Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

Weapons and Armor Fixes (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34093) by Kryptopyr has been updated for Dragonborn, as has her Smithing Perks Overhaul (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33959).

Combined these do a great job of cleaning up various errors and inconsistencies in the weapons and armors stats and perks (such as damage, crits, speed, weight, value, perks and materials). There are three smithing perk tree options in Smithing Perks Overhaul: default Vanilla, Improved Vanilla and new Optional. The new Optional variation is quite logical but I think it might go too far in that it will require a lot more perks to be invested in smithing to get the same results. I like the Improved vanilla option which somewhat rearranges which perks affect which materials, mainly by making the DLC content more consistent with pre-DLC perks/items.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36356/

Cabal's long awaited glass armor. Option D sounded interesting if you are looking for a replacer, maybe A if you want to use the esp and have various options. Sounds like Cabal might prefer the 'Golden' version (A/C).

EDIT: ...and Tsun Armor: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36336

EDIT EDIT: ... and he says there might be even more to come tonight!

From his Glass description page:

A) amidianborn_glass_variants _LORE : a golden replacer for default glass set a forgeable and buyable steel (morrowind themed) set, a "thalmorized" set that u can find on thalmor and forge ONLY if you're an elf ...esp ,folder structure,nif files adaptation by

Modd3r

esp must be activated.

honestly my personal choice.

B) aMidianborn_glass_variants : same as LORE version but without racial restrictions

WARNING forgeable sets from A and B may have compatibility issues because they use their own meshes...

standalone replacer are completely free from compatibility problems since they use vanilla meshes

C) aMidianborn_glass_golden...simple replacer without any esp uses yellow/golden textures...in line with vanilla design

D) aMidianborn_glass_MWV...simple replacer without any esp in morrowind style glass...malachite is more green and dark

E) aMidianBorn _glass_thalmorized ....simple replacer without any esp file in line with dark thalmor style

I think Harvest Overhaul goes too far. I always assume that an ingredient represent one potion's worth of whatever it is, not one item. With Harvest Overhaul you get vastly more ingredients making it even easier to spam potions.

That said the alchemy system in Skyrim could really use a good overhaul. It's just not very interesting.

@statsmonster True I suppose.

On another note has anyone tried to customize Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons so the lore unfriendly weapons and armor are removed leaving the good ones behind? I just tried adding the full packages and it seemed to cause the game to freeze (with the appropriate DSR patches of course) I assume it is because it places some of the items n dungeons and on NPC's since the leveled lists should be taken care of with the bashed patch. Going to remove them and see if the freezing stops.

For alchemy my most wanted feature would be balanced over-time health potions.

That is one of many nice features in SkyRe. I do believe there is a mod that does something similar, but not 100% sure.. Most likely not incredibly hard to create such a mod however!

Once again, I must ask that all mod suggestions be placed into the Mod Suggestions forum on STEP proper.

We use MS to track details about all mods on this site, so any new mods suggested or any talk about specific mods should be place on the relevant MS thread ... or create the thread if it does not already exist.

Thanks

From what I can tell have not asked in this thread before. In any case these are suggestions for Skyrim Revisited not the general S.T.E.P. guide. Isn't that what the Mod Suggestion forum is for (General S.T.E.P. mods)?

Once again, I must ask that all mod suggestions be placed into the Mod Suggestions forum on STEP proper.

We use MS to track details about all mods on this site, so any new mods suggested or any talk about specific mods should be place on the relevant MS thread ... or create the thread if it does not already exist.

Thanks

From what I can tell have not asked in this thread before. In any case these are suggestions for Skyrim Revisited not the general S.T.E.P. guide. Isn't that what the Mod Suggestion forum is for (General S.T.E.P. mods)?
I have never followed STEP. I have been following Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited only. I do know it is based on STEP, but I thought it was independent. I am not sure why the SR forum's need to be hijacked to fit into STEP, unless you are replacing STEP with SR.

Thanks

I have never followed STEP. I have been following Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited only. I do know it is based on STEP, but I thought it was independent. I am not sure why the SR forum's need to be hijacked to fit into STEP, unless you are replacing STEP with SR.

Parts of SR is being integrated into STEP, yes. It's even stickied here on the SR section of the forums. ;)

Also, mods that are posted in the proper forum (I know I've made the mistake myself and only posted it here) are sure to be read both by Neovalen for possible integration into SR and by the core STEP team for possible integration into STEP. It's also more likely to be properly seen overall as it will have it's own thread, rather than risk being buried into discussion in a massive thread on the SR section. There's nothing stopping anyone from making the post in the Mod Testing forum and then posting in this thread with a link to the post you made. :)