Step SkyrimSE Patches (by Step Modifications)

TechAngel85

1 hour ago, CorneliusC said:

Hi (again). Near the end of my 2.1 installation i seem to be having a somewhat similiar problem with the Lighting & Weather patch as in 2.0 (see the posts above). LOOT is sorting 'Realistic Water Two' right after the Lighting & Weather patch resulting in several CELL (around 45 entries) records being overwritten by RWT2, overwriting entries forwarded from 'Ambiance'. Based on your advice the last time i now added RWT2 as a master to the Lighting & Weather patch to keep the forwarding entries in the patch. I attached my current load order just after adding the new master and before starting generating LOD. Will i be allright with this? Thank you ...

40 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

It was probably a miss, but RWT should be a master for the Patch, regardless if it's needed or not, just so it sorts correctly.

Yeah, I thought I had done this for the 2.1.0 patch, but I must've forgotten. I will upload the updated patch momentarily.

I noticed one line in the CR patch forwarding an entry from 'Lucien Lachance AE' (Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 000A0E49 <DBSpectralAssassin>) without the script properties and the new ghost shader from 'Ghost Mechanics and Shaders restored'. I am just curious whether this is intentional and why, otherwise i would forward the mentioned properties and shaders into the patch? Thanks ...

Spoiler

DBSpectralAssassin.thumb.jpg.a15d74129b8e3365d288080144b2fec0.jpg

Edited by CorneliusC

36 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

I noticed one line in the CR patch forwarding an entry from 'Lucien Lachance AE' without the script properties and the new ghost shader from 'Ghost Mechanics and Shaders restored'. I am just curious whether this is intentional and why, otherwise i would forward the mentioned properties and shaders into the patch? Thanks ...

Hide contents

DBSpectralAssassin.thumb.jpg.a15d74129b8e3365d288080144b2fec0.jpg

I agree.This was simply missed.

It doesn't hurt to test though, so if you want to make that change on your end and let us know the in-game result is 'good', that's always appreciated. Otherwise, I am inclined to forward those changes. We'll have a look at this and anything similar and update accordingly soon-ish.

38 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It doesn't hurt to test though, so if you want to make that change on your end and let us know the in-game result is 'good', that's always appreciated. Otherwise, I am inclined to forward those changes. We'll have a look at this and anything similar and update accordingly soon-ish.

Thank you. Though i am not sure i am the one who knows how to properly test this ...

I actually stumbled across this because 'Ghost Mechanics and Shaders restored' is overwriting the 'Summon Familiar' changes from Odin and i wanted to patch that and add it to my STEP-CR patch. Would you be so kind to look if i've done this right? This would add 'Odin' as a master to the patch, which i am fine with ...

Spoiler

Odin-EncSummonFamiliar1.thumb.jpg.3cfe6916a62007caef459dbdab2469aa.jpg

Odin-EncSummonFamiliar2.thumb.jpg.cc4f54ef06b1b2a377d9ffca7b990d04.jpg

( 'Ghost Mechanics and Shaders restored' is also not applied to at least two? NPC's in the CC content 'Necromantic Grimoire')

39 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

Thank you. Though i am not sure i am the one who knows how to properly test this ...

I actually stumbled across this because 'Ghost Mechanics and Shaders restored' is overwriting the 'Summon Familiar' changes from Odin and i wanted to patch that and add it to my STEP-CR patch. Would you be so kind to look if i've done this right? This would add 'Odin' as a master to the patch, which i am fine with ...

Hide contents

Odin-EncSummonFamiliar1.thumb.jpg.3cfe6916a62007caef459dbdab2469aa.jpg

Odin-EncSummonFamiliar2.thumb.jpg.cc4f54ef06b1b2a377d9ffca7b990d04.jpg

( 'Ghost Mechanics and Shaders restored' is also not applied to at least two? NPC's in the CC content 'Necromantic Grimoire')

The test would be to find those ghosts to see if there is anything odd going on. The assumption is 'no'.

If the goal is to combine and patch those changes, it looks correct to me. I'm not sure what the result in game will be, but the assumption is that the combined effects will be compatible.

55 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The test would be to find those ghosts to see if there is anything odd going on. The assumption is 'no'.

I'll definitely will let you know if i'll have any 'odd' ghost encounters in-game. (With testing i meant specific methods to load and test via console, which i am not good at ...)

1 hour ago, CorneliusC said:

I'll definitely will let you know if i'll have any 'odd' ghost encounters in-game. (With testing i meant specific methods to load and test via console, which i am not good at ...)

Yeah, that's not easy and takes a lot of time to set up. I would want to test within the context of the normal encounter rather than in some random location where related components of the game are n/a.

23 hours ago, z929669 said:

Yeah, that's not easy and takes a lot of time to set up. I would want to test within the context of the normal encounter rather than in some random location where related components of the game are n/a.

The 'Odin' - 'Ghosts Mechanics and Shaders restored' patch seems to be working fine, the summoned familiar has the new shaders and mechanics combined with additional features like 'Regenerate Magicka' from Odin, really nice to have this improved familiar in early levels ...

I have also attached my edit for 'Lucien Lachance' - 'Ghosts Mechanics and Shaders restored'. (Seemed to make sense here to omit the the skin tone tint colors from USSEP?). Have yet to encounter Lucien Lachance though ...

Spoiler

DBSpectralAssassinEdit.thumb.jpg.8b982798f32ff8f415d0d5161b61e784.jpg

DBSpectralAssassinEdit2.thumb.jpg.ed7ac6a61bd68d3ac82a027b9bc89f53.jpg

Edited by CorneliusC

48 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

The 'Odin' - 'Ghosts Mechanics and Shaders restored' patch seems to be working fine, the summoned familiar has the new shaders and mechanics combined with additional features like 'Regenerate Magicka' from Odin, really nice to have this improved familiar in early levels ...

I have also attached my edit for 'Lucien Lachance' - 'Ghosts Mechanics and Shaders restored'. (Seemed to make sense here to omit the the skin tone tint colors from USEEP?). Have yet to encounter Lucien Lachance though ...

Hide contents

DBSpectralAssassinEdit.thumb.jpg.8b982798f32ff8f415d0d5161b61e784.jpg

DBSpectralAssassinEdit2.thumb.jpg.ed7ac6a61bd68d3ac82a027b9bc89f53.jpg

This is how I did it in my dev. Merged all changes with preference for EVE where conflicting and for USSEP where null (without evidence):

image.png

I also found some sound conflicts in the other EVE plugin and preferred (also without evidence) the AOS changes:

image.png

image.png

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, LittleGuy said:

When following the guide, is the Step-CR patch all that is needed to generate grass LOD, or is NGIO still needed to create a CGID cache?
(sorry if this was answered before)

The Step CR patch is all that's needed. It has the grass files for the build. NGIO is not compatible with updated SSE game

The grass in the loaded cell is too bright compared to the grass LOD:

ScreenShot42.thumb.jpg.8284a24035aa940ad54b60d0a4283b5d.jpg ScreenShot44.thumb.jpg.b1db02155a08aa9b53d11288f3381657.jpg

Which settings for [ComplexGrass] would need to be tweaked to lessen this?
Out of SpecularMultiplier, SubSurfaceScatteringAmount, BasicGrassSSSAmount, BasicGrassFakeLight, FakeLight, which would be the best to test around with?
PS. I'd prefer a ENB solution since the loaded grass is a little too bright (But maybe we could brighten the LOD a little too?) :thinking:

Edited by LittleGuy
I'd prefer a ENB soultion.

1 hour ago, LittleGuy said:

The grass in the loaded cell is too bright compared to the grass LOD:

ScreenShot42.thumb.jpg.8284a24035aa940ad54b60d0a4283b5d.jpg ScreenShot44.thumb.jpg.b1db02155a08aa9b53d11288f3381657.jpg

Which settings for [ComplexGrass] would need to be tweaked to lessen this?
Out of SpecularMultiplier, SubSurfaceScatteringAmount, BasicGrassSSSAmount, BasicGrassFakeLight, FakeLight, which would be the best to test around with?
PS. I'd prefer a ENB solution since the loaded grass is a little too bright (But maybe we could brighten the LOD a little too?) :thinking:

Are you using a Step ENB with all patches and recommended TexGen and DynDOLOD_SSe.ini  settings for grass? If so, then you should be close to optimal. Keep in mind that CG will not always match grass LOD, depending on weather and ToD. At the console type set timescale to 5000, from a good vantage with plenty of loaded and LOD grass looking N or S across the tundra, for example. If you want to minimize the CG effect, then edit enbseries.ini CG as follows from current for these settings:

[COMPLEXGRASS]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true

SubSurfaceScatteringAmountDawn=0.1
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountSunrise=0.2
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountDay=0.25
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountSunset=0.2
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountDusk=0.1
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountNight=0.1
FakeLightDawn=0.0
FakeLightSunrise=0.0
FakeLightDay=0.0
FakeLightSunset=0.0
FakeLightDusk=0.0

... you could also edit each weather INI likewise, leaving IgnoreWeatherSystem=false in enbseries.ini, but that's more work.

Alternatively, increase Direct/Ambient for grass in TexGen by about 20 each, ish.

Or do some combination of the above.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:
[COMPLEXGRASS]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true

SubSurfaceScatteringAmountDawn=0.1
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountSunrise=0.2
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountDay=0.25
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountSunset=0.2
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountDusk=0.1
SubSurfaceScatteringAmountNight=0.1
FakeLightDawn=0.0
FakeLightSunrise=0.0
FakeLightDay=0.0
FakeLightSunset=0.0
FakeLightDusk=0.0

... you could also edit each weather INI likewise, leaving IgnoreWeatherSystem=false in enbseries.ini, but that's more work.

Alternatively, increase Direct/Ambient for grass in TexGen by about 20 each, ish.

Or do some combination of the above.

These tweaks > These tweaks+20 increase to Direct/Ambient:
ScreenShot51.thumb.jpg.faf29c2e357c5fdb1e3680bcfd18f507.jpg ScreenShot54.thumb.jpg.9decd03fd3d29f33273e96b2b0adbff6.jpg

StepENB > StepENB+20 increase to Direct/Ambient:
ScreenShot50.thumb.jpg.2e0209a01e21318a62530a43257c8603.jpg ScreenShot53.thumb.jpg.f9256a8cc463e276a720cc71b3f3deee.jpg

I prefer the default ENB with the bumped up Direct/Ambient settings, the tweaked one blends better but looks worse. (Ignore the added moss on the second screenshots :P)

Edited by LittleGuy
Give opinion