xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 111 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

I think this shows what you are looking for.  First is 4.4.24, the second is 4.4.28.

To test vanilla LOD, is there a switch or command I can use in xLODGen, so I don't have to uninstall everything?  Thanks!

Yeah that looks like on floating water plane for a cell. Are you sure you are using the latest xLODGen from first post? With vanilla game all appears fine.

There has to be a mod changing that cell. If you look at it from top (the toolbar has a box with a blue top) the lower left cell is the one from the file name. The BTO is 4x4 cells, so maybe you are able to determine the exact cell coordinates and look it up in xEdit with the cell browser (remember to change the world to Tamriel) to check for overwrites.

I think it would be faster to run worldspace browser in xEdit with Alt+F3, then select "Overlay \ Cell Overrides" in the menu and right click -> Select all to select all plugins since it is unknown which one is causing the trouble.

dotted square: cell record (CELL) is overridden
solid square: landspace record (LAND) in this cell is added or overridden
dotted cross: navmesh or pathgrid records (NAVM or PGRD) in this cell are added or overridden

Then you can right click on the map where the interested conflict is and position on that record in xEdit to check what's up.

When trying to use 19 I am getting "Invalid Parameter" when trying to generate landscape LOD. Am I missing a file or this an issue with MO2? I'm outputting files to a directory on another drive with -O command line switch.

Also what settings would coincide with vanilla Level 2 generation for Fallout 3/NV ?

Edited by RoyBatty

When trying to use 19 I am getting "Invalid Parameter" when trying to generate landscape LOD. Am I missing a file or this an issue with MO2? I'm outputting files to a directory on another drive with -O command line switch.

You have a bit more context when this message happens? You have log or screenshot?

xLODGen does FO3/NV object LOD level 8 automatically depending on the lodsettings file for the worldspace. Zilav knows the details.

These are my settings https://i.imgur.com/2JoRoK5.png (4-32 are set to 10), pressing generate immediate errors out with this https://i.imgur.com/3fFcaGD.png

I have object LOD generating fine, what I need is to know what landscape LOD settings are closest to vanilla. I need things to be performance friendly as vanilla, but new lod entirely.

I can not repeat often enough to not install the tools or the game into special windows folders like Program Files x86. This might be UAC or antivirus related.

See if it works if the tools are in their own, non-special windows folder.

If problem persists, skip that world, see if the other worlds work.

Edited by sheson

I don't have any antivirus (and defender is removed), UAC is disabled and I also am on Windows 7 with a real administrator account. It worked before when I was testing it some months ago. I already tried other worldspaces and same thing. It does save the bin file, but then crashes after.

Edited by RoyBatty

I don't have any antivirus (and defender is removed), UAC is disabled and I also am on Windows 7 with a real administrator account. It worked before when I was testing it some months ago. I already tried other worldspaces and same thing. It does save the bin file, but then crashes after.

Just like with DynDOLOD, xLODgen should not be installed into game folders, special windows folders or folders under control of MO.

I am assuming you are using a very recent version of MO2? Check its Discord for recent discussions.

The error seems to happen when it tries to create or overwrite the *.bin file, maybe something prevents it from creation or overwriting.

It will try to create a small LODGen_Terrain_[worldspace].txt in "Edit Scripts" right after. Check if the file was created.

Then it will try to start LODGen.exe/LODGenx64.exe. See if the MO debug log mentions on of the exe files.

Does disabling meshes and only creating textures work? Does the basic FNV game and WastelandNV 000DA726 worldspace work?

Edited by sheson

I moved everything to separate install location without mod organizer at all, just raw files and made a copy of the appdata folder for New Vegas with a valid plugins.txt. FNVLODGen is in the extracted folder on my desktop. It still throws that error. I do not have simple records enabled either.

It doesn't use the correct path for the registry key or is not checking for both locations, it's in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/Bethesda and not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bethesda the latter of which is not used to my knowledge ever.

I cannot use -o parameter at all or it immediately aborts with the invalid argument error when trying to generate. It saves the .bin if I remove it, but then throws the invalid argument error and the .txt file is not created.

Generating only textures appears to work but it's not actually generating anything except small black squares, and it crashes mid way through doing so.

Found the problem, it doesn't play nice with my xEdit settings for some reason. Maybe it should have a separate settings file to avoid conflicts.

Copying settings as FNVLODGen.ini next to the executable should work.

Found the problem, it doesn't play nice with my xEdit settings for some reason. Maybe it should have a separate settings file to avoid conflicts.

Great job finding that out. Please upload the INI that causes the problem, so I can try to find out which setting is conflicting.

• +1 1