xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hey, what's the best and easiest way to edit noise.dds without ruining the quality of the texture? I mean what program should I use and what settings should i apply etc. I only want to make the noise a bit brighter.

Thanks for help in advance

• 3 weeks later...

[sSE]

Can anyone tell me if this behavior is normal? The terrain seems to get extremely blurry very close to my character. I tried this program (Terrain LOD only) and it made the issue less apparent, but I think the same thing is still happening. A picture to illustrate: 

https://imgur.com/EBWcrDl (no idea how to thumbnail it)

This is completely vanilla, fresh install, with launcher generated ini's. BethINI configs with maxed distance settings made no difference. I began noticing this after installing my new GPU (RTX 2060) and don't believe it occurred before then. I tried multiple different drivers. I'm going to change back to my old GPU and see if it's still there.

It happens in all locations and will load correctly if I walk closer.

I have virtually no technical knowledge about this so I'm lost. Any help is seriously appreciated. The game is unplayable in this state and I don't want to throw away a hobby I enjoy for no good reason. 

Edited by Goshyiyo

[sSE]

Can anyone tell me if this behavior is normal? The terrain seems to get extremely blurry very close to my character. I tried this program (Terrain LOD only) and it made the issue less apparent, but I think the same thing is still happening. A picture to illustrate: 

https://imgur.com/EBWcrDl (no idea how to thumbnail it)

This is completely vanilla, fresh install, with launcher generated ini's. BethINI configs with maxed distance settings made no difference. I began noticing this after installing my new GPU (RTX 2060) and don't believe it occurred before then. I tried multiple different drivers. I'm going to change back to my old GPU and see if it's still there.

It happens in all locations and will load correctly if I walk closer.

I have virtually no technical knowledge about this so I'm lost. Any help is seriously appreciated. The game is unplayable in this state and I don't want to throw away a hobby I enjoy for no good reason. 

Yes, terrain fades in a circle around the player to the terrain LOD diffuse texture. It was exactly the same before. The only INI settings that affect this are uGridsToLoad, which will make the circle bigger to cover the extra cells and a setting that controls the time of fade/delay after a new row of cell attaches while moving.  There are no settings that control the quality of the fade.

Changing the graphics card does not change it. Changing any other of the typical distance settings does not change it.

Yes, terrain fades in a circle around the player to the terrain LOD diffuse texture. It was exactly the same before. The only INI settings that affect this are uGridsToLoad, which will make the circle bigger to cover the extra cells and a setting that controls the time of fade/delay after a new row of cell attaches while moving.  There are no settings that control the quality of the fade.

Changing the graphics card does not change it. Changing any other of the typical distance settings does not change it.

Yeah, I tried raising uGrids prior to posting. It didn't make any difference in regards to this problem, but everything else loads further. That's why I was more inclined to believe it's a me problem and not a universal problem. I honestly cannot recall it looking that bad, that closely in all my years modding until recently. But maybe I'm crazy. I changed my GPU, it's still blending into oblivion at the same distance. Which means I don't have to return the GPU at least, and that it's unaffected by uGrids.

https://imgur.com/lL7d2d1 < With uGrids 7

Someone else could easily replicate this if it's normal. Run the game no mods, uGrids 7, use coc whiterun at the main menu, and then use tfc 1 and see if it's identical.

Edited by Goshyiyo

I'm getting an Error from beta 42. I'm running the 64 bit version through MO2 with the "-sse" command. I'm only running for Tree LOD on Tamriel. At the end of the log, I always get this message:

[Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Executing TexConv returned error: "D:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -m 0 -f DXT3 -bcdither -o "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

The resulting output is the "TamrielTreeLod.dds" texture, however, it causes a CTD as soon as the game starts to load. I also can't open it in an editor.

EDIT:

Beta 45 works.

I'm getting an Error from beta 42. I'm running the 64 bit version through MO2 with the "-sse" command. I'm only running for Tree LOD on Tamriel. At the end of the log, I always get this message:

The resulting output is the "TamrielTreeLod.dds" texture, however, it causes a CTD as soon as the game starts to load. I also can't open it in an editor.

EDIT:

Beta 45 works.

Always use a dedicated output folder with -o argument, especially with MO.

• 2 weeks later...

xLODGen Beta 46 added support for FO4 GreyscaleToPalette_Color flag, 4th texture slot and Grayscale to Palette Scale value used by some full models to change texture coloring.

Can you please upload a mirror for your download? The Mega link shows me a "Temporary error, retrying." and I already tried everything possible.

• 2 weeks later...

xLODGen beta 47
fixes an issue with FO4 vertex alpha
added TVDT Occlusion data generation for Skryim/Enderal/Skyrim VR/Skyrim Special Edition

xLODGen beta 48
fixes looking for some wrong object LOD texture filenames in FO4

xLODGen beta 49

ignore wild edit cells that are out of range for occlusion

xLODGen beta 50

fix an error reading object LOD meshes for occlusion

See the included Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt for a brief explanation of the Skyrim TVDT Occlusion data generation. Read the hints that are shown when the mouse pointer rests on a setting. Ask specific questions or give feedback in the dedicated Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Data thread.

Edited by sheson

Is it safe to compress the generated meshes and textures after the tool is run into a bsa to improve game loading times?

I am doing that for some time now and noticed less stutter. Depending on your settings, you can get multiple bsa archives. I got 9 archives, which means 9 plugins to load them. But they can easily be marked .esl. Works fine for me so far. Might aswell add those to the skyrim.ini archive list, but i dont know if there is a maximum number of archives that can be added/loaded.

Is it safe to compress the generated meshes and textures after the tool is run into a bsa to improve game loading times?

Always the same answer: Only do this if really know what you are doing. Asking the question is kind of a hint :)

Nothing else should overwrite any of the files. If there are data files for the SKSE plugins, they need to be loose. I do not support it. 

If you are using Skryim Special Edition Consider using/testing https://github.com/Ryan-rsm-McKenzie/FileCacheSSE/releases

Edited by sheson

Always the same answer: Only do this if really know what you are doing. Asking the question is kind of a hint :)

Nothing else should overwrite any of the files. If there are data files for the SKSE plugins, they need to be loose. I do not support it. 

If you are using Skryim Special Edition Consider using/testing https://github.com/Ryan-rsm-McKenzie/FileCacheSSE/releases

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to compress the BSA, but only the files that Mod Organizer said didn't conflict with anything. The rest stayed loose. Would you know what this File Cache SSE is exactly supposed to do? Nothing's really said on the GitHub.

Edited by Martimius