DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Lucky!

It is the new Realistic Water Two update that is causing the CTDs. Anything you need me to test or are you able to hopefully fix it with this information?

I was able to reproduce the problems with RW2 and trace this back to a regression introduced some time after 2.36. This should be all fixed now in latest 2.40. Get it from first post.

So do you remember how I brought up an issue with dyndolod where it would crash whenever I left an interior cell to a worldspace? I decided after some time that I wanted to figure out which mod it was that caused it and to my surprise it was Elysium Estate 5.01. I tried to figure out why this was the case (even thought it might have been unoptimized meshes, but that was not it). Simply disabling it before generation completely removes any issues. The thing that surprised me was that the older version of Elysium Estate was compatible with dyndolod, but that was back in the days of 2.36 of dyndolod.

Anyway I thought to let you and everyone else know that Elysium Estate 5.01 causes ctd's when leaving interior cells to a worldspace when dyndolod is generated with it activated in the  load order.

Edit: wrote down the wrong version of dyndolod

Edited by Scandre1

I was able to reproduce the problems with RW2 and trace this back to a regression introduced some time after 2.36. This should be all fixed now in latest 2.40. Get it from first post.

Thanks! Do we need to regenerate?

So do you remember how I brought up an issue with dyndolod where it would crash whenever I left an interior cell to a worldspace? I decided after some time that I wanted to figure out which mod it was that caused it and to my surprise it was Elysium Estate 5.01. I tried to figure out why this was the case (even thought it might have been unoptimized meshes, but that was not it). Simply disabling it before generation completely removes any issues. The thing that surprised me was that the older version of Elysium Estate was compatible with dyndolod, but that was back in the days of 2.36 of dyndolod.

Anyway I thought to let you and everyone else know that Elysium Estate 5.01 causes ctd's when leaving interior cells to a worldspace when dyndolod is generated with it activated in the  load order.

Thanks for mentioning, I use that mod and would have probably ragequit modding skyrim if I had to go through the whole trial and error process again.

I have no issues with Elysium Estate 5.01 and LOD generated with DynDOLOD 2.40 in Skyrim SE.

I did all the testing on 2.39 of dyndolod so it could be possible that you have fixed the problem. It might also be that the location where you do the testing is important. I did all my testing in whiterun running in and out of buildings like some madman and always got the ctd if Elysium Estate was active during creation of dyndolod. However I also noticed that if I started the game in Riften and did the same the game would not ctd. But if I went to whiterun and then back to riften the ctd's do happen again.

I did all the testing on 2.39 of dyndolod so it could be possible that you have fixed the problem. It might also be that the location where you do the testing is important. I did all my testing in whiterun running in and out of buildings like some madman and always got the ctd if Elysium Estate was active during creation of dyndolod. However I also noticed that if I started the game in Riften and did the same the game would not ctd. But if I went to whiterun and then back to riften the ctd's do happen again.

If you could generate with 2.40 and the mod in the load order to verify if the problem went away that would be great.

So I did as you asked and rebuilt dyndolod with 2.40 with Elysium Estate active. I did my regular routine of leaving dragonsreach (I had a save here which had an old version of dyndolod removed) and started to walk to the temple of kynareth. I entered and left pretty quick and no ctd. Did the same with some other buildings and now I can say that 2.40 fixes any issues that the previous versions had while Elysium Estate was active during generation.

tl;dr: 2.40 of dyndolod fixes ctd's with Elysium Estate 5.01

So I did as you asked and rebuilt dyndolod with 2.40 with Elysium Estate active. I did my regular routine of leaving dragonsreach (I had a save here which had an old version of dyndolod removed) and started to walk to the temple of kynareth. I entered and left pretty quick and no ctd. Did the same with some other buildings and now I can say that 2.40 fixes any issues that the previous versions had while Elysium Estate was active during generation.

tl;dr: 2.40 of dyndolod fixes ctd's with Elysium Estate 5.01

Thanks for letting us know, seems it was the same bug as with RW2 and not something else I have to investigate.

Hi,

I got an error while trying to use DynDOLOD in Skyrim SE. The error is the following: Exception in unit userscript line 267: Access violation at address 0000000000BEA36F in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000846

I've attached the log.DynDOLOD_SSE_log.zip 

Thanks in advance,

Nielsivd99

Edited by Nielsivd99

Hi,

I got an error while trying to use DynDOLOD in Skyrim SE. The error is the following: Exception in unit userscript line 267: Access violation at address 0000000000BEA36F in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000846

I've attached the log.attachicon.gifDynDOLOD_SSE_log.zip

Thanks in advance,

Nielsivd99

See if clearing the folder ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\ helps.

Once you tried again and it still didn't work, let me know if the file DynDOLOD_SSE_lodgen.txt exists or not.

This could be UAC or antivirus preventing writing/overwriting files.

Edited by sheson

See if clearing the folder ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\ helps.

Once you tried again and it still didn't work, let me know if the file DynDOLOD_SSE_lodgen.txt exists or not.

This could be UAC or antivirus preventing writing/overwriting files.

Unfortunately still having the same issue after deleting the cache here is the file you asked for DynDOLOD_SSE_lodgen.txt.zip.

The weird thing with the file is that it is called DynDOLOD_SSE_lodgen.txt.txt so double extensions. It was located in the cache.

Unfortunately still having the same issue after deleting the cache here is the file you asked for attachicon.gifDynDOLOD_SSE_lodgen.txt.zip.

The weird thing with the file is that it is called DynDOLOD_SSE_lodgen.txt.txt so double extensions. It was located in the cache.

See if restoring ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to its original state (copy the one from the archive) helps