Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

Figured it wouldn't be an easy fix - worth a look I suppose. I'll report later.

Edit:

Has some clashes with USKP, minor one with Dawnguard and also a minor clash with Hearthfires. Some of these are deliberate changes to specific npcs and one is the same USKP edit currently in the guide - The same files conflict with BOYD and EBQB but on the whole seems pretty simple amount of edits no more than in guide for MT.

Going somewhat off-topic: Speaking of finding conflicts in plugins and making patches-- what does one do to fix those? Where do you begin after you open up the plugins in TES5Edit to see what is in conflict between two or more plugins; how do you decide which to override? It's something I'd like to learn more about, since I use quite a few extra mods on top of my SR install, e.g. ESF: Aela the Huntress and the companion mod which modifies the Companions and their quests. Looking at them in xEdit shows some conflicts with Moonlight Tales, for starters; Bring Out Your Dead as well, which I think can be fixed in the same way the other compatibility patches for it are made? I'd like to figure out how to patch those myself, but am not sure how. Guidance would be appreciated, but if this isn't the place I'll take my questions to the main forums.

Good question and one i would like to know more about. My operating assumption has been something like...

A good starting point on figuring out which to use is that any change which overrides a previous mod and sets the value back to vanilla Skyrim is probably a mistake. These are changes that "fail to carry forward" another mod's change.

However any change that seems to be related to the purpose of the new mod should probably be left.

For example, I was looking at a mod called Follower Facelifts which alters the appearance of so e NPCs and changes female housecarls, etc. to use their own gender's animation. I loaded up this mod, BOYD, USKP, etc. So my assumption was that any changes USKP makes which this mod made which didn't carry forward what happens to dead bodies or changes to Housecarl sandbox modes or fighting styles should be edited to carry forward the USKP values. However changes to tint masks and not using opposite gender animations that this mod made I left alone as these are intentional changes that this mod is making.

I would of course appreciate hearing from anyone who can point out flaws in the way I have been doing this and come up with better recommendations.

I know there was some interest in Kryptopyr's Weapons and Armor Fixes a while back. One nice feature of this mod is that it seems to override the need for many of the patches currently used by SR in that her multi-mod compatibility patch pulls forward a lot of the changes from USKP (and her mod) that mods like ASW, GDO and Improved Closed Face Helmets overwrite.

I know there was some interest in Kryptopyr's Weapons and Armor Fixes a while back. One nice feature of this mod is that it seems to override the need for many of the patches currently used by SR in that her multi-mod compatibility patch pulls forward a lot of the changes from USKP (and her mod) that mods like ASW' date=' GDO and Improved Closed Face Helmets overwrite.[/quote']

Yes, but I ended up not adding it due to lack of Dragonborn proper compatibility (Kryptopyr doesn't own DB). Hoping that one day she will get it and update her mod. I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure how to resolve said conflicts myself (it's in one very large record regarding crafting since she re-categorized stuff).

I know there was some interest in Kryptopyr's Weapons and Armor Fixes a while back. One nice feature of this mod is that it seems to override the need for many of the patches currently used by SR in that her multi-mod compatibility patch pulls forward a lot of the changes from USKP (and her mod) that mods like ASW' date=' GDO and Improved Closed Face Helmets overwrite.[/quote']

Yes' date=' but I ended up not adding it due to lack of Dragonborn proper compatibility (Kryptopyr doesn't own DB). Hoping that one day she will get it and update her mod. I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure how to resolve said conflicts myself (it's in one very large record regarding crafting since she re-categorized stuff).[/quote']

I actually purchased Dragonborn this week, so I'll hopefully have an update soon. :)

This mod called Organised Bandits In Skyrim looks interesting and very ambitious. It's changing up bandit spawns and adds new types of bandits that are supposed to be lore friendly: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31264/ Only dlc NEEDED WOULD BE Dragonborn, or else none. I might try it when my game's stable.

BTW, anyone around here run SPERG on top of their SR install? I'm just wondering how well it plays with the gameplay mods already here.

This mod called Organised Bandits In Skyrim looks interesting and very ambitious. It's changing up bandit spawns and adds new types of bandits that are supposed to be lore friendly: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31264/ Only dlc NEEDED WOULD BE Dragonborn, or else none. I might try it when my game's stable.

BTW, anyone around here run SPERG on top of their SR install? I'm just wondering how well it plays with the gameplay mods already here.

I have one skyre and one sperg install whilst working out stability, and there's no issues with sperg really as its compatible with just about everything and has a nice MCM menu

I have one skyre and one sperg install whilst working out stability, and there's no issues with sperg really as its compatible with just about everything and has a nice MCM menu

I understand SPERG is fairly compatible as is, but there are compatibility patches available for SPERG and Trade and Barter, as well as for Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade (both Dawnguard and non Dawnguard versions). Given that I believe Neo has said he wants to include WAF in Skyrim Revisited at some point soon, I'm wondering if you're using those compatibility patches, or at least took a look at them yet? I did look, but I don't know if I'm doing it right or looking for the proper things.

I understand SPERG is fairly compatible as is, but there are compatibility patches available for SPERG and Trade and Barter, as well as for Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade (both Dawnguard and non Dawnguard versions). Given that I believe Neo has said he wants to include WAF in Skyrim Revisited at some point soon, I'm wondering if you're using those compatibility patches, or at least took a look at them yet? I did look, but I don't know if I'm doing it right or looking for the proper things.

I dont use the WAF patches as I'm also holding off for a dragonborn version. I do use T&B fix tho but I merged it into one of my other patches. ALL it does is change the description text of a perk anyway :)