Merged Patch SSEdit Plugin Loading Limit Question

Arel

Question

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a merged patch form my game but the SSEdit seems to dislike my mod count and gives me this error.

I've been researching for quite a while and I am pretty confused and overwhelmed so I feel like I needed to ask this to more experienced people.

There is a loverslab post that says something like creating 2 merged patches? I didn't really understood what was trying to be told so I didn't actually do it. I don't know if we're allowed to link loverslab so I am not linking the post at the moment.

Also some say smashed patches are far more superior to the merged and bashed patches which yet I have no idea and even how to compare these with each other and I see the Mator Smash is on LE which I don't know if it is usable in SSE so I hesitate on that. I'd like your opinions and advise if possible.

I've created my ultimate version of modded Skyrim but of course I need this merge patch to get me started on resolving conflicts so I can dive in to the manual fixing phase and forward the needed/preferred records. I've created few patches before for SkyTEST, Animal Tweaks, NARC and Faction Fixes Vanilla to work together but I don't really know about merged patches.

I'll create a merged patched then create a bashed patch with Wyre, if I can solve this issue that is.

merged patch error.png

Edited by Arel

11 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Your patch is ok:

• CCOR removes the vanilla Amethyst, replaces it by a Garnet for arbitrary "balancing" reasons in the mod author's mind, and adds a bunch of its own stuff.
  • CACO keeps the vanilla Amethyst and adds a bunch of its own stuff.
  • The merged list combines both mods own stuff, and replaces the vanilla Amethyst by a vanilla Garnet, which is the correct interpretation IMHO.

It's fine. You can keep both Amethyst and Garnet if you want, or just one or the other, it won't break the game, it'll only affect the type of loot you can find at level 1 and above.

CACO and CCOR mods were made by the same person but they are inconsistent in this case, only they know the reason for that, if there is any. You can use your own judgement and decide which one is "right": replace the Amethyst by a lesser gem, or not.

Thanks for letting me know buddy :) 

13 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Your patch is ok:

• CCOR removes the vanilla Amethyst, replaces it by a Garnet for arbitrary "balancing" reasons in the mod author's mind, and adds a bunch of its own stuff.
  • CACO keeps the vanilla Amethyst and adds a bunch of its own stuff.
  • The merged list combines both mods own stuff, and replaces the vanilla Amethyst by a vanilla Garnet, which is the correct interpretation IMHO.

It's fine. You can keep both Amethyst and Garnet if you want, or just one or the other, it won't break the game, it'll only affect the type of loot you can find at level 1 and above.

CACO and CCOR mods were made by the same person but they are inconsistent in this case, only they know the reason for that, if there is any. You can use your own judgement and decide which one is "right": replace the Amethyst by a lesser gem, or not.

Hey man, what about conditions? I feel like I should not forward all of them but I don't really know and google doesn't really show up much about conditions. I've forwarded some conditions on previous mods like Marriage Mod and Multiple Adoption and Improved Adoptions mods by choosing which one I want but here Immersive Citizens is winning the conflict and USSEP change is being reverted. Is there a way to know if this is intentional or not?

resim_2022-02-20_162406.png

2 hours ago, Arel said:

what about conditions?

Conditions are trickier. If they're not merged or conflicts are not resolved properly they can break dialog, quests, scenes, etc. Try to find existing compatibility patches between your mods if possible.

Be mindful of AND and OR logical operators when merging conditions to follow correct precedence rules. By default conditions are ANDed together, unless OR is explicitly specified by the condition (eg. "Equal to / Or"). See this and that for more details. In some complex and relatively rare cases you may need to change a condition in your patch from AND to OR or vice-versa and re-order them.

2 hours ago, Arel said:

here Immersive Citizens is winning the conflict and USSEP change is being reverted. Is there a way to know if this is intentional or not?

If a mod doesn't require USSEP or its description doesn't mention compatibility with USSEP, it usually means that it was made without caring for USSEP.

I don't know what the dialog topic is in your particular case, but it's probably safe to merge both conditions, so that the line is spoken only when Mralki (NPC) is not dead, and only when the NPC speaking the line is located in Rorikstead.

It helps to read the dialog to get some context, rather than blindly merging conditions.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

Conditions are trickier. If they're not merged or conflicts are not resolved properly they can break dialog, quests, scenes, etc. Try to find existing compatibility patches between your mods if possible.

Be mindful of AND and OR logical operators when merging conditions to follow correct precedence rules. By default conditions are ANDed together, unless OR is explicitly specified by the condition (eg. "Equal to / Or"). See this and that for more details. In some complex and relatively rare cases you may need to change a condition in your patch from AND to OR or vice-versa and re-order them.

If a mod doesn't require USSEP or its description doesn't mention compatibility with USSEP, it usually means that it was made without caring for USSEP.

I don't know what the dialog topic is in your particular case, but it's probably safe to merge both conditions, so that the line is spoken only when Mralki (NPC) is not dead, and only when the NPC speaking the line is located in Rorikstead.

It helps to read the dialog to get some context, rather than blindly merging conditions.

Thanks I'll look into these when I have the time.