DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

22 minutes ago, VulKun said:

I did check windows event log and there is 2 errors
error module name : usvfs_x64.dll

Post the entire event log entry. All the available information.
Post the logs and bugreport.txt if it exists as explained in the first post when making posts.

usvfs_x64.dll belongs to Mod Organizer. Looks like there is a problem with the mod manager.
Check its logs for hints, refer to its documentation and in case of problems use its appropriate forums/discord for help.

Read the installation instructions from the first post and in the included manual. Do not install DynDOLOD into mod manager folders.
Read the instructions in the included manual, select an output folder that is outside any mod manager and game folders.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Post the entire event log entry. All the available information.
Post the logs and bugreport.txt if it exists as explained in the first post when making posts.

usvfs_x64.dll belongs to Mod Organizer. Looks like there is a problem with the mod manager.
Check its logs for hints, refer to its documentation and in case of problems use its appropriate forums/discord for help.

Read the installation instructions from the first post and in the included manual. Do not install DynDOLOD into mod manager folders.
Read the instructions in the included manual, select an output folder that is outside mod manager and game folders.

can i find 3.0 alpha 1 or newer  ? 

42 minutes ago, VulKun said:

can i find 3.0 alpha 1 or newer  ? 

Read the first post. It has the download links to the latest DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha and the required DynDOLOD Resources 3 Alpha for Skyrim and DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha for Skyrim Special Edition.

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post. It has the download links to the latest DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha and the required DynDOLOD Resources 3 Alpha for Skyrim and DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha for Skyrim Special Edition.

First alpha versions good worked for me but last alpha versions very problems to me

9 minutes ago, VulKun said:

First alpha versions good worked for me but last alpha versions very problems to me

Issues caused by wrong setup or the OS, anti-vir, hardware, mod manager or other 3rd party software are not going to go away by using a long outdated and version of TexGen or DynDOLOD.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

Issues caused by wrong setup or the OS, anti-vir, hardware, mod manager or other 3rd party software are not going to go away by using a long outdated and version of TexGen or DynDOLOD.

dyndolod warnings are normal ? but closed itself this is anormal ?

39 minutes ago, VulKun said:

dyndolod warnings are normal ? but closed itself this is anormal ?

Read the included manual. For example, ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html explains many of the notice and warning log messages.

Programs do not close themselves involuntarily. They shutdown properly when they reach the end of what they are supposed to do or when the user tells them to. Otherwise a program is terminated by the OS, other processes or because of hardware issues. That is outside the control of the program.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the included manual. For example, ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html explains many of the notice and warning log messages.

Programs do not close themselves involuntarily. They shutdown properly when they reach the end of what they are supposed to do or when the user tells them to. Otherwise a program is terminated by the OS, other processes or because of hardware issues. That is outside the control of the program.

I give up for now..

Hello!

I created green variants of the 6 aspen trees and used them to replace some of the placed trees in the "Great Forest of Whiterun Hold" mod.  Works and looks great!  The only issue is the green version of TreeAspen04 isn't recognized by either Dyndolod or Texgen and is skipped.  I suspect I could add a new rule to Dyndolod for that specific mesh if I had to, but how do I get Texgen to make the billboard?  Since it is a small tree (or large bush?) I am ok with LOD4 being a billboard rather than a 3D ultra lod.

I verified it has all the same field values as the other aspen variants, which are all automatically recognized and included by Texgen/Dyndolod.  I added the "has distant lod" flag to see if it would make a difference but it has not.  

AspenGreen04.png

21 minutes ago, vrnord said:

Hello!

I created green variants of the 6 aspen trees and used them to replace some of the placed trees in the "Great Forest of Whiterun Hold" mod.  Works and looks great!  The only issue is the green version of TreeAspen04 isn't recognized by either Dyndolod or Texgen and is skipped.  I suspect I could add a new rule to Dyndolod for that specific mesh if I had to, but how do I get Texgen to make the billboard?  Since it is a small tree (or large bush?) I am ok with LOD4 being a billboard rather than a 3D ultra lod.

I verified it has all the same field values as the other aspen variants, which are all automatically recognized and included by Texgen/Dyndolod.  I added the "has distant lod" flag to see if it would make a difference but it has not.  

AspenGreen04.png

The tree is too small. It's below the threshold set in TesGen_SSE.ini

; automatic tree/grass discovery - base record object bounds Sqrt((X2-X1)^2 + (Y2-Y1)^2 + (Z2-Z1)^2) >= Min[Tree|Grass]ModelVolume
MinTreeModelVolume=512
MinGrassModelVolume=64
; automatic tree/grass discovery - base record object bounds Z2 >= Min[Tree|Grass]ModelHeight
MinTreeModelHeight=256
MinGrassModelHeight=32

See ../DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html

51 minutes ago, vrnord said:

oh I see.  I will see if I can still make a decent billboard manually then!

Thanks

That would be silly :no:

Read the doc I indicated in the DynDOLOD doc directory. You can set a rule to override in a text file:

To force or disable tree/grass LOD billboard creation for a tree or grass, find its line in the file and copy it into a new file with a filename DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_TexGen_Billboards_[modfilenameesp].txt and remove or set ', False' accordingly. As explained above for the object LOD textures generation, the [modfilenameesp] represents the plugin filename with any non alpha numeric characters removed. The file should be in the ..\Data\DynDOLOD\ folder to supersede any files with the same filename in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\ folder.

Obvisouly it is impossible to force creation of a billboard in case the NIF or textures are missing, so pay attention to any error messages.

For example, in order to force tree/grass LOD billboard creation for the TreeAspen04 added by FormID 0005FADA in Skyrim.esm for Skyrim Special Edition, the file path should be ..\Data\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_skyrimesm.txt.

The file should contain a line: Skyrim.esm;0005FADA;TreeAspen04

',False' can also be replaced by ',True' to the same effect. For example, the line can also be: Skyrim.esm;0005FADA;TreeAspen04,True

4 hours ago, RulerOfWorlds said:

Hello, after taking a break from my skyrim game, I went into it and mountains look like this: https://imgur.com/a/srHlf1b

This is after my Pref ini got reset for some reason. 

After doing some testing, I retweaked uLargeRefLODGridSize to 21, which seems to have made it distant, so its not nearly as bad.

Read the first post what logfiles to upload when making posts.

Is this different from LOD generated by DynDOLOD 2.x?

DynDOLOD uses the LOD models and textures it finds in the load order. Looks like there might be wrong rendered mountain LOD textures installed from a mod.
It could also be a problem with one of the snow LOD shaders being modified by a plugin.

There are still people setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to such insane values?
The setting does not change, improve or fix LOD meshes/textures or their settings. It puts a select list of full models into the LOD area. It has visual bugs and is performance intensive.