DoubleYou

Could you post the BethINI log.txt file? From when you modified it? It will be located where your INI files are located inside the BethINI Cache folder inside the time stamped folder. You have a large number of custom tweaks in your INI file and I want to see which settings were actually changed to try and pinpoint the offending setting.

Could you post the BethINI log.txt file? From when you modified it? It will be located where your INI files are located inside the BethINI Cache folder inside the time stamped folder. You have a large number of custom tweaks in your INI file and I want to see which settings were actually changed to try and pinpoint the offending setting.

https://pastebin.com/DF0nEFhr

There you go, I wonder could it be possibly something to do with SSE display tweaks? It does modify some of the same settings like the fmax etc

When you delete the SkyrimCustom.ini, you keep the Skyrim.ini, and you don't get CTD? The log file indicates that SkyrimCustom.ini is basically the same as Skyrim.ini, so I am surprised that deleting it had an effect. I see nothing in the INI files that should cause a CTD, but you do have a large amount of tweaks and mods that I am not entirely familiar with. If I can compare it to the INI files you started with (if this is the first time you used BethINI, it is kept in the Before BethINI folder inside the BethINI Cache), it may be easier to see what setting may have changed to induce CTD. SSE Display Tweaks should override the fmaxtime settings entirely, so that isn't the issue.

When you delete the SkyrimCustom.ini, you keep the Skyrim.ini, and you don't get CTD? The log file indicates that SkyrimCustom.ini is basically the same as Skyrim.ini, so I am surprised that deleting it had an effect. I see nothing in the INI files that should cause a CTD, but you do have a large amount of tweaks and mods that I am not entirely familiar with. If I can compare it to the INI files you started with (if this is the first time you used BethINI, it is kept in the Before BethINI folder inside the BethINI Cache), it may be easier to see what setting may have changed to induce CTD. SSE Display Tweaks should override the fmaxtime settings entirely, so that isn't the issue.

I think I posted the wrong one, sec here is my working ini:

https://pastebin.com/aBUML2Qs

https://pastebin.com/gvYqB2KT

Update, I started a new game using the new bethini. This time I changed some mods up, have cathedral weathers and landscapes etc. No CTD. Must be something specific to my save (was getting pretty big, 18MB ess)

Could you add an option to open the launcher and ini files directly from within the mod? I want some of the easy options that the launcher gives me and then just disable the stuff that the launcher automatically enables.

Edited by JohnnyTest91

There is no reason to add a link to open the Launcher within BethINI, as BethINI replaces the need to use the buggy Launcher options. As for directly editing INI files within the mod manually, the Custom tab already allows the user to change any INI setting without having to manually open up the INI files, so any manual edits are rather beyond the scope of the mod.

baJ7tnwSeems like I can't get my BethINI settings to apply to my game. I'm using Wabbajack to install a modlist. I believe all the paths are setup correctly, included screenshot (if attachment worked as expected). Even tried copying the INI files from the Wabbajack install profile to Skyrim's location and no change. If there's any additional detail needed to assist, happy to provide.

You sure you didn't tweak uGridsToLoad at some point?

from 7 down to 5, didn't think that would cause crash on load though. Not sure what set it to 7 either since I never touched that setting before now =/

baJ7tnwSeems like I can't get my BethINI settings to apply to my game. I'm using Wabbajack to install a modlist. I believe all the paths are setup correctly, included screenshot (if attachment worked as expected). Even tried copying the INI files from the Wabbajack install profile to Skyrim's location and no change. If there's any additional detail needed to assist, happy to provide.

It looks like you have things setup for a Mod Organizer profile called Xanza's LOTD. Please verify that is the correct profile. If it is, what setting(s) do not seem to be working?

from 7 down to 5, didn't think that would cause crash on load though. Not sure what set it to 7 either since I never touched that setting before now =/

On an existing save, modifying uGridsToLoad without the proper techniques will cause the game to crash every time. That is definitely what caused the problem. To fix the save to work with the new uGridsToLoad setting, you must do the following:

1. Launch the game with the old uGridsToLoad value in the ini (7 in this case).

2. Load up the save and enter the console with the tilde key.

3. Alt-tab out of the game. Do not quit the game!

4. Change uGridsToLoad to the new value you want, either in BethINI or manually.

5. Alt-tab back into the game and enter refreshini in the game console.

6. Save the game in a new slot.

That should allow you to use the save with the modified uGridsToLoad value.