Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

TechAngel85

The cleaned textures have not been incorporated into the new 2.1.0 version. The BSA still contains the original textures in the old format.

So you should still install (or keep them as the case may be) the cleaned textures, and since those are loose files, you can rename ironwood_n.dds to ironwood01_n.dds as needed.

Basically: no changes from the current guide instructions, except 'Temporary Patch for Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered' no longer exists, as it's been merged into the main plugin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

The cleaned textures have not been incorporated into the new 2.1.0 version. The BSA still contains the original textures in the old format.

So you should still install (or keep them as the case may be) the cleaned textures, and since those are loose files, you can rename ironwood_n.dds to ironwood01_n.dds as needed.

Basically: no changes from the current guide instructions, except 'Temporary Patch for Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered' no longer exists, as it's been merged into the main plugin.

Wouldn't you still need to extract the BSA and then hide or delete 'Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul - Textures.bsa' since it also includes the 'interface' folder and a few more textures that are not in the optional cleaned textures mod?  Or is your intention to install the cleaned textures mod separately and placed after CACO, rather than merged?  Or do folders take precedence over the folders within BSA files (so merging would be okay)?

Edited by Kattmandu

7 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Wouldn't you still need to extract the BSA and then hide or delete 'Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul - Textures.bsa' since it also includes the 'interface' folder and a few more textures that are not in the optional cleaned textures mod?

No, there is no need. I'm not quite understanding why you'd want to do that in this case. Is there something that you're worried about specifically?

If the game needs to load a file that is not provided by the cleaned textures mod, it will look into the 'Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul - Textures.bsa'.

This is the same mechanism taking place between the vanilla BSAs 'Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, ..., Skyrim - Textures8.bsa' and any texture replacer installed as loose files.

29 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Or is your intention to install the cleaned textures mod separately and placed after CACO, rather than merged?

Personally yes I install them separately, below CACO on MO2's left side. It's easier to manage IMHO. Like with this update, I updated CACO and didn't need to re-install the cleaned textures on top of it, they simply remained where they were, below.

31 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Or do folders take precedence over the folders within BSA files (so merging would be okay)?

Yes they do take precedence over BSA files, and "merging" into the same mod is okay. Not the most practical or flexible in terms of maintenance, as mentioned above, but it works just fine.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

This is what I do too. I prefer not to merge in most cases so I can remember what files from the mod I installed.

Same.

We'll likely need to update the instructions again, since I'm sure the SKSE folder will almost certainly be fixed soon. I also reported the texture naming issue, so that will likely also be fixed soon as well.

33 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Same.

We'll likely need to update the instructions again, since I'm sure the SKSE folder will almost certainly be fixed soon. I also reported the texture naming issue, so that will likely also be fixed soon as well.

The mod author responded to vachnic's (ButchDiavolo) post on the mod page.  It appears they fixed all the issues we have recently discussed.  Downloading now.

Yup, confirmed all issues are fixed.

image.thumb.png.3205ec5f6dcd707f8dc348cdadd27674.png

image.thumb.png.65f3e24fa12ad056b0091737602c7b3a.png

Edited by Kattmandu
  • +1 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...