SKSE CTD on Save

I did turn off the antivirus. The problem from what I can tell was that you need to make specific exceptions for the .exe files from scanning. Turning off the antivirus apparently doesn't affect how the antivirus flags files for scanning.

Likewise, the antivirus was never actually blocking anything from running in the sense it was on some "do not run list." For whatever reason, in my case the fact the .exes didn't have an exception from being scanned (again, not actively being blocked) messed up the whole setup. That is why the person in the reddit post you linked had to uninstall his antivirus for it to work, rather than just turn it off. I'm no expert on this, I could be wrong with my speculation, but from my position and how I've been playing around now with the antivirus, I think this was the reason why it all didn't work. This is a sample of what I've done with the antivirus in order to fix the problem (notice the words "scan exception"):

360872533_Exceptionspic.thumb.png.d78e988d7b20fbbbee88c2b332ad0fc3.png

I agree with you, 3rd-party security tools are awful for modding and bad in a lot ways generally. I'll add though that this isn't the first time I've modded skyrim while using this specific antivirus. I've never encountered this problem before with it, or when playing any other game. It might be because of some strange interaction with windows 11 (as the post you linked mentioned, they were also using windows 11). 

Again, thank you for the help. Sorry if you feel like I wasted your time.

Edited by bigbobpataki