DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

11 hours ago, z929669 said:

You must post the logs as instructed in the OP. treeaspen02 with CRC32 353a9a39 does not exist in HLT. HLT uses treeaspen02 with CRC32 055a9061.

TexGen will create tree billboards for whatever LOD models it finds (with 'Render' option ticked).

Your aspens are probably from whatever mod is providing treeaspen02 with CRC32 353a9a39, and you likely have no billboards for those LOD meshes, because TexGen didn't find the trunks to render for the billboards.

It's all a guessing game without the logs.

hey thanks, that actually helped me figure out the problem!  I'm not using HLT aspens, but a long time ago I tried them and had installed the 3d lods, and when I uninstalled the aspens I neglected to uninstall the 3d LOD files.  That never mattered until I reran Dyndolod yesterday and it started looking for the HLT CRC32 texture files for the vanilla/RAT 3d lod trunks.  Weird.  Anyway, I manually changed the CRC32 names of the trunk textures to match what Dyndolod was looking for and it looks great again.

Edited by vrnord

5 hours ago, vrnord said:

hey thanks, that actually helped me figure out the problem!  I'm not using HLT aspens, but a long time ago I tried them and had installed the 3d lods, and when I uninstalled the aspens I neglected to uninstall the 3d LOD files.  That never mattered until I reran Dyndolod yesterday and it started looking for the HLT CRC32 texture files for the vanilla/RAT 3d lod trunks.  Weird.  Anyway, I manually changed the CRC32 names of the trunk textures to match what Dyndolod was looking for and it looks great again.

No. That is not how it works. The CRC32 of the content of a file plus the full model filename is pretty much unique. Thus DynDOLOD does not look for wrong filenames. The point of using the CRC32 is that it always looks for the correct files regardless of other installed assets.

The tree LOD now uses trunks that belong to another tree mod.

9 hours ago, Althro said:

Hey Sheson,

Been encountering some kind of issue with the whgrayquarter_lod.nif rendering peaking out of the door to the docks. This occurs even when close to the door in the exterior but not in the interior worldspace (as in Windhelm City Cell).

Logs attached here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqRT-uRmMUjC1z37J56tVOfurnMhAVX5/view?usp=drive_link

Let me know if you need more data.

WHGreyQuarterError.jpg

Check in xEdit if you have a plugin overwriting 0001F049 and let me know.

In any case, replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt and generate LOD again. That should fix that.

12 hours ago, vrnord said:

As sheson mentioned, you don't want to rename the HLT LOD trunks, because that will yield HLT aspen trunks for the RAT aspens. This won't match the full trees.

I maintain EVT, and if you install the latest version, you should have the proper LOD models for the install options you choose.

EVT 2.2.2 Lush/Custom trees provide treeaspen02_353A9A39passthru_lod.nif and treeaspen02_353A9A39_trunk.nif, so these are what get installed if you choose the large RAT aspens in the installer. I recommend you remove all tree mods and reinstall EVT. Then check that the LODs mentioned are in your installed EVT. If they aren't, it's a FOMOD problem I will need to address.

Installing the RAT large option should install (among others):

1. treeaspen02.nif (with CRC32 = 353A9A39)
  2. treeaspen02_353A9A39_trunk.nif (only needed for the TexGen Render option to create billboard textures for DynDOLOD Billboard#)
  3. treeaspen02_353A9A39passthru_lod.nif (the LOD model referencing trunk textures TexGen creates from treeaspen02_353A9A39_trunk.nif)

On 4/1/2024 at 2:44 PM, sheson said:

Check in xEdit if you have a plugin overwriting 0001F049 and let me know.

In any case, replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt and generate LOD again. That should fix that.

Nothing overwriting it.

Will try the regeneration with that file and let you know.

That's fixed it :) Thanks Sheson!

Northern Roads has an issue with Dyndolod 169 where the solitude bridge will not load in the worldspace: https://postimg.cc/GHTXVP4X.

From what I can tell, this issue is happening because Northern Roads is overriding the vanilla reference of the bridge with a new one in the persistent Tamriel Worldspace which is causing Dyndolod to never load the bridge. When I take the record and move it into a new mod that isn't overriding the vanilla bridge record, it works as expected.

The editor ID of the offending reference is "COTN_SBridge01StoneRoad". Here is a picture of the record along with the hack I used to test: https://postimg.cc/1gfLqjkm

I did test this using just skyrim with only dyndolod/requirements and northern roads but my logs from it were deleted because I wiped that whole instance once I saw the issue wasn't with my modlist(I found the work around in my main list that has 1k+ plugins). If it would be helpful I could find time to recreate it.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:41 PM, peterhabble said:

Northern Roads has an issue with Dyndolod 169 where the solitude bridge will not load in the worldspace: https://postimg.cc/GHTXVP4X.

From what I can tell, this issue is happening because Northern Roads is overriding the vanilla reference of the bridge with a new one in the persistent Tamriel Worldspace which is causing Dyndolod to never load the bridge. When I take the record and move it into a new mod that isn't overriding the vanilla bridge record, it works as expected.

The editor ID of the offending reference is "COTN_SBridge01StoneRoad". Here is a picture of the record along with the hack I used to test: https://postimg.cc/1gfLqjkm

I did test this using just skyrim with only dyndolod/requirements and northern roads but my logs from it were deleted because I wiped that whole instance once I saw the issue wasn't with my modlist(I found the work around in my main list that has 1k+ plugins). If it would be helpful I could find time to recreate it.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Make a useful screenshot with more informative console of the full model when it is not missing as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#xEdit-Screenshots

The screenshot of xEdit shows a record not being touched by any DynDOLOD plugins. It shows that Northern Roads makes a record persistent. It shows a plugin that sets the ignore flag, which usually means whatever the overwrite plugin does to the record is ignored by the game engine.

A reference being persistent or being made persistent by an overwrite is not the cause of the problem alone, obviously. The problem could probably related to a specific trigger of the large reference bugs that might only happens if the reference is persistent and also requires something else.

It is the game that loads and renders objects. DynDOLOD does not do that. DynDOLOD may control enable/disable states of reference.
Just because a reference is persistent does not cause the game to not load or render it under normal circumstances.

Does the issue happen after starting a new game?

You seem to indicate the issue is not happening with a load order that just has Northern Roads and DynDOLOD generated for it? Usurpingly the bridge shows for me with/without DynDOLOD just the same. So what else might be required for the issue to happen?

Hello! There was a question with DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169, I did not find the necessary information in the FAQ. For some reason, the currently created DynDOLOD plugins are Header Version 1.8, and not 1.71? It should be? I have Skyrim AE version 1.6.640 (Backported Extended ESL Support installed).

Here's the log:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.zip

2 hours ago, LORDSAVEXs said:

Hello! There was a question with DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169, I did not find the necessary information in the FAQ. For some reason, the currently created DynDOLOD plugins are Header Version 1.8, and not 1.71? It should be? I have Skyrim AE version 1.6.640 (Backported Extended ESL Support installed).

Here's the log:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.zip

The DynDOLOD plugins use the highest version found in plugins in the load order.
Only came up once so far https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-169/?do=findComment&comment=276541

From the log:
[00:00]     670    669    FE 231    ESL    EE903CD7    1.8    Patch for Waterplants Verdant V1_8.esp

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

The DynDOLOD plugins use the highest version found in plugins in the load order.
Only came up once so far https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-169/?do=findComment&comment=276541

From the log:
[00:00]     670    669    FE 231    ESL    EE903CD7    1.8    Patch for Waterplants Verdant V1_8.esp

Thank you! You saved me!

I am getting an integer overflow error. It occurs when running texgen for the first time on an completely unmodded Skyrim VR. All requirements are present so it is not completely unmodded, I have SKSEVR and DynDOLOD.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll, The Resources are installed and then the VR scripts over that. I ran XLODGEN first, then went to run textGen64 and I got the integer overflow error with no other explanation. Here is a link to logs and bugreport. dyndolod logs and bugreport - Pastebin.com I do not want to speculate what is causing this error. Please Help.

8 hours ago, The_Franks said:

I am getting an integer overflow error. It occurs when running texgen for the first time on an completely unmodded Skyrim VR. All requirements are present so it is not completely unmodded, I have SKSEVR and DynDOLOD.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll, The Resources are installed and then the VR scripts over that. I ran XLODGEN first, then went to run textGen64 and I got the integer overflow error with no other explanation. Here is a link to logs and bugreport. dyndolod logs and bugreport - Pastebin.com I do not want to speculate what is causing this error. Please Help.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:SkyrimPrefs_INI/Display#iSize_H in C:\Users\jason\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\SkyrimPrefs.ini seems to be set to 0.

Hi. I installed DynDOLOD (for 1.6.1170, with NG, all necessary plugins cleaned and large reference bugs workaround) and generated new LOD recently for my existing save with a tiny mod list and everything was running fine for a while until I started experiencing CTDs upon entering/exiting interiors, especially around Winterhold and the College. I checked the logs and DynDOLOD kept showing up with references to form id 0x00033DCB or 0x00033DCA, which seemingly points to the huge Azura statue.

I tried regenerating LODs, with and without the large reference bugs, but it didn't seem to help much. The CTDs are fairly inconsistent, and I couldn't find a way to make them happen consistently. But it does seem to always happen when entering/exiting an interior, even to another interior (I had a crash happen when exiting Saarthal to Saarthal Excavation). The crashes do seem to happen more often when near the Shrine of Azura but one happened far away, somewhere near Riften.

Thankfully, disabling DynDOLOD in the MCM menu does seem to fix it! At least after a bunch of hours playing I didn't have any crashes, whilst before it wouldn't take long for a crash to happen.

Every single crash log I had seemed like the exact same, many references pointing to 0x00033DCB. In another similar post I found, they also had issues with the Azura statue but they had installed a replacer or something, something I have not done at all, it's just the vanilla statue. Sheson seemed to want the editor ID of that form ID, so preemptively in case it helps here it is: skyrimesm_033DCB_DynDOLOD_REVERT https://i.imgur.com/QjmzVyu.png

Also, I did not run xLODGen before generating LOD, because I absolutely despise the meshes and textures xLODGen creates. Hopefully that's not a problem? The required logs are here: https://ufile.io/slbtft3b Also, sorry the debug log is huge and doesn't correspond to the generated mod I'm actually using because I regenerated a bunch of times trying to fix this even with xLODGen and all but hopefully it's still helpful in case you need it.

Thanks~

Can I make a suggestion for a possible future feature tweak?  Grass LODs are really awesome: having grass beyond the active cells is a whole other level of immersion because I don't have to tell my brain to ignore bald terrain that is often very visible.  I will downgrade other things so I can keep my grass LODs.  A challenge is that, to balance performance with visuals, I need to set a fairly low grass LOD density so Pine Forest and Fall Forest areas run smoothly.  I can get away with that visually, because there is enough tree density and shadows in those regions to distract from or obscure the patchy LODs - you get a nice impression of distant grass detail but don't really focus on it.  However that leaves the Tundra and Reach with patchy grass LODs too, where it is much more noticeable and distracting because of the lack of trees.  The irony is that the lack of trees and other forest clutter means I could have afforded denser LODs there.

I wonder if there could be an option to add a rule to Dyndolod to override the overall grass density for certain regions, maybe by landscape texture?  So if the rule is Reach = 50 density (but overall density is 35), then Dyndolod knows Reach = Reachgrass01, Reachmoss01, Reachdirt01 and Reachmossyrocks01, and finds the corresponding grasses to override from the overall density setting: all other grass types would be 35. 

Alternately, is there a way to run Dyndolod by region "chunk"?  That way I could output Dyndolod with 35 density, then change to a higher density to output just the Tundra and Reach mesh chunks and have that override the overall output in MO2.  

Thanks for all your work on this awesome tool!