DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Well, to "fix" the crash, I reinstalled some of my trees lods and billboards mods.

Installed the latest alpha build of MO still same issue

Check MOs logs. Maybe test with a pre 2.2.1 version.

Edit: Curious that the screenshot now also shows an invalid NIF. If I remember right that was not the case in the log you uploaded earlier.

Edited by sheson

This one looks like it is running out of memory. Try with the x64 version.

If that works there is a a chance it also works with all the enabled mods again. Mods might be adding a lot of really large billboard textures causing memory issues.

if that doesn't change anything, there might be an issue with billboards for the Ash trees typically used on Solstheim. So doublecheck the vanilla billboard installation.

Billboards like textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\treepineforestash01_00017f72.dds etc.

The x64 version works.

But it crash again today.

The log shows it is stack overflow and script error:

https://mega.nz/#!vKY3UaTC!FeKekM5-mIgheNN0MNecdc9IVvk1FpmGc3oWqQ4yii0

The error of getting ref position in the log is not right. I've checked that record. No errors found by xEdit and CK. I even resaved the esp by CK.

The record is from Unique Flowers and Plants I mentioned before. This mod has no error and can work with old version of Dyndolod before.

If I deactivate this mod. Dyndolod still stop and crash at other step.

The x64 version works.

But it crash again today.

The log shows it is stack overflow and script error:

https://mega.nz/#!vKY3UaTC!FeKekM5-mIgheNN0MNecdc9IVvk1FpmGc3oWqQ4yii0

The error of getting ref position in the log is not right. I've checked that record. No errors found by xEdit and CK. I even resaved the esp by CK.

The record is from Unique Flowers and Plants I mentioned before. This mod has no error and can work with old version of Dyndolod before.

If I deactivate this mod. Dyndolod still stop and crash at other step.

[00:00:39.939]	Error getting position for "[REFR:FE019BD8] (places RJuniperBush [TREE:FE019B8E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000075E3] (in Tamriel "天霜" [WRLD:0000003C] at -35,-2))": Invalid pointer operation

You seem to believe xEdit is just making up error messages?

If removing a plugin stop that error from happening, then the plugin is the reason for that error. The plugin should be fixed.

Check the x, y, z position of that record MANUALLY in xEdit. It seems likely that xEdit is unable to convert the number to valid floating point values.

If you have a different error, without the plugin, that different error is caused by something else.

No information was provided about this different error.

Edited by sheson

[00:00:39.939]	Error getting position for "[REFR:FE019BD8] (places RJuniperBush [TREE:FE019B8E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000075E3] (in Tamriel "天霜" [WRLD:0000003C] at -35,-2))": Invalid pointer operation

You seem to believe xEdit is just making up error messages?

If removing a plugin stop that error from happening, then the plugin is the reason for that error. The plugin should be fixed.

Check the x, y, z position of that record MANUALLY in xEdit. It seems likely that xEdit is unable to convert the number to valid floating point values.

If you have a different error, without the plugin, that different error is caused by something else.

No information was provided about this different errors or crashes. 

Certainly I've checked that record manually. No error at all. You can check it by yourself if you don't trust me. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20407

Second time I run Dyndolod without anything changed. This error disappeared. And Dyndolod successfully start to generate lod of Tamriel.

But again, freezed at "Creating atlas textures L\DyndolodAAA\Dyndolod_Output\Textures\Dyndolod\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds from 245 textures".

Yes it just freeze there with 0 CPU, 6,218,556K RAM, 0 disc usage for 1 hour. So I have to terminate the process.

Everytime I run dyndolod it gives different errors. Like access violation, stack overflow, script errors, freezing or crash directly.

Edited by Elzee

Another thing I found, maybe related to my issue:

1.Run Dyndolodx64.exe in SSE mode.

2.Enter Advanced Mode.

3.Select all world.

4.Click the "High" button.

5.Then quickly drag down the mesh lodgen rule scroll before the new rule loading completed. You Must be quick and don't use the mouse wheel, just drag that scroll down.

6.Crash or freeze.

Edited by Elzee

Another thing I found, maybe related to my issue:

1.Run Dyndolodx64.exe in SSE mode.

2.Enter Advanced Mode.

3.Select all world.

4.Click the "High" button.

5.Then quickly drag down the mesh lodgen rule scroll before the new rule loading completed. You Must be quick and don't use the mouse wheel, just drag that scroll down.

6.Crash or freeze.

Such Form timing issues are unrelated to errors caused by broken plugins.

Certainly I've checked that record manually. No error at all. You can check it by yourself if you don't trust me. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20407

Second time I run Dyndolod without anything changed. This error disappeared. And Dyndolod successfully start to generate lod of Tamriel.

But again, freezed at "Creating atlas textures L\DyndolodAAA\Dyndolod_Output\Textures\Dyndolod\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds from 245 textures".

Yes it just freeze there with 0 CPU, 6,218,556K RAM, 0 disc usage for 1 hour. So I have to terminate the process.

Everytime I run dyndolod it gives different errors. Like access violation, stack overflow, script errors, freezing or crash directly.

I deactivated the plugin this time, Access violation again.
[00:00:31.231] [Tamriel] Generating LOD
[00:00:40.441] [Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Access violation at address 000000000047F416 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[00:00:40.457] [00:10]  
[00:00:40.457] [00:10] Exception in unit userscript line 251: [Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Access violation at address 000000000047F416 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[00:00:40.457] [00:10] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:00:40.457] [00:10] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:00:40.457] [00:10] Error: [Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Access violation at address 000000000047F416 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I tent to believe error messages coming directly from the xEdit code.

I can not find an ESL flagged ESM plugin at the link you posted. Consequently the ESM/ESP available at Nexus do not have a reference with the form id 00000BD8

It is usually better to flag ESP as ESL if possible.

All what your incomplete posts seem to indicate typically caused by UAC, anti virus or caused by broken plugins or issues with meshes/textures assets. It is also possible these issues are caused by overclocking and memory issues.

Edited by sheson

Such Form timing issues are unrelated to errors caused by broken plugins.

No I've already deactivated all unofficial plugins. This issue stills.

Although it will be very fast for loading rules with only official plugins But if you are quick enough. You can make the program down.

Keep the highlight focus on the "High" button. Then keep the mouse cursor on the scroll.

Press Enter(The high button will be triggered by Enter key), then quickly drag down the scroll by mouse.

Still crashes.

Edited by Elzee

No I've already deactivated all unofficial plugins. This issue stills.

Although it will be very fast for loading rules with only official plugins But if you are quick enough. You can make the program down.

Keep the focus on the "High" button. Then keep the mouse cursor on the scroll.

Press Enter(The high button will be triggered by Enter key), then quickly drag down the scroll by mouse.

Still crashes.

I can also pull the plug real fast to make DynDOLOD not complete.

Also I can generate LOD just fine for all official plugins and mods.

I can also pull the plug real fast to make DynDOLOD not complete.

Also I can generate LOD just fine for all official plugins and mods.

With only official plugins on. Dyndolod succesfully genterated all lods for me.

After that. I re-activated ally my plugins. This time, no errors and crashes. Dyndolod complete his work perefectly.

I doubt it is something about old settings remaining.

With only official plugins on. Dyndolod succesfully genterated all lods for me.

After that. I re-activated ally my plugins. This time, no errors and crashes. Dyndolod complete his work perefectly.

I doubt it is something about old settings remaining.

If it really is this random I suggest to check for hardware issues, like overclocking, cooling, memory timings, bad power supply etc. 

DynDOLOD used to work for me, but after installing some new mods, it causes a ctd a few moments after starting a new game. Also, the Dreamborne Isles world aaariveredge doesn't complete successfully in DynDOLOD because apparently a child worldspace text file in the DynDOLOD directory is missing (I don't know how to make one or find it online). I've included my log so that anyone can see if there's any problematic mod. I'm using the latest version of DynDOLOD 2.61 by the way.

https://privatebin.net/?ac24ec89278562fa#OU2gY4eTLexwq1yWg+P4TAflegxBSrJLlek96YAsJMU=

DynDOLOD used to work for me, but after installing some new mods, it causes a ctd a few moments after starting a new game. Also, the Dreamborne Isles world aaariveredge doesn't complete successfully in DynDOLOD because apparently a child worldspace text file in the DynDOLOD directory is missing (I don't know how to make one or find it online). I've included my log so that anyone can see if there's any problematic mod. I'm using the latest version of DynDOLOD 2.61 by the way.

https://privatebin.net/?ac24ec89278562fa#OU2gY4eTLexwq1yWg+P4TAflegxBSrJLlek96YAsJMU=

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used. Setup ENBoost correctly. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

The log notifying that a config file for child worlds does not exist is normal for almost all worldspaces. The message has no significance.

The log you posted does not mention "aaariveredge" once.

There is also no such worldspace in Dreamborne Islands.esp 1.2

There is a message at the end about checking LODGen logs for error. You did not mention what error you found in that log or upload the log itself.

You seem to have a lot of strangely empty loglines in some places. No idea what to think of that. It makes no sense.

Use a legal copy of the game

Edited by sheson

Thanks for the help, I think the fault was https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23699

Sorry, the world that fails in DynDOLOD is aaariverhead:

[00:02:28.755] Doing LOD for aaariverheadWORLDSPACE added by Dreamborne Islands.esp

[00:02:28.771]   Options 00000010011111001100000010
[00:02:28.787]   Dimensions -10, 11, -10, 11
[00:02:28.803] Loading D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim VR\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini
[00:02:28.819] Not found D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim VR\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworldlod_aaariverheadWORLDSPACE.txt
[00:02:28.835] DynDOLOD.esp 6N4O1S5E1H0S57O8T43T3I0M1B6U0S7 [KYWD:A6000910]
[00:02:28.851] Found bunch of numbers: 6N4O1S5E1H0S57O8T43T3I0M1B6U0S7 in DynDOLOD.esp
[00:02:28.866] Found bunch of numbers: 6N4O1S5E1H0S57O8T43T3I0M1B6U0S7 in DynDOLOD.esp
[00:02:28.883] Reading DynDOLOD.esp with 1195 records for aaariverheadWORLDSPACE
[00:02:28.938]   Read 760 existing records
[00:02:28.954] Read next object id 196105 from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Skyrim VR\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid
[00:02:28.971] Read next object id 196105 from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Skyrim VR\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid
[00:02:29.012] Generating tree LOD for aaariverheadWORLDSPACE with brightness set to 0
[00:02:29.039] [00:00]  
[00:02:29.039] [00:00] Exception in unit userscript line 251: Invalid lodsettings file
[00:02:29.039] [00:00] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:02:29.039] [00:00] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:02:29.040] [00:00] Error: Invalid lodsettings file

What is this issue though?

[00:28:13.200] <Warning: File [A6] DynDOLOD.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of WhiterunExterior01 [CELL:0000961B] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-3) is missing an overriden record for WhiterunExterior01 [CELL:0000961B] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-3)