DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

So, Texgen works now, didn't on Alpha 13. But Dyndolod doesn't complete. it says "LODGenx64.exe returned 194" for all of the worlds and stops. (I'll add the logs in a moment)

Well, it seems both debug log and log are too big for pastebin. No bugreport was created

Edited by Selfishmonkey

I generated grass billboards at iMinGrassSize140 and the FPS benefits are quite noticeable.  However, whilst that value looks ok for LOD, it's too thin for Loaded cells. Is there any way I can have different values for Imingrasssize (Loaded cell vs LOD), so LOD grass can be thinner than cell loaded grass. My ideal cell loaded grass is imingrasssize120.

fwiw here is LOD grass at imingrassisze140 > https://imgur.com/a/7eViEV6.

I've also uploaded the output to that shared folder

Edited by kojak747

DynDOLOD Alpha 14 has duplicate ini files next to its root folder plus a clean.bat file. Dupe DynDOLOD_SSE.ini etc

How to progress?

I use it to reset the installation to default INIs and empty out the log, export and cache folder. Ignore if you do not want to clean/reset the current installation.

I got a BSOD running dyndolod alpha 14, is there any specific data I can provide you to help diagnose?

EDIT:

Log: https://pastebin.com/yEmzYJSx

No debug log was created.

BSOD are caused by hardware, BIOS, driver or OS problems. Programs can not cause BSOD, they CTD if there is an unhandled exception.

Edited by sheson

You uploaded TexGen logs with this. Please upload the DynDOLOD log and debug log and the LODGen log if it exists.

Can you repeat the exception by "Executing LODGen" again in expert=1 mode?

If it is repeatable, upload these files from the folder ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ :

LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

LODGen_SSE_Terrain_Tamriel.bin

LODGen_SSE_Object_Atlas_Map_Tamriel.txt

LODGen_SSE_Alt_Textures_Tamriel.txt

LODGen_SSE_Flat_Textures.txt

I generated grass billboards at iMinGrassSize140 and the FPS benefits are quite noticeable.  However, whilst that value looks ok for LOD, it's too thin for Loaded cells. Is there any way I can have different values for Imingrasssize (Loaded cell vs LOD), so LOD grass can be thinner than cell loaded grass. My ideal cell loaded grass is imingrasssize120.

fwiw here is LOD grass at imingrassisze140 > https://imgur.com/a/7eViEV6.

I've also uploaded the output to that shared folder

You can always update the grass cache with different grass settings after LOD generation or disable the grass cache and let the GrassControl.dll generate grass.

However, any such changes means that grass LOD and loaded grass do not match anymore and the fade/switch will be more obvious.

Edited by sheson