Essential Favorites (by powerofthree)

Mousetick

Discussion topic:
Essential Favorites by powerofthree
Wiki Link

SKSE plugin with customizable INI configuration for turning each feature on/off.

QOL: prevents favorited items from being crafted, sold, disarmed, disenchanted or dropped. Favorited items will no longer show when selling/crafting/disenchanting/gifting items.

This prevents user mistakes as well as declutters the trade windows of things that are not intended to be sold. The disarm prevention is somewhat of a cheat, but is off by default.

Recommend using this mod in conjunction with Favorite Misc Items.

This is a great idea, and should be easy to test.

As for disarm prevention, I will get on board with that. I have many times completely lost my specially enchanted weapon from a Draugr disarming me. The solution has always been to reload an earlier save, especially since I typically wield unique items as my main weapons. What's stupid is, whenever I myself shout the Disarm shout, I always am greeted with the failure message informing me that my opponent is too highly leveled for me to disarm him. I have never once successfully cast the disarm shout due to this, but many time have had my weapon thrown through the floorboards into Oblivion from it!

It wouldn't be so bad if said weapon didn't basically vanish from existence and even noclipping through the walls looking for it couldn't locate the custom enchanted  sword of awesomeness it was a spawned item without  a unique i.d. so I couldn't even move it to me via the console

Its either that or another mod that disables the disarm shout for me. Actually I think it is. The favourited item prevention is pretty nice too. 

Turning off the disarming feature doesn't fit Mandate. Just putting that out there. It's meant to be a part of the game and we shouldn't make it null just because we don't like it and it causes us to lose weapons. Of course, the losing weapon through structures is an issue, but not the fault of the disarming shout. It's more likely an issue with poor collision.

I thought it was pretty clear in the OP, but each feature can be turned on/off in a INI configuration file. This is the default config:

Spoiler

[Settings]

;Prevents favorited items from being sold
No Bartering = true

;Prevents favorited weapons from being disarmed
No Disarm = false

;Prevents favorited ingredients from showing up in Alchemy menu
No Alchemy = true

;Prevents favorited items from showing up in Crafting menu
No Crafting = true

;Prevents favorited items from being disenchanted
No Disenchanting = true

;Prevents favorited items from being dropped
No Drop Item = false

;Prevents favorited items from being gifted
No Gifting = false

Disarm prevention is off by default. You can turn it on if you want.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

Turning off the disarming feature doesn't fit Mandate. Just putting that out there. It's meant to be a part of the game and we shouldn't make it null just because we don't like it and it causes us to lose weapons. Of course, the losing weapon through structures is an issue, but not the fault of the disarming shout. It's more likely an issue with poor collision.

Obviously. I was speaking more from a personal preference point of view.

• 11 months later...

Is it technically possible, to keep item favorited if it's dropped to the ground? I'm wondering could this kind of mod exist. For optimization purposes favorited state, or what ever game calls it could  be removed after some time has passed. Just a thought, since i keep collecting my gear from the ground all the time, since if i'm hit with zero stamina, i will drop my weapon.

Edited by moduntilitbreaks

I think this mod plays fine with the mandate, given those mandate-breaking features are disabled by default (or can be disabled via INI where not).

Arguably, this mod is allowing something that Bethesda missed and is effectively an insurance policy for the user.

Tagged as testing to be sure.

• 10 months later...
42 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Isn't there an option in CCOR or CACO that does the same thing as this mod? Might want to look and test.

I think you are referring to the change in CCOR that protects favorite and equipped items from being broken down/smelted. This mod seems to have more complete coverage to prevent the player from accidentally losing favorite items.