STEP Lighting and Weather Patch Missing Master

Yahu

I've recently (starting with a fresh install of the game) followed the STEP 0.2.0b guide for Skyrim SE, in which I did install the optional "Audiovisual - Lighting & Weather" section. I've noticed that when I move the "Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp" file from "Available ESPs" to "Optional ESPs" (per the "Detailed instructions available" link for the "Skyrim SE Particle Patch for ENB"), however, that I then get a message in MO2 stating that "STEP Skyrim SE - CR Patch.esp" is missing "Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp" as a Master.

Am I missing something here?
I've spent hours looking at this issue. At this point, my brain is mush. So, I totally could be not seeing something obvious. As such, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Yahu

I don't recall that being in the instructions, hmm. My guess would be that this is a change made for the soon to be released 0.3.0b. On the changelog it mentions updated instructions to hide the plugin: https://wiki.step-project.com/Changelog/0.3.0b

I'm assuming this new instruction won't work without the new patch intended for 0.3.0b.

Edited by Chadric

I've recently (starting with a fresh install of the game) followed the STEP 0.2.0b guide for Skyrim SE, in which I did install the optional "Audiovisual - Lighting & Weather" section. I've noticed that when I move the "Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp" file from "Available ESPs" to "Optional ESPs" (per the "Detailed instructions available" link for the "Skyrim SE Particle Patch for ENB"), however, that I then get a message in MO2 stating that "STEP Skyrim SE - CR Patch.esp" is missing "Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp" as a Master.

Am I missing something here?

I've spent hours looking at this issue. At this point, my brain is mush. So, I totally could be not seeing something obvious. As such, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't recall that being in the instructions, hmm. My guess would be that this is a change made for the soon to be released 0.3.0b. On the changelog it mentions updated instructions to hide the plugin: https://wiki.step-project.com/Changelog/0.3.0b

I'm assuming this new instruction won't work without the new patch intended for 0.3.0b.

Yeah, what chadric said. It's for the upcoming release. Just leave it in for now or wait for the release.