DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hello, and thank you very much for DynDOLOD, you allready know this, but it is simply wonderful.

I'm having for the first time since I use it a problem I can't understand... This is all with VR Skyrim:

Somehow when dyndolod.esm is loaded, the ini tweaks I made for bows are not loaded, or at least not used by the game.

(I could easily test it because my tweaks rotate the arrow when I held one).

I updated Dyndolod (from Standalone 2.38 and ressources 2.36), I repatched from scratch... same problem.

(I did not forget to copy skyrimVR.ini as Skyrim.ini when patching and then deleted it. As usual.)

Then I tried to set IgnoreLargeReferences=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini before generating LOD from scratch.

So I didn't have a Dyndolod.esm anymore, and then I found out that I have the same problem with Dyndolod.esp only... :/

I don't get it... any help would be really welcome, thank you.

I hope it will not be a waste of time for you because I would have done a stupid mistake or would have not see the obvious reason for all this...

(Ps: in case it could matter, I'm using symlinks to simulate Special Editions folders in App data, My docs and Steam common, as I use Wrye Bash as a mod manager, Lootification, DynDOLOD... All of them need an SSE folder to recognize and use. That way I don't have to worry about that.)

Edited by Zyzyo

Hello, and thank you very much for DynDOLOD, you allready know this, but it is simply wonderful.

I'm having for the first time since I use it a problem I can't understand... This is all with VR Skyrim:

Somehow when dyndolod.esm is loaded, the ini tweaks I made for bows are not loaded, or at least not used by the game.

(I could easily test it because my tweaks rotate the arrow when I held one).

I updated Dyndolod (from Standalone 2.38 and ressources 2.36), I repatched from scratch... same problem.

(I did not forget to copy skyrimVR.ini as Skyrim.ini when patching and then deleted it. As usual.)

Then I tried to set IgnoreLargeReferences=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini before generating LOD from scratch.

So I didn't have a Dyndolod.esm anymore, and then I found out that I have the same problem with Dyndolod.esp only... :/

I don't get it... any help would be really welcome, thank you.

I hope it will not be a waste of time for you because I would have done a stupid mistake or would have not see the obvious reason for all this...

(Ps: in case it could matter, I'm using symlinks to simulate Special Editions folders in App data, My docs and Steam common, as I use Wrye Bash as a mod manager, Lootification, DynDOLOD... All of them need an SSE folder to recognize and use. That way I don't have to worry about that.)

DynDOLOD support Skyrim VR since version 2.37. Instead of symlinks start it with -tes5vr command line parameter.

There is no conceivable way the DynDOLOD plugins change unrelated INI settings or interfere with them as described, though you did not mention at all which INI settings are supposedly ignored.

Consequently it makes no difference if you create two or one plugins.

Did you maybe export all INI settings with the saveini command from console? It will create an INI in the data folder with the name of the last plugin loaded. Which may have been DynDOLOD.esp, so there might be a DynDOLOD.ini. Simply delete it.

In any case you should use DynDOLOD 2.40 to create LOD and plugins with -tes5vr and no symlink tricks.

DynDOLOD support Skyrim VR since version 2.37. Instead of symlinks start it with -tes5vr command line parameter.

There is no conceivable way the DynDOLOD plugins change unrelated INI settings or interfere with them as described, though you did not mention at all which INI settings are supposedly ignored.

Consequently it makes no difference if you create two or one plugins.

Did you maybe export all INI settings with the saveini command from console? It will create an INI in the data folder with the name of the last plugin loaded. Which may have been DynDOLOD.esp, so there might be a DynDOLOD.ini. Simply delete it.

In any case you should use DynDOLOD 2.40 to create LOD and plugins with -tes5vr and no symlink tricks.

Oh allmighty one! :)

You were perfectly right, I did use the saveini command and there was a DynDOLOD.ini in my data folder. Deleted it and it's all good now :)

(I'm also gonna re patch with -tes5vr by the way!)

Thank you kindly for your quick answer, for your efficient help and again, for DynDOLOD!

Wish you the best.

Edited by Zyzyo

I'm currently following Lexy's modding guide for Skyrim Special Edition and so far I haven't had a single problem. xLODGEN and TexGenx64 haven't had a single problem, but apparently DynDOLODx64 does. I make sure I checked all the worldspaces, the necessary options and select "Medium", but as soon as I start the process, an error pops up. Here's the relevant part of the log:

Creating new DynDOLOD.esm
[00:00:00.029] Load order: 216
[00:00:00.044] Creating new DynDOLOD.esp
[00:00:00.059] Write next object id 000000 to C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid
[00:00:00.073] Write next object id 000800 to C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid
[00:00:00.091]
[00:00:00.105] Debug: Free List 1
[00:00:00.119] Debug: Free List 2
[00:00:00.133] Debug: Free List 3
[00:00:00.148] Debug: Free List 4
[00:00:00.029] [DynDOLOD.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:00.163]
[00:00:00.163] Exception in unit prepare line 52: Access violation at address 0000000000C4C5C2 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
[00:00:00.163] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:00:00.163] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents of ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

I've tried to start Mod Organizer 2 as an Administrator, but it didn't change anything. I tried to activate debug mode but nothing changed.

The interesting thing is, - is it OK that I have a folder named "Skyrim Special Edition" in AppData/Local made only of three files, all related to DynDOLOD? I've got all my game-related things on D:\ (Data), including Skyrim SE, DynDOLOD and MO2, NOT on C:\, so I've definitely not put this folder in the C:\ drive. Anyway, the files in this folder are are DynDOLOD_settings.ini, DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid and DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid-esm.fid. I tried to delete the folder, but then DynDOLOD says it can't find the specified file path since I deleted it. 
I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. Thanks in advance, DynDOLOD has been quite the revelation for me since I've discovered it on "Old" Skyrim and not to use it for an error on the Special Edition would be a pity.

I'm currently following Lexy's modding guide for Skyrim Special Edition and so far I haven't had a single problem. xLODGEN and TexGenx64 haven't had a single problem, but apparently DynDOLODx64 does. I make sure I checked all the worldspaces, the necessary options and select "Medium", but as soon as I start the process, an error pops up. Here's the relevant part of the log:

Creating new DynDOLOD.esm

[00:00:00.029] Load order: 216

[00:00:00.044] Creating new DynDOLOD.esp

[00:00:00.059] Write next object id 000000 to C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid

[00:00:00.073] Write next object id 000800 to C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid

[00:00:00.091]

[00:00:00.105] Debug: Free List 1

[00:00:00.119] Debug: Free List 2

[00:00:00.133] Debug: Free List 3

[00:00:00.148] Debug: Free List 4

[00:00:00.029] [DynDOLOD.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"

[00:00:00.163] Exception in unit prepare line 52: Access violation at address 0000000000C4C5C2 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000

[00:00:00.163] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

[00:00:00.163] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents of ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

I've tried to start Mod Organizer 2 as an Administrator, but it didn't change anything. I tried to activate debug mode but nothing changed.

The interesting thing is, - is it OK that I have a folder named "Skyrim Special Edition" in AppData/Local made only of three files, all related to DynDOLOD? I've got all my game-related things on D:\ (Data), including Skyrim SE, DynDOLOD and MO2, NOT on C:\, so I've definitely not put this folder in the C:\ drive. Anyway, the files in this folder are are DynDOLOD_settings.ini, DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid and DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid-esm.fid. I tried to delete the folder, but then DynDOLOD says it can't find the specified file path since I deleted it. 

I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. Thanks in advance, DynDOLOD has been quite the revelation for me since I've discovered it on "Old" Skyrim and not to use it for an error on the Special Edition would be a pity.

Restore ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to the default version and try again.

If problem persists, post/upload the ENTIRE log from last execution as said in the message.

c:\Users\[...]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\ is a folder that is created by the game/launcher and contains plugins.txt. xEdit and DynDOLOD which is a modified xEdit uses the same folder to store settings. I suggest to not randomly delete game folders.

Restore ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to the default version and try again.

If problem persists, post/upload the ENTIRE log from last execution as said in the message.

c:\Users\[...]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\ is a folder that is created by the game/launcher and contains plugins.txt. xEdit and DynDOLOD which is a modified xEdit uses the same folder to store settings. I suggest to not randomly delete game folders.

Unfortunately the problem still persists. Here's the full log: https://pastebin.com/AbnvfTuf

The odd thing is, I don't have plugins.txt in that folder in AppData - I didn't delete it since I had basically moved the folder elsewhere and then restored it to its proper location after seeing I didn't accomplish anything.

Unfortunately the problem still persists. Here's the full log: https://pastebin.com/AbnvfTuf

The odd thing is, I don't have plugins.txt in that folder in AppData - I didn't delete it since I had basically moved the folder elsewhere and then restored it to its proper location after seeing I didn't accomplish anything.

Since you are using MO and most likely never used the in-game MOD menu or other mod managers that do not have virtualization there is nothing odd about not having a plugins.txt in that folder.

See what happens when you execute the x86 version DynDOLOD.exe

See what happens when you set IgnoreLargeReferences=1 in the INI.

Test if xEdit can add a new plugin by opening the entire load order in xEddit and then creating an overwrite for any record in any plugin.

For example type form id 7 into the field top left to bring up the Player, right click the entry in the left tree view, select Copy as override into..., check , enter a filename and click OK etc. No need to save if it worked.

Edited by sheson