DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Correct. They are used in the Forgotten Vale, so distance won't be an issue. If no other mods places them in other worldspaces using them in LOD8/16 is probably fine too. 

However, there are billboards available here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81565/, so that would be the better option.

Nice, thanks!

The hard limit would be number of blocks allowed in NIFs I suppose. Memory will get you before that.

Ok, cause i experimented with the fallback option and got some ctds at certain areas. The nifs however opened perfectly fine in nifskope (around 26 mb in size). But i will just create custom rules for the 3 trees without 3d lods for the next run.

I hope i am not getting on your nerves with my questions but i got another one :D. I know that DynDOLOD is creating a master plugin to work around the large references bug. Right now, i am using jk skyrim and i am pretty sure its making changes to some references, causing them to flicker. I really would like to strip the plugin till it only contains the reference changes and mark it as a master, loading the regular plugin without reference changes later as a usual plugin. Can you please tell me how to identify large reference changes within a plugin?

I hope i am not getting on your nerves with my questions but i got another one :D. I know that DynDOLOD is creating a master plugin to work around the large references bug. Right now, i am using jk skyrim and i am pretty sure its making changes to some references, causing them to flicker. I really would like to strip the plugin till it only contains the reference changes and mark it as a master, loading the regular plugin without reference changes later as a usual plugin. Can you please tell me how to identify large reference changes within a plugin?

Just check the end of the DynDOLOD log for "Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs."

It will have a list of all overwritten large references in non-ESM plugins or say "No large reference is overwritten by an esp" if there are none.

Edited by sheson

Just check the end of the DynDOLOD log for "Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs."

It will have a list of all overwritten large references in non-ESM plugins or say "No large reference is overwritten by an esp" if there are none.

Didnt notice that before, thank you.

I'm getting the open cities error with the newest version of DynDoLod(2.64). Is there a workaround or an old version I can download somewhere? I didn't have this version on 2.62, just 2.64. I tried a fresh reinstall, and that didn't help.

Surprisingly nobody knows what you mean by "the Open Cities error".

If there is an error, fix the cause of error instead of using an outdated version. This not how to do things.

I mean the error where it says that I should remove the plugin(Open Cities.esp) from the master list. I performed the two step lod generation, and it worked on 2.62, however on 2.64 when I go to perform the second step with open cities and its patches enabled it says they should be disabled. This has only happened on the newest version, which I downloaded yesterday from the nexus.

I mean the error where it says that I should remove the plugin(Open Cities.esp) from the master list. I performed the two step lod generation, and it worked on 2.62, however on 2.64 when I go to perform the second step with open cities and its patches enabled it says they should be disabled. This has only happened on the newest version, which I downloaded yesterday from the nexus.

The warning message check is disabled by editing the INI for the second step when following the Open Cities instructions in the manual.

I recently upgraded from 2.57 -> 2.64 and can't generate 3D Tree LOD anymore. I changed the sse ini to TreeLOD=0 immediately after upgrading and am running the same options in DynDOLOD as before. 

https://pastebin.com/AMxJHhqD

https://pastebin.com/ErMSh92t

Thanks for any help.

This is printed to the bottom of the log you posted:

<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Dimfrost_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Sovngarde_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC1HunterHQWorld_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Blackreach_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC01FalmerValley_log.txt>
<Error: LODGenx64.exe check the logfile for errors D:\Games\Modding\SkyrimSE\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_JaphetsFollyWorld_log.txt>

There were errors in one or more LODGen logs (see report above) resulting in incomplete static object LOD.
Check the LODGen logs and fix cause of errors.

Look for the error in those log files as suggested. 

Error in all logs reads: The lz4 assembly requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 runtime installedlz4.AnyCPU.loader

When I try to install 2015 version I get the error message that I have another version of the program installed.

https://i.imgur.com/PTGxIqx.jpg

Do I need to uninstall some of these versions for the 2015 version?

edit: 

Ahh I am seeing another user sam_dmitry had the same issue and your advice was to install the runtimes/obtain a legal version. My version is legal and I have the runtimes. I'll uninstall the x86 versions as it sounds like sam_dmitry did and report back on this.

Thanks.

edit2: if it matters I have the game, DynDOLOD, and the runtimes all on 3 separate HDs. Runtimes are on OS SSD, DynDOLOD is on storage HDD, and the game is on SSD for games.

Edited by misha

Error in all logs reads: The lz4 assembly requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 runtime installedlz4.AnyCPU.loader

When I try to install 2015 version I get the error message that I have another version of the program installed.

https://i.imgur.com/PTGxIqx.jpg

Do I need to uninstall some of these versions for the 2015 version?

edit: 

Ahh I am seeing another user sam_dmitry had the same issue and your advice was to install the runtimes/obtain a legal version. My version is legal and I have the runtimes. I'll uninstall the x86 versions as it sounds like sam_dmitry did and report back on this.

Thanks.

edit2: if it matters I have the game, DynDOLOD, and the runtimes all on 3 separate HDs. Runtimes are on OS SSD, DynDOLOD is on storage HDD, and the game is on SSD for games.

From the Requirement section of the manual:

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 - Required by LODGen.exe. Get matching platform x86/x64 depending on which DynDOLOD.exe (x86) or DynDOLODx64.exe (x64) is used. LODGen.exe will print an explanatory message in case it is missing.

It is one version that covers 2015, 2017 and 2019

Edited by sheson

Guess i need help again with a problem which i cant figure out how to solve myself. When generating 3d tree lod i run into trouble with lodgen creating object lod for the tamriel worldspace. It starts to put out a single 0/0 (empty) file for the same coordinate every time i try to generate lod. After that it continues generating a "normal" file. And after that one it gets stuck and i have to wait around 30 min until it continues. In the meantime dyndolod gave up waiting for a lodgen log and since it continues and finishes (sucessfully?) there is no bugreport. I feel like there is something wrong, but i really dont know what or why. Its not like its freezing in those 30 min, it continues using hardware ressources and the window still responds. All i can give you is this screenshot with the coordinates i am talking about: https://imgur.com/iUhzSBM . I hope this helps a little.

Edited by Tacocat

Guess i need help again with a problem which i cant figure out how to solve myself. When generating 3d tree lod i run into trouble with lodgen creating object lod for the tamriel worldspace. It starts to put out a single 0/0 (empty) file for the same coordinate every time i try to generate lod. After that it continues generating a "normal" file. And after that one it gets stuck and i have to wait around 30 min until it continues. In the meantime dyndolod gave up waiting for a lodgen log and since it continues and finishes (sucessfully?) there is no bugreport. I feel like there is something wrong, but i really dont know what or why. Its not like its freezing in those 30 min, it continues using hardware ressources and the window still responds. All i can give you is this screenshot with the coordinates i am talking about: https://imgur.com/iUhzSBM . I hope this helps a little.

You probably using TreeFullFallBack=0 too?

Set TreeFullFallBack=1 for now.

I might have an update to LODGen.exe with-in the next couple days / a week with should work better with full models.