Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

Okay tested out these 2 and I must say that it is almost a must have! If only so that the whiterun tundra is not just full of that annoying boring yellowish grass and nothing else.

Also helps out immensely with ENB´s. The "glowing" grass is not longer really an issue since there are now so many other types mixed in that it does not stand out like a bad sore.

Grassification

Grass on steroids

It is superior to the old grass settings that SFO had.. since there actually is not really any performance drop if setup correctly for your specs. If you need help as always just pm me, but his instructions on the page are well done! 

Also his climate overhaul for dragonborn is worth looking into. Works with CoT 3.1 and does add a bit extra spice to that region. I have only done basic testing so far but I am almost certain I am going to keep it unless some really horrible bug shows up down the road. 

Some might also like his new dragon priest mask mod... I am still trying to decide if I find them too lore breaking or just too... scary. 

Okay tested out these 2 and I must say that it is almost a must have! If only so that the whiterun tundra is not just full of that annoying boring yellowish grass and nothing else.

Also helps out immensely with ENB´s. The "glowing" grass is not longer really an issue since there are now so many other types mixed in that it does not stand out like a bad sore.

Grassification

Grass on steroids

It is superior to the old grass settings that SFO had.. since there actually is not really any performance drop if setup correctly for your specs. If you need help as always just pm me, but his instructions on the page are well done! 

Also his climate overhaul for dragonborn is worth looking into. Works with CoT 3.1 and does add a bit extra spice to that region. I have only done basic testing so far but I am almost certain I am going to keep it unless some really horrible bug shows up down the road. 

Some might also like his new dragon priest mask mod... I am still trying to decide if I find them too lore breaking or just too... scary. 

What rig do you have? Those mods look awesome ingame, but they drop me from ~50 FPS to ~3-5 FPS. I got a pretty powerful rig with an i5 3750K @ 4,2 Ghz, 8 Gigs RAM and a GTX 670 OC with 4 GB VRAM. Also tried to set the grasshaders to 0 and decrease density to 128. No change in FPS though lol

edit: Tried Grassification only and it brings me to ~ 30-35 FPS. That's kinda reasonable. Thanks for the suggestion, grass everywhere just makes the game look so much better :)

Mod : Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers

Author : toaDime

Version : 1.3

File : https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9385/

This is the simple little mod that adds a quest with markers to the remaining Unusual Gem locations. The file has no ITMs or wild edits but it has failed to include an edit from the UKSP.

Warning:This mod does not forward some fixes from the unofficial patches.

To resolve the problem(s), perform the following:
Open TES5Edit.
Select Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp and BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp then click [OK].
Expand "Quest" under BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp and select the "0009DD77" node.
Scroll about a third of the way down until you find the highlighted Stage that begins with the text "It was suggested that I show my..."
Drag the "CNAM-Log Entry" record from Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp to BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp.
Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

What rig do you have? Those mods look awesome ingame, but they drop me from ~50 FPS to ~3-5 FPS. I got a pretty powerful rig with an i5 3750K @ 4,2 Ghz, 8 Gigs RAM and a GTX 670 OC with 4 GB VRAM. Also tried to set the grasshaders to 0 and decrease density to 128. No change in FPS though lol

edit: Tried Grassification only and it brings me to ~ 30-35 FPS. That's kinda reasonable. Thanks for the suggestion, grass everywhere just makes the game look so much better

Very strange 

I only made these changes in the Skyrim.ini 

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7

bDrawShaderGrass=1

iMinGrassSize=110

This gives me no FPS loss what so ever (Around 30FPS with my current ENB on.). If I used the iminGrassSize=75 then I would drop down to 10 FPS though. 

edit: Tried Grassification only and it brings me to ~ 30-35 FPS. That's kinda reasonable. Thanks for the suggestion, grass everywhere just makes the game look so much better

Very strange 

I only made these changes in the Skyrim.ini 

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7

bDrawShaderGrass=1

iMinGrassSize=110

This gives me no FPS loss what so ever (Around 30FPS with my current ENB on.). If I used the iminGrassSize=75 then I would drop down to 10 FPS though. 

My understanding is that with Grass on Steroids you can increase the iminGrassSize setting which will maintain your FPS but keep you lusher looking grassy areas.  Does Grassification allow the same thing?

See https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2317 for a further discussion of grass mods.

Filled Pots (script adds cooked food items to the openable pots at cooking fires) and Dynamic Things (makes more objects in the world containers with appropriate contents' date=' for example wood piles become openable to collect firewood/deadwood) are both very nice for survival/immersion-type gameplay.[/quote']

They seem good for immersion.  I worry that Dynamic Things will add valuable things (like alchemical ingredients and fish) and thus be unbalancing.  Would also have to test whether it caused much memory bloat.

My understanding is that with Grass on Steroids you can increase the iminGrassSize setting which will maintain your FPS but keep you lusher looking grassy areas.  Does Grassification allow the same thing?

See https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2317 for a further discussion of grass mods.

Thanks for the post! Their detailed analysis pretty much is in line with what I am experiencing. 

I only really tested the mod out around Whiterun atm. I wanted to try to see if there was a grass mod that could solve the issue I had with SFO grass looking way to bright when using ENB´s. With this mod then the tundra is much more diverse so that the grass does not stand out so badly. Compared to having the same yellow grass ALL over the screen in which case it stands out like a bad sore. 

Just means that I do not have to edit yet more textures! 

Could you check out the Winterhold area whilst using those 2 mods? I would do it myself but not in a position to do so this weekend most likely. Read some reports on the nexus page that there's a lot of grass in that area as well, and sadly not the white grass

Yeah... I should have done a more extensive test of the world!

The winter regions are not really green, but rather red, browish. But yeh the mod still needs a limiter on where grass is shown.

The Steroids mod seems to be working nicely though. It increases the size of the grass a little bit if one use the goldilock version which is a nice touch.

I guess that it in conjunction with reducing the density of the grass a little bit can help with FPS if you want a few more.