Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

The update to SkyBirds (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23771 version 0.93) is out - saw the note from  rpscg on STEP. Fixes the invincible hawk bug from vanilla so could replace that ESP for anyone using it. (Is there another fix for it in SR?)  Looks interesting - wonder if it has conflicts with sounds mods or SkyTest - see his comments on compatibility below.

Change log says:

Version 0.93MCM MENU SUPPORT.

"BIRDS OF SKYRIM" SOUND INJECTOR. If you use skyBirds and Birds of Skyrim together, my mod will add sounds to ALL of Qasiermo's birds!

Disable flying seagulls and crows at night and in bad weather (requires "Birds of Skyrim").

Make roosters larger than chickens (requires "Birds of Skyrim")

Make "Birds of Skyrim" wild birds protected from predators (requires "Birds of Skyrim")

Woodpecker system: drumming animation, vertical positioning on trees, dynamic placement script

Green Woodpeckers (animated but non-flying).

Red Headed Woodpeckers (animated but non-flying).

White or barred chickens (textures by Bellyache).

More roosters (requires "Birds of Skyrim").

Domestic geese (model by macadamstreet, dogtown1 & Jc1) with new sounds and feet clipping fix.

Make the Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn factions bird-friendly.

New take-off wing flap sounds. - done

Enlarge the birds' wings spans.

Faster wing flapping animation plus new gliding animation.

Improved bird hopping animation.

Animate the wren's tail so that it straightens out during flight.

Increase the range of the bird sounds a little.

Add sound effects to vanilla hawks and hide them at night and in bad weather.

Nest markers will only disappear when the player is not looking.

Fix the "backwards" underwing texture on a couple of birds.

Balance the alchemy ingredients.

Apply alpha testing to improve the model details. - Cardinal and two woodpeckers completed

Fix various small glitches

Various script optimizations

Fixed a vanilla bug that prevented chicken (and some other creatures) idle sounds from playing.

Overhaul the vanilla chicken sound effects.

Fixed the vanilla chicken's feet so they no longer clip through the ground.

Fix the vanilla "unkillable/invulnerable/invincible hawks" bug.

Fix a bug in vanilla hawks that would contribute to save game bloating.

Adjusted the vanilla hawk in Riverwood05 location so that it doesn't fly through the mountain behind it.

Disabled an immersion-breaking vanilla hawk near East Empire Company Warehouse that was in sync with another hawk nearby.

Compatibility notes say:

Compatibility

• If you use ASIS you will get CTDs unless you add "skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp" to the Mod exclusion section of the ASIS ini file and then re-run the ASIS patcher.
  • skyBirds is fully compatible with "Birds of Skyrim", "Birds and Flocks" and "SkyTEST". Please load skyBirds AFTER "Birds of Skyrim" and "Birds and Flocks".
  • skyBirds is fully compatible with the regular version of 101Bugs, but skyBirds should be loaded after any mod that modifies insect spawners. This includes the "extra spawns" version of 101Bugs.
  • The mod "Static Flora" will block some of the spawners used in skyBirds. To prevent this, load skyBirds AFTER "Static Flora" in your load order.
  • Compatible with "Climates of Tamriel - Sound". Please load skyBirds after "Climates of Tamriel - Sound" in your load order.
  • Compatible with Sounds of Skyrim.
  • If you use "skyBirds" and "Birds of Skyrim" together then you don't need to use the mod called "Roosters at Dawn (by schmidte)" which is obsolete (and seems to be broken anyway). skyBirds adds crowing rooster sounds to Qasiermo's Roosters at dusk and dawn.
  • The mod "Invincible Hawk Fix (by samutz)" is obsolete (and introduces new bugs). Please uninstall that mod if you use it. skyBirds fixes that bug correctly (so does USKP).

How about merging some of the mods various ESPs for the DLCs with TES5EDIT into one ESP? e.g. Atlas Map Markers.esp, Atlas Blackreach.esp, Atlas Dawnguard.esp, Atlas Hearthfire.esp, Atlas Dragonborn.esp into "Atlas Map Markers - all in one.esp"

There is a tutorial here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/904953-how-to-merge-multiple-mods-with-multiple-master-files/

Any technical issues with this function of TES5EDIT?

Also, how does the testing of Hunterborn go? https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33201/?

I've been trying it and I really like it. Looking forward to its inclusion in SR.

I did see a conflict with the new SkyTEST though - a wild boar near riverwood was using the default loot menu and not the new menu prompt from Hunterborn...

And has anyone tried out Foot Step Sounds Overhaul? https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35467//?

What mods would we be able to remove from SR if we used it? Obviously, Improved Horse Step Sounds, any others?

You know it's funny I was trying to get SoS to work three days ago but realized I'd need to edit the files and yesterday Neo posts the edits lol. Half the mods on Sound Propagation Overhaul's known conflict list include mods from Skyrim Revisited. Which is a pity as it really does make the sounds seem more real to me.

Either way I'm here to post a suggestion, it would require a modification (at the least) of Realistic Lighting Overhaul. I like RLO's little touches like the light from windows (From the inside) reflecting off object outside of the building and some of the lantern and most of the exterior stuff from RLO I don't like the interiors as much. I feel that Enhanced Lighting and FX does more justice to the interiors (and judging by the number of endorsements and downloads for each I'd say a fair number of people agree)

Also I noticed when I updated one of Arthmoor's mods either Alternate Start or Run for your Lives that he said he was using a newer version of TES5Edit than I could find anywhere (I imagine he's on the team for it) anyways does this mean we'll have to remake our patches when the new one comes out?

Since this is a mod suggestions thread, I was wondering why (if any reason at all at the moment) "Economics of Skyrim" was/is not included in SR? I saw Trade and Barter is included in SR and EoS is compatible with it (from reading T&B's Nexus' page).

Don't know if it ever came up, I was just reading the features of EoS and thought it made a lot of sense and would be a great add for SR.

Nexus Link to EoS: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11919/?

Keep up the great work!!

Since this is a mod suggestions thread, I was wondering why (if any reason at all at the moment) "Economics of Skyrim" was/is not included in SR? I saw Trade and Barter is included in SR and EoS is compatible with it (from reading T&B's Nexus' page).

Don't know if it ever came up, I was just reading the features of EoS and thought it made a lot of sense and would be a great add for SR.

Nexus Link to EoS: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11919/?

Keep up the great work!!

I used to use EoS but found that its extensions into crafting was becoming less and less desirable. They were very heavy handed had trouble finding the right balance. 

How about merging some of the mods various ESPs for the DLCs with TES5EDIT into one ESP? e.g. Atlas Map Markers.esp, Atlas Blackreach.esp, Atlas Dawnguard.esp, Atlas Hearthfire.esp, Atlas Dragonborn.esp into "Atlas Map Markers - all in one.esp"

There is a tutorial here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/904953-how-to-merge-multiple-mods-with-multiple-master-files/

Any technical issues with this function of TES5EDIT?

The method described in the tutorial works for combining the various Atlas files. As mentioned in the comments, when combining some esp files you can only add one esp at a time then you need to close and restart TES5Edit. You need to do this to combine the Atlas files. The step that suggests changing the FormID values for multiple mods isn't relevant for Atlas and some other mods; change the FormID on one esp file, merge it, then close TES5Edit.

Quite a nice little animation tweak if you like your archery killmoves:

Archery - Spinning Arrows

One of the things I find most distracting about playing with a bow & arrow is the fact that arrows are static in flight. It is particularly noticeable during a bow & arrow kill move.

[video=youtube]https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJoPeV3-XYY