DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Thanks for the reply. You'll have to forgive me as I'm quite new to modding, but those records were what the console displayed when I clicked the area that was flickering. I hoped that they might lead to what was causing the issue.

Do you mean uLargeRefLODGridSize? I can't find any info on uLargeRefGridDistance.

Is it possible that other plugins could be triggering the large reference bug and if so, would they also show as errors in the DynDOLOD log? Lastly, should I add the flag 0x4 to the record or will there be a data field that already exists that I need to edit?

Ops, yes I mean uLargeRefLODGridSize.

z-fighting in the distance between object and terrain LOD is caused by floating point precision errors in the z-buffer. LOD generated by DynDOLOD does not change or fix this engine issue.

Large Reference bugs texture flicker (which happen right beyond the loaded cells) can be caused by many reasons and not all are scanned for or reported in the DynDOLOD log. It is easy to test though, toggle LOD with tll in console, if the full object in question still shows past the loaded cells and the flicker is gone, then it is that bug.

The flag is a new addition on forms version 44. It seems it should be set on all MSTT base records that are used by large references to avoid the bug to be triggered. In this case there is only a point settings that flag if the plugin is converted to an ESM to also fix the bug being triggered by the overwritten references that use the MSTTs.

Edited by sheson

I'm getting much missing data error while generating dyndolod:

Missing DATA - Flags 0x4 RealisticWaterTwo.esp DLC2OceanWavesStraight [MSTT:0402ADC5] 

And many others from the same esp... However, after checking the esp in sseedite I found out the data are not missing and they are in their destined folder... So why I'm still getting this missing data message?

I'm getting much missing data error while generating dyndolod:

Missing DATA - Flags 0x4 RealisticWaterTwo.esp DLC2OceanWavesStraight [MSTT:0402ADC5] 

And many others from the same esp... However, after checking the esp in sseedite I found out the data are not missing and they are in their destined folder... So why I'm still getting this missing data message?

DATA - Flags is a row/setting on MSTT base records with form version 44. 0x4 stands for bit 4 set. xEdit currently names it Unknown2. It needs to be set, or else large references using this base record will trigger large references bugs.

Edited by sheson

DATA - Flags is a row/setting on MSTT base records with form version 44. 0x4 stands for bit 4 set. xEdit currently names it Unknown2. It needs to be set, or else large references using this base record will trigger large references bugs.

The esp that has these missing messages doesn't have any errors in xEdit... Some of them are unknown 2 and On local map... there is no other option for them in xEdit.

A guide might help.

Edited by Saqer

Hey sheson, 

I know you are probably aware of this, but I am noticing that when approaching a building like Dragonsreach or farmhouses, there is a certain time span where the full model will already be loaded while the LOD model is still loaded. This results in weird z-fighting. After this span, the LOD model unloads and leaves the already loaded full model visible. 

This has not been the case for Oldrim. 

Is there a way to tackle this issue? Or is it a flaw embedded in the large reference system that we will never be able to fix?

EDIT: Reading through the last page, it could be that I was mistaken and Dyndolod only amplifies this flaw. The culprit would then be other plugins that are .esp and modify large references (?). Although I have to admit I am not really sure if I understand your previous statement about this texture flicker correctly. Can you please clarify? :D

Edited by David2408

Hey sheson, 

I know you are probably aware of this, but I am noticing that when approaching a building like Dragonsreach or farmhouses, there is a certain time span where the full model will already be loaded while the LOD model is still loaded. This results in weird z-fighting. After this span, the LOD model unloads and leaves the already loaded full model visible. 

This has not been the case for Oldrim. 

Is there a way to tackle this issue? Or is it a flaw embedded in the large reference system that we will never be able to fix?

EDIT: Reading through the last page, it could be that I was mistaken and Dyndolod only amplifies this flaw. The culprit would then be other plugins that are .esp and modify large references (?). Although I have to admit I am not really sure if I understand your previous statement about this texture flicker correctly. Can you please clarify? :D

When a new row of cells attaches, the game first loads all object and then unloads LOD. All games using the same old engine do this. That is like a brief second.

The large reference bugs caused by plugins overwriting large references is well known and documented in the Skyim SE documentation of DynDOLOD. There are also messages about it listing all plugins/references causing the bug in the DynDOLOD log.

Edited by sheson

The esp that has these missing messages doesn't have any errors in xEdit... Some of them are unknown 2 and On local map... there is no other option for them in xEdit.

A guide might help.

This is the DynDOLOD support forum. If you require help with xEdit or have feature suggestions you should post that on the appropriate xEdit forums.

DynDOLOD will report overwritten large references and MSTT base records which are used by large references where the last overwrite does not have the required flag set.

See attached screenshot of xx02ADC5 as example. The plugin removes the flag.

data-flags-0x4.png

Edited by sheson

...if the plugin is converted to an ESM to also fix the bug being triggered by the overwritten references that use the MSTTs.

Would it be possible to flag the plugin as an ESL instead so that the records for it are loaded in ESL space or would it need to be converted to ESM?

0x4 stands for bit 4 set. xEdit currently names it Unknown2.

Good to know! I saw the Unknown2 variable in xEdit but I didn't know it was the 0x4 flag we've been talking about. Thanks for your help.

Would it be possible to flag the plugin as an ESL instead so that the records for it are loaded in ESL space or would it need to be converted to ESM?

Good to know! I saw the Unknown2 variable in xEdit but I didn't know it was the 0x4 flag we've been talking about. Thanks for your help.

Yes ESM/ESL both work as explained in the bug report SkyrimSE-LargeRefGrid.html included in DynDOLOD standalone:

In this context ESM and ESL file means plugins that have the filename suffix *.esm, *.esl without or with their ESM/ESL flags set or *.esp files that have their ESM/ESL flags set. The issues are with *.esp files that do not have their ESM/ESL flags set.

So either just renaming to ESM/ESL or setting the ESM/ESL flag "fixes" the bugs caused by overwriting large references. 

Edited by sheson

No it's indeed from a mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73161?tab=files

file : ELOS Oaks Autumn Colours SSE

i'll check that out ty sheson.

Edit : do I need to regenerate after messing with the shaders ?

You at least need to rerun LODGen.exe to update static object LOD after changing LOD resources.

I just tested 3D tree LOD generation with ELOS Oaks Autumn Colours SSE. I let it overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE. Nothing overwriting ELOS Oaks Autumn Colours SSE.

Everything looks normal here, nothing is white.

Here's some shots with SSELODGen terrain and DynDOLOD high settings. Its looking pretty good now but I think I may switch to a darker green/brown terrain color to help grass blend better with the terrain textures. The grass pop-in on cell load is more noticeable and jarring if the terrain underneath is much lighter in color than the grass. So I think I can get it looking very nice if the terrain and grass blend well and give the illusion that distant terrain is covered in grass. I'm also going to switch to Ultra Trees as my performance is stable. I also have about 80 different mods installed and I haven't noticed any texture flicker to do with large references so far, even though I have the large reference system turned on. B

8sNv5Rx.jpg

PqRiXtm.jpg

YqMmcDe.jpg

Edited by drift123

getting error when running dyndolod 2.42

[00:00:08.268] [DynDOLOD.esp] Adding master "Solitude Expansion.esp"
[00:00:08.386]
[00:00:08.410]
[00:00:08.410] Exception in unit prepare line 543: FormID [1602E12D] references a master which is not available in file [C9] DynDOLOD.esp
Edited by skankmisfit

Go back to Mod Organizer and scroll down the list of plugins in the right pane to see if any of them have a flag indicating missing masters. If you hover over the icon, it'll tell you which master(s) are missing for that plugin.