Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

I noticed Book Covers Skyrim in SR:LE, but no Improved Skill Books by elGrecoLoco, which might be a good addition (allowing skill books to be picked up without reading) & Daniel Coffey includes a patch: BCS - ISB.

I see iHUD in the pack, I find its stat-bar hiding features pair nicely with Exhaustion by Isoku (I set the MCM to give me heavy breathing when Stamina hits 50%, health hits 25% and Magicka hits 5% - its fully configurable to any preference) and Important Information Overhaul by Apollodown (I set the MCM to give me lightly blurred vision when Stamina hits 25% and Magicka hits 5%, moderately blurred vision when health hits 25% - its fully configurable to any preference).

I also see A Matter of Time by SkyAmigo, you might also consider its FISS -mates (by LordConti2); Dynamic Potions by Egocarib, Enchanted Arsenal by Egocarib, Minimal HUD by LordConti2, Spellmaking in Skyrim by KhalEdos, Take Notes by LordConti2. FISS of course lets SR:LE users enter your MCM directions from the guide once and those settings will be updated across all saves & profiles.

• +1 1

Thanks for including Immersive Armors, I had passed on that myself previously but I'm glad I added it as part of SR:LE lots of good content there. I agree that Immersive Weapons isn't at the same level, I'm using Insanity's Lore Weapon Expansion and think it would be worth considering for SR:LE, pairs nicely with Private Eye's Heavy Armory (CCOR compatible) which you might also consider.

Edited by redirishlord
  • +1 1

Dramatic Clouds as recommended in the guide look great, but only change the lower clouds. You might consider adding Realistic Clouds by Frozunswaidon to change the upper. I've been using the two together, hiding the lower clouds textures in Realistic Clouds, and they pair quite nicely.

Realistic Clouds, hide the following textures;

skyrimclouds01.dds

skyrimcloudsheet01.dds

skyrimcloudshorizon01.dds

skyrimcloudslower01.dds

skyrimcloudslower02.dds

skyrimcloudslower03.dds

skyrimcloudslower04.dds

What are your thoughts on the Character Creation Overhaul? While the return of classes and more racial diversity are awesome, what really makes it stand out in my eyes is the implementation of major/minor skills. This really aids in making each character build unique, and making gameplay more diverse

Edited by DefyVelocity

I've been enjoying EBD - EveryBody's Different Redone by MongoMonk quite a bit, primarily as a gender animations & lore-friendly racial height fixer, but the texture & facepart randomizer is quite nice as well. It is skyproc patcher based and plays nice with SUM (allowing me to have a combined DSR / EBD plugin).

I set the femine animation fix, which unchecks the reverse gender animations where present. I use the following settings for race heights (you can of course recommend what you feel is most lore friendly as I have departed from that a bit for personal taste);

Female offset height:  -3

Nord height min/max:  101/107

Breton height min/max:  95/101

Imperial height min/max:  95/101

Redguard height min/max:  98/104

Orc height min/max:  104/110

Altmer height min/max:  107/113

Bosmer height min/max:  92/98

Dunmer height min/max:  98/104

Argonian height min/max:  98/104

Khajiit height min/max:  92/113 *

* I made Khajiit height encompass a range from Bosmer to Altmer to roughly simulate some of the different lore breeds.

There are a variety of texture packs available to give an "AV" type section to random NPCs, you can disable this feature (and the face parts randomizer feature) for unique NOCs (so that Skjor doesn't look like Fabio if you have ApachiiHair).

• 2 weeks later...