Oakwood (by Arthmoor)

TechAngel85

29 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

We've talked about just dropping this mod, because it really doesn't add any value to the game. It's just a village with nothing to do so it's just filling space. I think Helarchen Creek is the same; it's just generic content that fills space. No real reason to go there. 

Thank you. This is exactly why i've been omitting Oakwood, Helarchen Creek and also Oblivion Gates from my STEP install. (With all the additions from AE there is already this feeling of 'Overcrowdedness' in Skyrim)

Maybe STEP would consider communicating these mods as optional?

4 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

We've talked about just dropping this mod, because it really doesn't add any value to the game. It's just a village with nothing to do so it's just filling space. I think Helarchen Creek is the same; it's just generic content that fills space. No real reason to go there. 

It does add a bit of exploration value, albeit not much at all.  Nice to visit a town that was in TES:Arena though.

4 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I don't use Arthmoor's Oakwood and Helarchen for this reason. It is nothing but filler. So I would support dropping them both.

I have tried Schlitzohr's Oakwood and it looks and works better than Artmoor's version, in my opinion. But that is personal preference I guess.

9 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Thank you. This is exactly why i've been omitting Oakwood, Helarchen Creek and also Oblivion Gates from my STEP install. (With all the additions from AE there is already this feeling of 'Overcrowdedness' in Skyrim)

Maybe STEP would consider communicating these mods as optional?

Optional would be good as I'd prefer to keep it.  Arthmoor's Oakwood is currently required by the CR patch so for me to even consider the other Oakwood may cause issues.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No one would happen to have a pre-anniversary version around would they? I forgot that Arthmoor doesn't archive any older versions and I accidentally replaced the old one I had when I forgot to change the name. Wouldn't be that much of an issue if the SE Step Patch I have didn't need Oakwood but the latest Oakwood wants everything AE.