and future proofing the mod.

LOD model contains controller block
A LOD model might be using animation or other features that are not supported by object LOD. Create a dedicated object LOD model, use appropriate mesh rules instead or create a dedicated dynamic LOD model.

A confused mod author made a NIF that contains animation and gave it the file name convention for static object LOD. Static object LOD does not support animation.

Delete the LOD file and add a mesh rule so that the full model will always be used for dynamic LOD.
The mesh rule farmhousewindmillfan serves as a good example how to do this, since that rule also makes sure the animation does not reset when the cells attach.

The manual also explains rules and how to include the with mods since years.

Hi I have the problem that my Texgen just instantly stops after pressing start.

I made sure to install Dyndolod fresh into a new folder and also selected all available 3 options in the texgen generation.

I am using MO2 as my mod manager if that helps.

Texgen message in question:

====================

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Exit TexGen, check log or restart?

[Exit TexGen] [Check log] [Restart]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

====================

Here are the required logs:

bugreport.txt

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Thanks for your help.

41 minutes ago, Miulle said:

Hi I have the problem that my Texgen just instantly stops after pressing start.

I made sure to install Dyndolod fresh into a new folder and also selected all available 3 options in the texgen generation.

I am using MO2 as my mod manager if that helps.

Texgen message in question:

====================

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Exit TexGen, check log or restart?

[Exit TexGen] [Check log] [Restart]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

====================

Here are the required logs:

bugreport.txt

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried following the installation instructions?

"Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders."

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-39/?do=findComment&comment=249359
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-39/?do=findComment&comment=249374
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-39/?do=findComment&comment=249490
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-39/?do=findComment&comment=249545
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-39/?do=findComment&comment=249720
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-39/?do=findComment&comment=249869

What is going on here with my tree lods. I'm using hybrid lods. These are TreePineForest01 and TreePineForestSnow01.
To the left are the loaded trees. To the right the hybrid lods.

20210904114651_1.thumb.jpg.c506e77013d16e69db3a31cadcaf3d5e.jpg20210904114700_1.thumb.jpg.b15c7c02ef0bcdcdba65958a918cd28d.jpg

For some reason the snow01 hybrid lod crown looks less dense. This is despite the fact that the loaded tree models are exactly the same with only differing textures.
I have looked through my hybrid lod nifs and they are also appear the same with again only differing texture paths. Yet despite this, when I copy over the Pine01 hybrid nif and replace the Snow01 hybrid the right lod looks correct albeit with incorrect textures.

Edit: So after moving replacing the textures to the snowpine leaves I once again saw a regression back to the less dense lod. So the issue is something related to the texture. But I'm not sure what since it is mipmapped.

image.thumb.png.3985ebbe01517fe3672df6658929ab8c.png

Edited by AiElias

28 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Edit: So after moving replacing the textures to the snowpine leaves I once again saw a regression back to the less dense lod. So the issue is something related to the texture. But I'm not sure what since it is mipmapped.

So going one step further and copying the texture from the leaves of Pine01 and replacing the leave texture of Snow01, I'm still seeing the same issue which seems counter intuitive if it was an issue with the texture. Yet it is the case.

51 minutes ago, AiElias said:

What is going on here with my tree lods. I'm using hybrid lods. These are TreePineForest01 and TreePineForestSnow01.
To the left are the loaded trees. To the right the hybrid lods.

20210904114651_1.thumb.jpg.c506e77013d16e69db3a31cadcaf3d5e.jpg20210904114700_1.thumb.jpg.b15c7c02ef0bcdcdba65958a918cd28d.jpg

For some reason the snow01 hybrid lod crown looks less dense. This is despite the fact that the loaded tree models are exactly the same with only differing textures.
I have looked through my hybrid lod nifs and they are also appear the same with again only differing texture paths. Yet despite this, when I copy over the Pine01 hybrid nif and replace the Snow01 hybrid the right lod looks correct albeit with incorrect textures.

image.thumb.png.3985ebbe01517fe3672df6658929ab8c.png

The different texture has mipmaps generated without alpha-to-coverage. They basically fade into full transparancy.

That is why it is suggested that the hyrbrid crowns should use the same shader and textures as the full models. DynDOLOD will automatically adjust the alpha threshold for LOD and create mipmaps with alpha coverage. Also it will ensure compatibility in case the full textures are replaced. Existing mipmaps are ignored at the time textures are added to the texture atlas. The mipmaps on the texture atlas will always be created from the largest resolution with alpha-to-coverage.

See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html and ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\hybrids\DynDOLOD_CreateHybrid.html

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

The different texture has mipmaps generated without alpha-to-coverage. They basically fade into full transparancy.

I'm probably not understanding something here but if this is the case, why does using the same diffuse on both lods result in a variation? It's because the diffuse crown of the loaded model for snow01 doesn't have alpha-to-coverage mipmap generation?

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

That is why it is suggested that the hyrbrid crowns should use the same shader and textures as the full models.

Is there an option in Dyn 3 at the moment to downscale crown textures? I see no reason that they should be their native 2048x2048 resolution.

30 minutes ago, AiElias said:

I'm probably not understanding something here but if this is the case, why does using the same diffuse on both lods result in a variation? It's because the diffuse crown of the loaded model for snow01 doesn't have alpha-to-coverage mipmap generation?

Is there an option in Dyn 3 at the moment to downscale crown textures? I see no reason that they should be their native 2048x2048 resolution.

If two shapes have the same shader settings and textures but the alpha looks different it is most likely because of the Alpha threshold set on the NiAlphaProperty.

"Max tile size full sets the maximum resolution a single full texture can occupy on the object LOD texture atlas. Typically set to 1/4 of the vertical screen resolution, e.g. 256 for 1080p/1440p, 512 for 2160p etc."

Pay attention to the fact that LOD may not use the texture on the texture atlas because of the UV.