Flying crows sse lod issues

Hello, dyndolod is telling me this :

[00:20] <Warning: LOD model meshes\lod\flyingcrow_lod.nif has same CRC32 as full model Meshes\crow\flyingcrow.nif FlyingCrowsSSE.esp FlyingCrow_FLOCK "Crow" [MSTT:FE02080A]>
[00:20] <Warning: LOD model contains controller block: meshes\lod\flyingcrow_lod.nif FlyingCrowsSSE.esp FlyingCrow_FLOCK "Crow" [MSTT:FE02080A]>

And the manual suggest rebuilding the lod the proper way. I have no idea how to do that, is it worth the effort to try and fix it or should I just ignore it?

12 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

Hello, dyndolod is telling me this :

And the manual suggest rebuilding the lod the proper way. I have no idea how to do that, is it worth the effort to try and fix it or should I just ignore it?

The first issue is because the mod author simply copied the full model and renamed the file with full-model CRC as a static LOD model rather than optimizing the LOD model for LOD.

Not sure about the second "controller block" error. For that, @sheson will need to advise

You should mention what version of DynDOLOD you are running (v2 I assume?) and/or post all log files from DynDOLOD, including any bugreport.txt if it exists.

30 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The first issue is because the mod author simply copied the full model and renamed the file with full-model CRC as a static LOD model rather than optimizing the LOD model for LOD.

Not sure about the second "controller block" error. For that, @sheson will need to advise

You should mention what version of DynDOLOD you are running (v2 I assume?) and/or post all log files from DynDOLOD, including any bugreport.txt if it exists.

Im using v3 and the manual says

LOD model contains controller block

A LOD model might be using animation or other features that are not supported by object LOD. Create a dedicated object LOD model, use approbriate mesh rules instead or create a dedicated dynamic LOD model.

Thats what prompted my question. Having to draw a whole model souds complicated.

43 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

Im using v3 and the manual says

Thats what prompted my question. Having to draw a whole model souds complicated.

You don't need to create the model from scratch but rather copy those components from the full model into a base model prepped for LOD. See .\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools for some empty LOD NIFs designed for trees or .\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD for others.

I have no experience creating LOD models for anything other than trees (for which I have done many and am still doing for several mods). I'm sure it's a similar process, but I'm not sure where to start, so you should post in sheson's DynDOLOD topic if he doesn't respond here in the next 24 hours.

Why is this not asked on the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread?

If a model is not or can not be optimized for LOD it is not a LOD model and should not use object LOD or dynamic LOD file name conventions.

Simply create the appropriate mesh rules to use the full model for dynamic LOD.

Obviously models with animations should not be assigned to object LOD either way.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Why is this not asked on the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread?

If a model is not or can not be optimized for LOD it is not a LOD model and should not use object LOD or dynamic LOD file name conventions.

Simply create the appropriate mesh rules to use the full model for dynamic LOD.

Obviously models with animations should not be assigned to object LOD either way.

Didnt report it there because I thought it was an issue with this particular mod and not with dyndolod, want me to post it there with logs?

22 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

Didnt report it there because I thought it was an issue with this particular mod and not with dyndolod, want me to post it there with logs?

Yes, that is where sheson services all DynDOLOD issues. You will want to pick the v2 or v3 topic as applicable.