DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I have set it to:

uLargeRefLODGridSize=11

So, set a lower value?!

Okay, I'll try...

(I use ULTRA settings)

Done it.

Firstly it looked solved that issue. But...

Interesting and strange. I do not have issue like that just that point.

I made a video with uLargeRefLODGridSize=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IluoZE9jpog&feature=youtu.be

And later with uLargeRefLODGridSize=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NR1NVs8pQ&feature=youtu.be

I do not understand. :/

Edited by kranazoli

Done it.

Firstly it looked solved that issue. But...

Interesting and strange. I do not have issue like that just that point.

I made a video with uLargeRefLODGridSize=11

And later with uLargeRefLODGridSize=5

I do not understand. :/

The videos are unavailable, though I already know how the large reference bugs look and work.

The large reference bugs of Skyrim Special Edition are explained in the DynDOLOD manual.

The videos are unavailable, though I already know how the large reference bugs look and work.

The large reference bugs of Skyrim Special Edition are explained in the DynDOLOD manual.

I admit, I am not really used to upload videos. I just didn't wanted to make it public. I changed them private.

I'll look what can I do...

Thanks, I'll search for that large reference bugs.

I changed private mode to not public.

Now, are videos available?

(I do not want to be YouTuber)

Edited by kranazoli

I read the manual, but I do not really found any solution of that Large Refernce bug.

That meant, there's no solution issue like that?

We have to live, that game is Skyrim?

I read the manual, but I do not really found any solution of that Large Refernce bug.

That meant, there's no solution issue like that?

We have to live, that game is Skyrim?

From first post:

This is called beta because Skyrim Special Edition is still plagued by mods triggering large reference bugs. Until that can be easily resolved there is no pro-active testing and support of mods.

From DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html:

Currently, the only option to mitigate all bugs is to turn large references off as the system is pretty much fubar - like most of the new and "improved" features in Skyrim Special Edition. Some bugs can be mitigated by converting plugins from ESP (plugin) to ESM (masterfile), but in reality it requires discipline and testing by mod authors to stay clear of making certain type of changes to certain existing large references to not cause texture flicker.

Technically the bugs are caused by (visually) incompatible plugins. "Fix" (e.g. remove the large reference edits or convert to ESM) or remove the plugins triggering the bugs. Or turn the large references off.

Edited by sheson

From first post:

This is called beta because Skyrim Special Edition is still plagued by mods triggering large reference bugs. Until that can be easily resolved there is no pro-active testing and support of mods.

From DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html:

Currently, the only option to mitigate all bugs is to turn large references off as the system is pretty much fubar - like most of the new and "improved" features in Skyrim Special Edition. Some bugs can be mitigated by converting plugins from ESP (plugin) to ESM (masterfile), but in reality it requires discipline and testing by mod authors to stay clear of making certain type of changes to certain existing large references to not cause texture flicker.

Technically the bugs are caused by (visually) incompatible plugins. "Fix" (e.g. remove the large reference edits or convert to ESM) or remove the plugins triggering the bugs. Or turn the large references off.

But, the only info I found how to turn it off was:

"the most left position (5) turns it off.

The equivalent setting is in SkyrimPrefs.ini

[General] uLargeRefLODGridSize=number of cells"

My 2nd video show, what's happen if I set it.

Far distant is OK, but when I reach the point where with 11 issue has gone away, with 5 the issue is again flickering.

Less "ugly", but didn't solve that bug.

I do not really know which plugin trigger that issue.

I got to used, that the name of the game is Skyrim, developed by Bugthesda. Most of the time, I am not at Solitude, so I leave that bug, as well, with others.

(for instance water issues)

But, really thanks of your effort!

But, the only info I found how to turn it off was:

"the most left position (5) turns it off.

The equivalent setting is in SkyrimPrefs.ini

[General] uLargeRefLODGridSize=number of cells"

My 2nd video show, what's happen if I set it.

Far distant is OK, but when I reach the point where with 11 issue has gone away, with 5 the issue is again flickering.

Less "ugly", but didn't solve that bug.

I do not really know which plugin trigger that issue.

I got to used, that the name of the game is Skyrim, developed by Bugthesda. Most of the time, I am not at Solitude, so I leave that bug, as well, with others.

(for instance water issues)

But, really thanks of your effort!

The second video shows the typical LOD to full model "transition". The engine always worked like this.

When new cells attaches, it first loads all the full models, then the object LOD is disabled. That means for a brief moment both models show.

There is nothing new and it did not change in Skyrim Special Edition either. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Hi when I try to generate 3D tree lods in SSE I am getting a CTD when I go outside with the DynDOLOD plugins activated.  I've tried reinstalling the resource pack and that has not helped.  I have also tried just generating the 3D lods without any mods installed and am still CTDing on going outside.

Hi when I try to generate 3D tree lods in SSE I am getting a CTD when I go outside with the DynDOLOD plugins activated.  I've tried reinstalling the resource pack and that has not helped.  I have also tried just generating the 3D lods without any mods installed and am still CTDing on going outside.

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used. Setup ENBoost correctly. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

The second video shows the typical LOD to full model "transition". The engine always worked like this.

When new cells attaches, it first loads all the full models, then the object LOD is disabled. That means for a brief moment both models show.

There is nothing new and it did not change in Skyrim Special Edition either. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Sry for the late response, I was busy nowdays...

Okay, first of all I am happy I have managed to solve video issue on YT.

So, as you see both version is buggy. (11 or 5)

5 is shocked me for a couple of minutes. :)

I thought it's okay.

So, ATM we(I) "have to" choose which version is resonable for me?

Which one do you recommend.(In general game)

I do not really know what uLargeRefLODGridSize is.

So, if set it 5 will I miss something from the game visual?

Thank You!

Edited by kranazoli

The new Resources SE v2.63 is missing a folder, "04 DLC2 Vvardenfell 3D Plume\DynDOLOD" which contained "DynDOLOD_SSE_DragonbornEsm_DLC2SolstheimWorld.patch" in previous versions. The FOMOD script is still attempting to install this folder, was this intentionally removed but the FOMOD script wasn't updated, or was it left out by mistake?

The new Resources SE v2.63 is missing a folder, "04 DLC2 Vvardenfell 3D Plume\DynDOLOD" which contained "DynDOLOD_SSE_DragonbornEsm_DLC2SolstheimWorld.patch" in previous versions. The FOMOD script is still attempting to install this folder, was this intentionally removed but the FOMOD script wasn't updated, or was it left out by mistake?

Intentionally removed. It caused issues. Will update the FOMOD ASAP.

Hello. This is my first attempt to use DynDOLOD for SSE and I didn't want to make a new topic so I am asking here. I downloaded the standalone, place it in the SSE Folder. Downloaded the SE Resources and then the Indistinguishable Billboards for SSE, and I put them under the Resources so it overwrites some files.

I launched TexGen64 through MO2, and generated the textures which I loaded in MO2. Then I launched DynDOLOD64, and I thought it went well, although the log file said that there are some errors... I am sending you the log file and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me recognize what errors there are. Thank you

EDIT: For some reason it won't let me upload the txt :(

Here it is: https://file.io/JMkOlS

Edited by Skata20

Hello. This is my first attempt to use DynDOLOD for SSE and I didn't want to make a new topic so I am asking here. I downloaded the standalone, place it in the SSE Folder. Downloaded the SE Resources and then the Indistinguishable Billboards for SSE, and I put them under the Resources so it overwrites some files.

I launched TexGen64 through MO2, and generated the textures which I loaded in MO2. Then I launched DynDOLOD64, and I thought it went well, although the log file said that there are some errors... I am sending you the log file and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me recognize what errors there are. Thank you

EDIT: For some reason it won't let me upload the txt :(

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder, which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure.

Truncate the logfile to the last generation. Use pastebin.com or a file service for large logfiles.

Edited by sheson