Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

Really really loving Hunterborn atm... killing animals and skinning them takes time... no more running up and taking ingredients from that dead skeever, get your hunting knife out boys and girls...

How about Hunting In Skyrim as an addition? These 2 mods would complement each other pretty well I think. Never used HIS though, so I wouldn't know how well it performs.

Would also like to suggest bookshelves script SKSE - it's a simple, but so brilliant mod! Same thing as Unlimited Bookshelves if anyone remembers it, but the latter one was full of errors.

What about these pair of mods?

Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild

Enhanced Skyrim Followers - Aela the Huntress

Haven't really tried either of those, but I will try them on my next playthough. Looks like really well designed mods.

And these two as well!

What about these pair of mods?

Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild

Enhanced Skyrim Followers - Aela the Huntress

Haven't really tried either of those, but I will try them on my next playthough. Looks like really well designed mods.

And these two as well!

Interesting.  The latter looks like it is incompatible with Convenient Horses, or at least does not carry those changes over to that mod's follower. But I do like follower mods that expand the interaction with followers. Looks like they are planning on making it fully voiced in some future update.

I really like Unread Books Glow which places a configurable glow on unread books. It makes it simple to spot any books you haven't yet read whenever you come across them in the world, trivial to pick out any quest or skill books, and once you've read them the glow disappears, so any displays you have aren't affected.  It's turned me into some sort of bizarre scholar-thief, breaking into people's houses just to read their books.

Has anyone tried the No Death Mod ( https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29312 )? It seems like a pretty cool mod. If it works it would avoid the death-corruption of reloading last save, as well as make have have a bit more of a consequence. Plus it seems immersive (assuming you don;t have the will to toss away the the character you have spent dozens of hours developing) - knocked unconscious, looted and left for dead in the wilderness or rescued and brought back to a temple (sort of like Mjoll) sounds like it could be part of the plot of a hero. It would make losing a fight have more of a consequence than just reloading a save plus it would still be part of your overall story.

Seems pretty good if it works.

I really like Unread Books Glow which places a configurable glow on unread books. It makes it simple to spot any books you haven't yet read whenever you come across them in the world' date=' trivial to pick out any quest or skill books, and once you've read them the glow disappears, so any displays you have aren't affected. It's turned me into some sort of bizarre scholar-thief, breaking into people's houses just to read their books.[/quote']

I used to use that, before Better Skill & Quest Book Names was added to SR. With the recent removal of BSQBN I'd considering adding Unread Books Glow back in, as I like to be able to keep track of what I have read and haven't. That being said, it hasn't been updated since March (not that long ago) and the author appears to still be active in bug reports and on the forum.

I'm not schooled enough in modding to see if it has any conflicts, or needs patches. Worth a look though.