Vanilla Body with UNP Textures (by Shiva182)

TechAngel85

• 2 years later...

A set of meshes to address an incongruous 'nip slip' issue when Tempered Skins for Females - UNP (by traa108) is used with vanilla female body.

The problem:

Even though Tempered Skins is compatible with the vanilla female body, its textures are primarily designed for UNP body meshes. This results in nipples peeking out from certain female outfits when they're used with the vanilla body meshes.

This had been bothering me a while, as it's unexpected for a Vanilla+ setup such as STEP and it's out of NPCs' character.

The solution:

This mod. It's actually mentioned in a sticky post on the Tempered Skins for Females Nexus comments section. It's also mentioned if you select 'Vanilla' body type in its FOMOD installer:

image.png

Installation & Conflicts:

These are just meshes so they can be installed/uninstalled at any time.

The mod provides replacement meshes for certain outfits (vampire robe, forsworn armor, wench) adjusted to cover the nipples. They overwrite vanilla/USSEP meshes and don't conflict with anything else.

It also provides replacement meshes for feet and shoes. These meshes conflict with Tempered Skins for Females, which also replaces female feet and shoes. I don't care much for feet so I haven't looked closely at each version or whether one might be better than the other. These conflicts can easily resolved by sorting in MO2 left pane or by hiding.

Comparison Shots:

Below is Alva (Morthal). Hidden because slightly NSFW. Another easily noticeable example is Narri (Falkreath), not shown here.

Spoiler

Tempered Skins for Females (STEP FOMOD Selections) > Same + Vanilla Body with UNP Textures

20220630055637_1.jpg20220630054711_1.jpg

18 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Shoot, I missed the already existing topic: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17159-vanilla-body-with-unp-textures-by-shiva182/

For some reason, it's marked as accepted but it's missing from the guide?

That is very curious. It must have been a miss along the way. I don't remember it being dropped for any reason. We'd have to dig through the changelogs to be sure.

Merged topics

28 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

You might want to switch it to 'Testing', or tag it in some other way so that it doesn't fall through the cracks again :)

I'm doing an update to the 2.1 changelog to bring up back up to speed and then I'm going to look through some of the old ones to see if we dropped if for a reason.

Okay, I did a quick search on the wiki and it lead me to this:

Looks like we tested it and didn't find any issues at the time with not having it installed so we simply dropped it. However, now that an issue of the female areola being visible on at least one outfit, it would be good to add this mod back in to correct this.

Sounds good, but it may not be wise to just take my word for it. It would be best if at least someone else confirmed the same issue and fix.

The wench outfit is the easiest to test: Hroki at the Silver-Blood Inn in Markath, Narri at the Dead-Man's Drink in Falkreath, Alva in Morthal...

The Forsworn female armor exhibits the same issue. For the Dawnguard vampire robes, I'd have to check more closely next time I see one, I don't recall noticing it.

To be clear: I'm using the STEP recommended selection for Tempered Skins (i.e. A7 - Bikini type IV).

• 5 months later...

Looking more closely at this, it would seem that since this looks to be vanilla body meshes with UV maps corresponding to UNP textures for select outfits, including feet meshes ... we probably should be hiding any feet meshes that don't explicitly pair with these meshes (we are using the UNP body).

I can't determine with certainty from the mod description or the assets in the mod if this is the case. I.e., does this mod only tough the three offending outfits and corresponding feet and no more/less?

I have verified that this mod neutralizes the offending nipples on Narri, for example, But Narri's feet don't seem to be included in this mod (or when I hid all of this mod's feet, I saw no issue on Narri's ankles).

I'm trying to avoid finding each example of each outfit on each NPC and looking at each of their feet ... lots of labor for such a small question to answer :sick: I assume this is the case, since not a lot of meshes are included with this ... but many more than I would've thought were related to these three outfits.

STEP is not using UNP body (meshes). It's using vanilla body (meshes) with UNP body textures (from Tempered Skins for Females).

This mod tweaks the vanilla meshes of specific pieces of female apparel to better fit with the UNP body textures.

The purpose of the UNP bare feet meshes provided by this mod is not clear. Seems to be purely for better female feet aesthetics rather than fixing any issue, and is probably not required. Unless it's "required" simply for consistency with the wedding sandals and prisoner's shoes that this mod provides, which appear to be using the UNP feet as a base.

See: /meshes/clothes/weddingdress/sandalsf_0.nif for example.

15 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

STEP is not using UNP body (meshes). It's using vanilla body (meshes) with UNP body textures (from Tempered Skins for Females).

This mod tweaks the vanilla meshes of specific pieces of female apparel to better fit with the UNP body textures.

The purpose of the UNP bare feet meshes provided by this mod is not clear. Seems to be purely for better female feet aesthetics rather than fixing any issue, and is probably not required. Unless it's "required" simply for consistency with the wedding sandals and prisoner's shoes that this mod provides, which appear to be using the UNP feet as a base.

See: /meshes/clothes/weddingdress/sandalsf_0.nif for example.

Actually, the body option we are using for females is UNP. You can tell just by the hip/tummy shape. Maybe some aspects of Tempered Skins meshes are made for vanilla replacement (I think that's a general feature of UNP though), but it's UNP if you see the options available. A8 is the vanilla body, which is a bit blockier in the hips and shoulders than UNP. Step recommends A7:

image.png

EDIT: The Tempered 'Skins' mod name is a bit of a misnomer, IMO. It's providing UNP/Vanilla body models in one file and CBBE in another (and associated textures)