Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

I've been looking at and playing with some of the sneaky mods.

Stealth Skills Rebalanced looks good - makes it tough but rewarding to play a sneaky type.

Sneak Tools is also really cool - I really like the arrows (oil, water, rope) but I'm not sold on the rest (slitting throats, knocking unconscious, disguised masks). The mains ESP looks clean but the hood and mask esp need to bring forward the unofficial patches - and might have one ITM (that BOSS doesn't mention).

The two make a nice pair - SSR makes it quite a bit more tricky to play as a rogue, requiring some real effort and thought to sneak about) while Sneak Tools gives you more options for how to sneak about - dowsing lights, using ropes, etc.

Stealth Skills Rebalanced looks good - makes it tough but rewarding to play a sneaky type.

Sneak Tools is also really cool - I really like the arrows (oil, water, rope) but I'm not sold on the rest (slitting throats, knocking unconscious, disguised masks). The mains ESP looks clean but the hood and mask esp need to bring forward the unofficial patches - and might have one ITM (that BOSS doesn't mention).

The two make a nice pair - SSR makes it quite a bit more tricky to play as a rogue, requiring some real effort and thought to sneak about) while Sneak Tools gives you more options for how to sneak about - dowsing lights, using ropes, etc.

Yeah, I just wish it didn't give you the tools until you joined the Thieves guild or some such thing. Getting it from the get-go seems like cheating. I'm looking at both these mods, and I might see about possibly doing some sort of a custom patch for Sneak Tools if I get some free time.

Yeah, I just wish it didn't give you the tools until you joined the Thieves guild or some such thing. Getting it from the get-go seems like cheating. I'm looking at both these mods, and I might see about possibly doing some sort of a custom patch for Sneak Tools if I get some free time.
I've had fun with Sneak Tools, but I find that the (almost) guaranteed kills, knockouts, and disguises to be rather overpowered.  Still, it's a well made mod that has a lot of very neat features.  I do agree with Neovalen that I'd love to see the tools only available to Thieves Guild members (or at least a bit more difficult to access).  I've always thought it would be great if the arrows were sold by the fletcher that eventually appears in the Flagon.  Not only would it seem much more integrated into the game that way, but it would provide an added reward for your progression in the Guild.

I've had fun with Sneak Tools, but I find that the (almost) guaranteed kills, knockouts, and disguises to be rather overpowered.  Still, it's a well made mod that has a lot of very neat features.  I do agree with Neovalen that I'd love to see the tools only available to Thieves Guild members (or at least a bit more difficult to access).  I've always thought it would be great if the arrows were sold by the fletcher that eventually appears in the Flagon.  Not only would it seem much more integrated into the game that way, but it would provide an added reward for your progression in the Guild.
I think I like the approach SkyRe did with the tools - you can only access them with perks in the Sneak tree. But the Thieves Guild approach seems to be good as well.

Interesting. I'm not really all that enamoured by the changes to sneak attacks or the hidden masks etc.  What do seem really interesting to me are the arrows - rope, water to extinguish fires, and fire arrows. The oil one seems a bit much - unless magical it couldn't have enough oil to matter much - though a thrown bottle of oil could. 

I think I like the approach SkyRe did with the tools - you can only access them with perks in the Sneak tree. But the Thieves Guild approach seems to be good as well.

Tying fletching the new arrows into either archery or sneak perks might be good. Making them expensive to buy might also work -a way to sop up player gold and make the items rare for low level characters. 

Since I'm not much interested in joining the thieves guild I don't really favor that approach - but I have to admit giving access to the Thieves Guild (and/or maybe Dark Brotherhood) does make logical sense. Maybe us non-thieves could loot the odd item off the occasional thief's body. 

Something I've been hoping for since Third Era Attributes as that never seemed to work too welll... https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35795/

Just so I understand this right: I would still pick a perk (say, Marksmanship, from SkyRe) and then this mod will do the math to distribute to the Health-Stamina-Magicka points? 

If so, I'll have to try this out. I really dislike vanilla Skyrim's stat system - much prefer Oblivion's.

Yeah, so if you pick 1h swords (or light weaponry in skyre) you'd get health+stamina for example. Mod was just released however so will be more fleshed out later most likely with some actual use for the stats

Cabal (aMidian) still doesn't have his glass retexture out... I understand Neo has been looking at Realistic Transparent Glass Armor (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33602/ ) and BGM Glass and Elven Armor (but only the Glass side of it as I'm using Cabal's Elven) (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2060/ ) so I figured I'd take a look and see what I thought of the options.

Transparent tries to make the armor and weapons semi-transparent. I think they succeed for the weapons and shield (though this will need a shield on back mesh if used with DSR) but not so much for the armor. The weapons end up looking much different from the armor. I tied the 1.2 and 1.2c version - they are both more of less the same.

BGM makes the armor an opaque blue-green - the idea being that glass is really from the mineral malachite. I think it ends up looking nicer. Because it's just a texture replacer you can use other meshes (such as Exeter's UNPB which is in SR) with it.

In theory the transparent sounds nicer - but it just doesn't work out as well.

Something I've been hoping for since Third Era Attributes as that never seemed to work too welll... https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35795/

Just so I understand this right: I would still pick a perk (say, Marksmanship, from SkyRe) and then this mod will do the math to distribute to the Health-Stamina-Magicka points? 

If so, I'll have to try this out. I really dislike vanilla Skyrim's stat system - much prefer Oblivion's.

I assumed this used your skills (1H, 2H, Lt Armor, Alchemy, etc.) not your perks to determine what when to increase your H/S/M. 

I assumed this used your skills (1H, 2H, Lt Armor, Alchemy, etc.) not your perks to determine what when to increase your H/S/M. 
Sounds more likely than what I said. ;) Haven't tested it yet as I'm about to go sleep!

Kryptopyr has upgraded unique leveled item spell to include a Dragonborn version.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16090/

This mod adds a spell which allows you to upgrade unique artifacts as you level up. In vanilla if you get these items at low levels they gradually become useless. With this spell you can improve these items as you level up.

Items it affects (from her web page above):

Chillrend

Dragonbane

Gauldur Blackblade

Gauldur Blackbow

Lunar Iron Mace

Lunar Iron Sword

Lunar Iron War Axe

Lunar Steel Mace

Lunar Steel Sword

Lunar Steel War Axe

The Pale Blade

Tsun's Battle Axe

Shield of Solitude

Nightingale Blade

Nightingale Bow

Nightingale Armor

Nightingale Boots

Nightingale Gloves

Nightingale Hood

Amulet of Articulation*

Mage's Circlet

*For the Amulet of Articulation, the spell uses the same leveling scale as the Unofficial Patch.

In addition to all of the items listed above, the Dragonborn version will also level:

Miraak (mask)

Miraak's Robes

Miraak's Staff

Miraak's Sword

Bergzore released a new animation mod for run, sprint, and jump called Run Sprint and Jump. On the nexus page he also recommended using No heavy muscular walk and idle by Scot so the arms aren't so bowed out. I used them both last night for about an hour and I really like the new jump for females. The running animation seems to sync the arms and legs together much better than any other running animation.