DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Here's my mod list. https://pastebin.com/sG9Pi52g

I still haven't got around to editing the esp, not sure when i'll get around to it. He has a pretty small modlist, everything that we are both running I haven't changed in my mod load order for at least a month. This issue popped up recently on a new playthrough after updating DynDOLOD

Sheson, just to confirm if you go to Riften and zone in and out of a builidng 10 times or so times, it never crashes?

Edited by tyrindor

I setup a very basic setup of only SkyUI, USSEP, HD LOD, and DynDOLOD and it doesn't crash. Now to start adding mods and rerunning... -.-

I can confirm deleting the entire mesh folder under DynDOLOD Output does not fix the crashing though. I think it's gotta be one of the mods that DynDOLOD.esp sets as a master.

Comparing with his list it's gotta be one of these:

Nobleskyrim SE

Lanterns of Skyrim

BS Bruma

Clockwork

Project AHO

Moon an Star

Helgen Reborn

Realistic Water Two

Veydosebrom - Grasses and Grasscover

Enhanced Vanilla Trees

Billboards Generator for EVT
Edited by tyrindor

Here's my mod list. https://pastebin.com/sG9Pi52g

I still haven't got around to editing the esp, not sure when i'll get around to it. He has a pretty small modlist, everything that we are both running I haven't changed in my mod load order for at least a month. This issue popped up recently on a new playthrough after updating DynDOLOD

Sheson, just to confirm if you go to Riften and zone in and out of a builidng 10 times or so times, it never crashes?

DynDOLOD and the LOD and plugins it creates do not generally cause crashes (any such case is discovered quickly by everyone and usually fixed very quickly). In old Skyrim memory limitations used to cause crashes until there was a memory patch. Third party meshes or data from plugins that is copied or overwritten and changed by the DYnDOLOD can cause crashes if unforeseen things happen. Once you are able to narrow it down to a single or handful records we will be able to identify (like the "invalid" NIF problem - the meshes work fine in normal use and only cause problem when used for dynamic LOD) and fix or workaround the problem.

If the problem around Riften is new, I would assume a more or less recent new/updated mod in that region could be related.

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD and the LOD and plugins it creates do not generally cause crashes (any such case is discovered quickly by everyone and usually fixed very quickly). In old Skyrim memory limitations used to cause crashes until there was a memory patch. Third party meshes or data from plugins that is copied or overwritten and changed by the DYnDOLOD can cause crashes if unforeseen things happen. Once you are able to narrow it down to a single or handful records we will be able to identify (like the "invalid" NIF problem - the meshes work fine in normal use and only cause problem when used for dynamic LOD) and fix or workaround the problem.

If the problem around Riften is new, I would assume a more or less recent new/updated mod in that region could be related.

It happens everywhere, just more common in Riften. Now that I think of it, Realistic Water Two updated very recently... and Riften has a lot of water around it. Will be the first mod I disable to test.

I can confirm so far it is not Noble Skyrim/Noble Skyrim (SMIM Patch).

Edited by tyrindor

Sorry for triple post, but can't edit posts after awhile. Looks like possibly corrupt NIFs in the newest RWT update. EZRAS, can you confirm removing RWT and re-running DynDOLOD fixes the crashing for you too? We may need to take this up with the RWT developer because it doesn't seem like a DynDOLOD issue at this point.

NifScan 0.3.2, starting to scan...

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxfluidtile02.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestilebrt.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile_less.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile01_n.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile01_wave.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile02_n.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile03_n.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\defaultwater_creek.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\defaultwater_pond.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\oceanflow.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\pondflow.dds

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\riverflow.dds

[Done] Checked 710 file(s)

Edited by tyrindor

Lucky!

It is the new Realistic Water Two update that is causing the CTDs. Anything you need me to test or are you able to hopefully fix it with this information?

Hello. I wanted to add that I just now had the same experience with Realistic Water Two. Removing it from my game stabilized my DynDOLOD build while exiting buildings in Riften.

Great job. I will test with the new version myself and see what I can find.

Just thought I'd mention that the link to PapyrusUtil is still to the old Nexus which does not work anymore.

Thanks. Updated.

Edited by sheson

I did some more testing and it's not any of the Realistc Water Two patches (Wyrmstooth, iNEED, etc). I select "high" for texture resolution during installation, everything else default.

There's people that are using it without crashing, so hopefully you can reproduce it. I'm running the exact same settings shown in the tutorial, with high preset: https://youtu.be/90TRMvFdduo?t=195

Edited by tyrindor

Yeah, RWT is the issue for me as well. I installed the same except with medium preset. I also tried downgrading it to the most recent version before the current (v1.4.4) and still got the crash. Haven't tried earlier versions yet.

BTW, are you using the LOD fix?

Edited by EZRAS

Yeah, RWT is the issue for me as well. I installed the same except with medium preset. I also tried downgrading it to the most recent version before the current (v1.4.4) and still got the crash. Haven't tried earlier versions yet.

BTW, are you using the LOD fix?

The LOD fix shouldn't be needed with the newest version.

About a month ago, I had a ~30 hour save on 1.4.4 + LOD Fix with an older version of DynDOLOD and didn't have these problems. If 1.4.4 is crashing now, might be a recent change in DynDOLOD that is causing it.

Edited by tyrindor

The LOD fix shouldn't be needed with the newest version.

About a month ago, I had a ~30 hour save on 1.4.4 + LOD Fix with an older version of DynDOLOD and didn't have these problems. If 1.4.4 is crashing now, might be a recent change in DynDOLOD that is causing it.

Seems like you're right. Just tried v1.3.5 with and without the lod fix and still crashed.

Hi all,

I've recently looked at this video and managed to get everything to run quite nicely indeed:

When I first ran DynDOLOD everything seemed to work just fine but then I added som other mods and decided to re-run DynDOLOD.

Now for some reason I have two issues. Just a few of the pines now have purple tree textures and also the windmills have no blades.

I've tried a few solutions such as trying the oldrim EVT & Billboards meshes/textures but all to no avail.

Hi all,

I've recently looked at this video and managed to get everything to run quite nicely indeed:

When I first ran DynDOLOD everything seemed to work just fine but then I added som other mods and decided to re-run DynDOLOD.

Now for some reason I have two issues. Just a few of the pines now have purple tree textures and also the windmills have no blades.

I've tried a few solutions such as trying the oldrim EVT & Billboards meshes/textures but all to no avail.

If you have problems or questions about third party guides you need to ask the author of that guide. I can not support 3rd party guides.

Purple textures are a file not found problem. If the missing textures are related to object LOD (purple textures in the distance), then DynDOLOD log may print a file/texture not found message at LOD generation time.

In this case it sounds like texture are missing from full models, which has nothing to do with DynDOLOD or LOD generation at all. Missing textures are easy to troubleshoot with console, form id and looking up the model in xEdit and using the Asset Browser of xEdit to look up the NIF model. The Asset Browser lists the textures a NIF uses without having to open the NIF in xEdit.