3D Whiterun Trellis (by SparrowPrince, TechAngel85)

DoubleYou

• 1 month later...

So looking more closely at this mod:

1. It is closer to the vanilla original
  2. It's maybe slightly better than vanilla
  3. It appears to be made of rust-proof metal (like vanilla) ... pewter or lead from the look
  4. Vanilla got this wrong IMO. Outdoor trellises are almost always made of wood, and those made of metal are almost always wrought iron in RL. The vanilla trellis is unrealistic, IMO, and this one is an improvement of what I think was a bad original design choice.
  5. The scale of this trellis is significantly larger than vanilla.
  6. I think our current solution (just a retex with wood) is superior to this mod and vanilla

This mod has a wood retex option that I think would be more aligned with the overall architecture of Skyrim, so any screens should show that option as well (vanilla, Step, this mod, this mod with wood option).

I personally don't think this mod is better than current Step based on the mod page screens of each in comparison with vanilla, so if anyone disagrees, please post the screen compares to support your argument.

• 2 weeks later...

That's fine. I too like our current replacer, having used it since LE days. I thought this mod followed the vanilla design better, without any regard to if the vanilla design made sense, and I'd say the differences in size are just artistic liberty with perhaps a hint of performance optimization (larger scale, less triangles required).